Skip to main content

Favre has had a lot more choke jobs than Rodgers. Rodgers has brought his team back only to see a missed kick or sieve defense lose the game for him, but he has seldom had a game losing interception. The passion of another rematch might just get to Favre more than Rodgers. I worry about the refs, though, since the NFL wants a Vike win.
Don Banks' 10 most compelling Super Bowl matchups:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.c...index.html?eref=sihp

Interesting take on his Vikings/Jets matchup. Not sure if I've heard this about Favre's second half performance last season from the national media:

Favre against the team he made that 2008 cameo with. I'm sure by now Jets fans have forgiven him for tanking at the end of the season and getting New York's head coach fired in the process.
Indy and GB in SuperBowl. GB has the best chance, they're playing the best and have the best health and best turnover margin. The D is playing lights out and the O can score on any play. They are the best and in the best shape.

I can't believe some of you guys don't have GB #1.
quote:
Originally posted by Grave Digger:
San Diego will never win it. They're still the same old San Diego...put up big stats in the regular season and win a lot of games but ultimately are ill-equipped for postseason play.

Sounds like what everyone was saying about Indianapolis. And then they won one. We'll see. But you can say that for just about every team that's a contender.

- SD...always a pretender
- IND....one hit wonder
- PHI....always the bridesmaid, never the bride
- NO....has more hurricanes in the past decade than playoff wins
- DAL....Romo and Co. choke every year
- MIN....Websters uses Minnesota to define choke
- GB....Rodgers has never done anything and they've won few playoff games this decade

One of those phrases is going to come to an end. Perhaps even SD.

The one thing I like about SD this year, is the only other real contender in that conference is Indy...who SD should have all the confidence in the world that they can win there.
quote:
Originally posted by BeerGuy:
Sounds like what everyone was saying about Indianapolis. And then they won one. We'll see. But you can say that for just about every team that's a contender.

The one thing I like about SD this year, is the only other real contender in that conference is Indy...who SD should have all the confidence in the world that they can win there.

The difference is that Indy had a championship caliber defense and really good coaching. San Diego has the opposite happening. Their running game is terrible and their defense is not what it used to be. The days of them having a stifling defense left with Wade Phillips.

SD will always be the same...gobs and gobs of offense, but shoddy defense that won't put anyone away.
quote:
Originally posted by Grave Digger:
quote:
Originally posted by BeerGuy:

The difference is that Indy had a championship caliber defense and really good coaching. San Diego has the opposite happening. Their running game is terrible and their defense is not what it used to be. The days of them having a stifling defense left with Wade Phillips.

SD will always be the same...gobs and gobs of offense, but shoddy defense that won't put anyone away.

Indy's defense was average all season when they won the Super Bowl but put together a hell of a run in the playoffs. Who's to say that won't happen with San Diego or any of the other squads?

Truth be told, this should be a high scoring playoffs (weather could effect it). Defenses are not dominant.
quote:
Originally posted by IL_Pack_Fan:
I don't have too many problems with Banks' list, but can someone please explain the national Dallas love? They beat a NO team that we now know was beginning their downward spiral, won against the already vacationing Redskins and took it to the Eagles at home.

One/maybe two impressive wins to finish out a rather lackluster 5-3 second half of the season.

I don't get it either. A month ago they were doomed and were an after thought. Now they are suddenly the best team in the league. I'm not buying it.
quote:
Originally posted by rastapackermon:
quote:
Originally posted by Diggr14:
And yes. Right now, the Packers are playing well.. 7-1 in last 8.. could be 8-0. .

New Year's resolution:

Read no more Diggr14 threads/posts. Should be one of my easier New Year's accomplishments.

That was my last year's resolution, which was going to be easy to keep - just set him to ignore.

BUT some idots keep quoting him. Mad
I liked this thread idea from last year, so I'm dusting it off. Just a refresher, rank the teams in order of how likely they are to win the Super Bowl, not necessarily the order in which you think they'll exit.

1. NE - They're beatable, but HFA will be huge for them.
2. PIT - Another tough, playoff experienced team in a wide open field.
3. ATL - GB can definitely knock them off, but two home wins gives them the easiest path to the SB.
4. GB - Nobody wants to face this team right now. They can play with anyone, but 3 road wins in the playoffs is a tall order.
5. NO - Not as good as last year, but a potential road of SEA-CHI to get to the NFCC may be the easiest ever for a WC team.
6. BAL - Really liked them before the year, but I haven't seen enough. Should make some noise in the tourney, though.
7. PHI - Most dangerous team in the NFC, but the D is suspect and Vick appears to be fatigued and solved.
8. IND - Only team more beat up than GB. Kudos to Manning for getting them in, but they won't win it.
9. CHI - Sure my bias probably has them lower than I should for a team that could very well only need two home wins to get to the SB, but I can't see the #30 offense hoisting the Lombardi.
10. KC - Probably won't get out of the first round.
11. NYJ - This looks more like a team coming off a 9-7 season than the pre-season champs they were anointed as.
12. SEA - The only thing I see them accomplishing is potential re-seeding of the playoffs.
12. Seattle. New Orleans ROLLS them.
11. Kansas City. Like what they've done for the year, I still don't buy them against very good teams.
10. New York Jets. No offense. Over rated defense. Pretty feet though.
9. Green Bay. You are what you are. They can be great, they can be not so great. I think Philly squeaks one out against them as we see a breakdown in ST by the Packers.
8. Chicago. Philly ROLLS them in the 2nd round after beating the Pack.
7. Baltimore. Offense isn't good enough, defense isn't that great against decent offense's. New England gets payback in divisional round in a big way.
6. Atlanta. Sorry. One and done. New Orleans is not afraid of them, Atlanta is good in every phase, but great in none. New Orleans best them in the divisional round.
5. Indianapolis. Can't ever count out a Peyton led team, but I don't think they can go into Pittsburgh and win.
4. Pittsburgh. New England owns them lately. Don't see that changing in the AFCC.
3. Philadelphia. Interestingly if this game vs NO was in NO, I'd favor Philly, but I like Brees and the Saints vs the Eagles in the NFCC
2. New Orleans. Shades of Green Bay in 31/32. Saints make it back to the Super Bowl but can't quite seal the deal.
1. New England. Sorry. Tom Brady is simply better than everyone else.

Plays out like this.
NFC
Philly over Green Bay
New Orleans over Seattle

New Orleans over Atlanta
Philadelphia over Chicago

New Orleans over Philadelphia

AFC
Baltimore over Kansas City
Indy over New York

Pittsburgh over Indy
New England over Baltimore

New England over Pittsburgh

Super Bowl
New England over New Orleans
12. Seattle
11. KC
10. Jest
9. Indy
8. Baltimore
7. Chicago
6. Philly
5. Green Bay
4. Atlanta
3. Pittsburgh
2. New Orleans
1. New England

Should we get by Philly, I think we win the re-match in Atlanta, and then finally fall in the NFCCG in NOLA.
I think the bye has a HUGE impact so my rankings reflect accordingly. I also tried to think who could be consistent for three to four games. Here they are in tiered form.

12) Seattle

11) Kansas City
10) New York Jets
9) Chicago

8) Green Bay
7) Philadelphia

6) Baltimore
5) Indianapolis

4) New Orleans
3) Atlanta

2) Pittsburgh

1) New England
Sports Illustrated's pre-season Super Bowl pick: Pittsburgh over Green Bay
Sports Illustrated's mid-season Super Bowl pick: New York Jets over Green Bay
Sports Illustrated's pre-playoffs Super Bowl pick: New England over Green Bay

They like us, but they don't really like us.
Last edited by CitizenDan
1. Green Bay Packers Big Grin
2. New England Patriots
3. Pittsburg Steelers
4. Chicago Bears
5. New Orleans Saints
6. Atlanta Falcons
7. Baltimore Ravens
8. Indianapolis Colts
9. Philadelphis Eagles
10. Kansas City Chiefs
11. New York Jets
12. Seattle Seahawks
quote:
Originally posted by CAPackFan95:
9. Green Bay. You are what you are. They can be great, they can be not so great. I think Philly squeaks one out against them as we see a breakdown in ST by the Packers.

Eye Heart Ewe!!! hug

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.