Skip to main content

2012 Playoffs Divisional Round GB @ SF

Weather:
Partly Cloudy, 46 Degrees, Wind 2 mph, Chance of rain 10%

With the Call:
Play-by-play man Joe Buck and color analyst Troy Aikman will have the call from the broadcast booth with Pam Oliver and Erin Andrews reporting from the sidelines.

Packers Pregame Radio Show (starts two hours before the game):
Listen Here

Gamecenter/Rosters:
Gamecenter
Packers Roster
49ers Roster

Captains:

Officials:
                                       Yr. 	Crew
R 	23 	Jerome Boger 	        9 	  	
U 	76 	Darrell Jenkins         11 	Morelli 
HL 	79 	Kent Payne 	        9 	Cheffers
LJ 	84 	Mark Steinkerchner 	19 	McAulay 	
FJ 	3 	Scott Edwards 	        14 	Parry 	
SJ 	78 	Greg Meyer 	        11 	Blakeman 	
BJ 	105 	Dino Paganelli   	7 	Steratore

Inactives:
Green Bay Packers[color]
11 WR Jarrett Boykin
20 RB Alex Green
31 CB Davon House
58 LB Frank Zombo
84 TE D.J. Williams
91 DT Jordan Miller
99 DE Jerel Worthy

[color:red]49ers
3 QB Scott Tolzien
6 K Billy Cundiff
30 S Trenton Robinson
33 RB Jewel Hampton
63 DT Tony Jerod-Eddie
66 G Joe Looney
93 NT Ian Williams

Video:
Packers at 49ers: NFL Films game preview
Packers at 49ers: Final Thoughts
'Playbook': Packers vs. 49ers
'Playbook': Who is picking the Packers?

The McCarren Report: Sam Shields is on a mission
What You Might've Missed: Contain on the brain

Audio:
Madden Talks about the Packers Cadence and Previews the Game
John Madden Talks to Aaron Rodger's Dad
John Madden with Kapernick's Dad

The Shutdown Corner Divisional Round Preview Podcast with Greg Cosell of NFL Films and ESPN's "NFL Matchup"

Packers vs Niners starts 21m45s in. Well worth the listen.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Film study, McCarthy style

quote:

As this season dripped into November and December, a NFC North showdown between Green Bay and Chicago loomed. The Packers were ascending, the Bears were descending. With one knockout punch at Soldier Field, Green Bay had a chance to grasp complete control of the division Dec. 16.

So the night before the game, players said, the Packers watched the "Rumble in the Jungle." The legendary fight between Ali and George Foreman epitomized what McCarthy had been preaching all week. He told the team this game would be "a 12-round fight," wide receiver James Jones recalled. The Packers had "to be willing to take their punches."

"It might not always be pretty," Jones said, "but keep swinging."

They didn't watch a recycled documentary. Players watched the raw, grainy footage of Ali taking Foreman's best shots and then delivering his own. Cornerback Tramon Williams, a die-hard boxing fan, hadn't even seen this copy before. This was authentic, real. Players had a front-row seat.

When Ali dropped Foreman, the room erupted.

The Packers were ready.

I recall the story of Holmgren's motivation to the team before SB31 - in the team meeting he had a large garbage can in front of the room full/overflowing with cash (supposedly winners share), telling the players that is what they get if they win. Sure they all make decent to great salaries, but I remember one player describing the sight of that cash and how that pumped them all up.
quote:
Originally posted by Hungry5:
Film study, McCarthy style

quote:

. Cornerback Tramon Williams, a die-hard boxing fan, hadn't even seen this copy before. This was authentic, real. Players had a front-row seat.

I wonder what movie Tramon watched before the last regular season game with the Vikings?
quote:
Originally posted by ammo:

I wonder what movie Tramon watched before the last regular season game with the Vikings?

Maybe he got a poor performance out of his system.. Rather then than now.
‏@PackerUpdate: Perfect day for football in SF. Clear skies, temps in 40s, and most importantly, very little wind. Packers couldn't have asked for more.

@PackerUpdate: Weather in GB tonite: wind chill in teens and winds up to 15 mph. Call me crazy, but I still think Packers are better off in SF this week.

Can't disagree.

this used to be NFCCG weekend and it was the Packers beating the Carolina Panthers in NFC Championship Game, 30-13, at Lambeau to earn their first Super Bowl trip since 1967 on Jan. 12, 1997. Happened to be my friend's birthday as well and he was at the game with me. All day he kept saying "All I want for my birthday is an NFC Championship!" it was delivered. may it be similar for you today. a shot for every time Acheman seems like a douche? Wink
stopped at the Red Eye Brewery in Wausau WI for the first time last nite.

http://redeyebrewing.com/
really good beer, wide variety. sampled 5 and liked every one I tried. if I remember their chalk board right most beers were in the 5-8% alcohol area. I was quite surprised at my state after only two pints. great food too! highly recommend to anyone in the area.
Last edited by Tdog
I'm going with La Cumbre's Elevated IPA, a 2011 gold medal winner at the GABF.

I was drinking this in Albuquerque when we dropped the double nickel on the Titans. At that point, I declared it was my playoff beer. Picked up a case on my way out of town.
I'll have a couple of Crow Peak 11th Hour IPA

http://www.crowpeakbrewing.com/our_beers.html
11th HOUR IPA: Hop aroma and flavor dominate this IPA. However, the malt character of this deep amber colored ale nicely balances the hop component thus avoiding a harsh bitterness. Pure hoppiness!

Crow Peak Brewing Company began on March 9, 2007. The brewery is located in Spearfish, South Dakota at the foot of the beautiful Black Hills.

We began in a small tap room with a 5 barrel system. Word got out about Crow Peaks great beers starting a dedicated fan base. With the popularity of the beer growing, so did the brewery.

In December of 2009 we opened the doors to our new building and 30 barrel system.

One year later Crow Peak brews can be found on tap and in cans throughout South Dakota. We are proud to distribute the pure hoppiness of the 11th Hour IPA and the Pile of Dirt Porter.

A huge thanks to our employees and customers for their support. We continue to grow because of you.

Cheers!

And a couple of Sam Adams Boston Lager.
I am so incredibly pumped for this game
Even if they lose, with all the injuries they have had, its been an amazing season.
With only a few fee agents and several injured guys owning back and another draft with the incredible Ted Thompson, we have nothing but several more great seasons to look forward too
Go pack!
quote:
Originally posted by kworst:
I am so incredibly pumped for this game
Even if they lose, with all the injuries they have had, its been an amazing season.
With only a few fee agents and several injured guys owning back and another draft with the incredible Ted Thompson, we have nothing but several more great seasons to look forward too
Go pack!

Who are you, and what have you done to kworst?
quote:
Keeping it real and authentic out here in Colorado, a few Pabsts last week, Schlitz this week

Wow ... wondering who kept them in business.

Those are now for brat boiling and barn cleaning ... Smiler

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.