Skip to main content

After downing only a sixer so far today I find myself thinking just how sad I will feel if the Packers lose to the Niners to end their season(I dont want to feel like the Viking fans did last week) cry.hopefully the case I bought for today will be drunk in happiness because I hate the taste of tears in my beer.
Un-scientific poll: for years a MN malting co held an annual golf tournament. Nation's top brewmasters would bring their favorite brews and have loaded barrels of ice off each hole. Which beer always went first with the brewmasters freezing their arms digging for the last ones?

Which brew was always gone second?
‏@MikePereira
All the Super Bowl officials are slated to come out of this weekend's games.

@MaioccoCSN
Hows the field look?
It doesn't look great, but it appears to be in very good shape. It'll be a fast track at Candlestick.
quote:
Originally posted by BILL H:
After downing only a sixer so far today I find myself thinking just how sad I will feel if the Packers lose to the Niners to end their season(I dont want to feel like the Viking fans did last week) cry.hopefully the case I bought for today will be drunk in happiness because I hate the taste of tears in my beer.

You may need to donate your liver to the Packer Hall of Fame.
quote:
Originally posted by FarmDog:
quote:
Originally posted by BILL H:

You may need to donate your liver to the Packer Hall of Fame.

We would need a whole new wing.....
quote:
Originally posted by LarseeBear:
Un-scientific poll: for years a MN malting co held an annual golf tournament. Nation's top brewmasters would bring their favorite brews and have loaded barrels of ice off each hole. Which beer always went first with the brewmasters freezing their arms digging for the last ones?

Which brew was always gone second?

Original Schmidts

And Old Style?

Well, I'll be watching the game at a bar in Eureka with my local Packer buddies. Nothing but IPAs for me. Hope da heck we win. PLEASE!!!!! It's sunny and cool north of San Fran - looking good!
quote:
Originally posted by Esox:
Well, I'll be watching the game at a bar in Eureka with my local Packer buddies. Nothing but IPAs for me. Hope da heck we win. PLEASE!!!!! It's sunny and cool north of San Fran - looking good!

http://www.lostcoast.com/ ?
quote:
Originally posted by Pikes Peak:
quote:

http://www.lostcoast.com/ ?

Been there numerous times Pike - good beer. However, we a bless with several micro brews here. Eel River, Six Rivers and Mad River Breweries I think are better - they have great IPAs and Porters.
quote:
quote:
Gee, when you said Old Still, made me think of Special Export. Mmmmmmmmmm...Those were the days.

Greenies me boy!

We called that green death back in my college days in LaCrosse
quote:
quote:
quote:
Gee, when you said Old Still, made me think of Special Export. Mmmmmmmmmm...Those were the days.

Greenies me boy!

Did ya ever fall in the river?
I grew up halfway between Stevens Point and Wausau. To me, there's only one beer to drink for a Packers game. And it has to be bought in Stevens Point, too, because ya know, tradition is tradition. So I picked up a 12-pack when I went back for my birthday a couple of months ago. I'm ready to hold up my end of the deal; now it's just up to the players.
quote:
Keeping it real and authentic out here in Colorado, a few Pabsts last week, Schlitz this week. I'll flip a coin between Honey Weiss and Point Special the next 2 games.

Drink the honey weiss twice. Point special is the worst beer made by the Point Brewery. Their Amber is quite nice and the 2012 is great if they are still making it now.
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Greenies me boy!

Did ya ever fall in the river?

No, but I sure got kicked out of a lot of bars on 3rd street drinking that stuff.
quote:
quote:
quote:

Greenies me boy!

Exactly what I was about to post! Almost gave you as bad of an ass as Stroh's. Hard to go wrong with 15 packs though!
And of course, along with the beer... years ago, i visited my dad in Green Bay, and we went to the Pro Shop together. And he bought me a T-shirt, which I could have afforded a lot more easily than he could, but it was important to him, so I let him. Just a simple grey shirt with GREEN BAY PACKERS on the front of it. It was the last gift he ever bought me; the next trip I made to Green Bay was for his funeral a couple of months later. There's not as much left of that shirt as there used to be, but whatever's left, that's the only shirt I wear for playoff games.

And cheese curds. Gotta have cheese curds, and they've got to be from Wisconsin. I drove 2 hours yesterday pick up a pound. When I was a little boy, I was watching a game with my grandmother and eating cheese curds, and I remember I was crying because Green Bay was losing (which they didn't do much of back then). She said, "If you eat a cheese curd, the Packers will score a touchdown." I didn't believe her, but I didn't want to take a chance, so I had one, and sure enough - bang. Next play, Dowler gliding down the right sideline like a ghost, and Starr laid it right into his arms 40 yards away. 6 points. I still have a bag of curds next to me for every game.

And my game night meal? When I was a kid, we didn't have an Arby's in Point yet (considered ourselves big-time when we got our first Macdonald's), so when my dad took me to Lambeau for games, we'd always stop at the Arby's at Mason and Military before the game. So now I always have a roast beef and two potato cakes at the start of every game.

Superstitious? Who, me? No way. I just don't believe in messing with what works, and over the last 15 years or so, this has worked 2 out of every 3 times. If I did half as well with my stocks, I'd be posting from my own private island right now.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.