#97 DE Luther Robinson

Pregame Radio Link

Video:

Game Preview

Final Thoughts Raiders vs Packers

Last edited by titmfatied
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Dew points in the 70's at 1265. 87& humidity right now. Going to be a very sticky game.

Queue ____ player down with cramps. Predicting extra jello shots for our boys today.

Likely Raiders will be in the same boat. They aren't used to this Sconnie humidity either.

W2W4: Green Bay Packers

August, 22, 2014
Aug 22
12:00
PM ET
By Rob Demovsky | ESPN.com
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- The Green Bay Packers (1-1) play their first of two home preseason games on Friday against the Oakland Raiders (1-1). It will be nationally televised on CBS.

Here are three things to watch:

1.Rodgers' last tuneup: In the third preseason game last year, coach Mike McCarthy pulled quarterback Aaron Rodgers after one series -- a 10-play drive on which Rodgers completed 4 of 7 passes for 41 yards before Mason Crosby kicked a 38-yard field goal. A year earlier, Rodgers played the entire first half in preseason game No. 3. All McCarthy would say this year is that Rodgers will play more than one series against the Raiders. After sitting out the preseason opener, Rodgers played two series last Saturday at St. Louis and put up 10 points while completing 11 of 13 passes for 128 yards and one touchdown. Rodgers almost certainly won't play in next week's preseason finale against Kansas City so this will be his final tuneup before the season opener at Seattle on Sept. 4.

2. Rookie encores: Perhaps the biggest standouts against the Rams were rookies Jeff Janis and Jayrone Elliott. Janis, a seventh-round pick, caught one pass in his preseason debut, but it was a 34-yard touchdown on which he caught a short crossing route and showed off his 4.42-second 40-yard dash speed to outrun the St. Louis secondary. Meanwhile, Elliott, an undrafted free agent outside linebacker, had three sacks in a four-play stretch. Both earned increased playing time in practice this week and likely will get more opportunities to prove themselves against the Raiders.

3. Ex-Packers return: Two years ago, the Packers cut veteran safety Charles Woodson even after he offered to take a pay cut. This past offseason, they let veteran receiver James Jones walk in free agency. Both ended up with the Raiders. Granted, it's just a preseason game, but it will be interesting to see how much they have left in the tank, especially in Woodson's case. The Packers struggled to replace his playmaking in the back end of their defense last season and were forced to use their first-round pick this year to draft a safety.

I think her music sucks, but I have to hand it to her...she's built a career that's far exceeded my expectations.

Her first hit was "I kissed a girl and I liked it". The whole thing screams one hit wonder...I guess that's why I'm not a tallant scout in the music biz.

Pretty savvy girl...she originally went the Christian Pop route, but that wasn't getting her the level of fame she desired. So she released a song about making out with another girl, and the sheeple ate it up.

This concludes my thoughts on Katy Perry. 

Being broadcast nationally on CBS so might be Nance and dip**** Simms.

EDIT:  From packers.com:

• Friday night’s game will be televised to a national audience on CBS, with play-by-play man Jim Nantz and color analyst Phil Simms handling the call from the broadcast booth and Tracy Wolfson reporting from the sidelines. 
Last edited by ilcuqui

@PFF_MattC: @Michelle_NFL 8 snaps with starting OL for Flynn vs Titans and 0 vs Rams. None for Tolzien in either game. #Packers

Not playing 4 #Packers tonight: CB Hayward, RB Neal, LB Thomas, OT Barclay, WR Abbrederis, TE Bostick, NT Guion. TE Lyerla officially on IR.

Last edited by titmfatied
Originally Posted by titmfatied:

Looks Delicious!

That'd be great on long flights, nap and eat!

Originally Posted by Cavetoad:

I hasta admit.  I don't get it.

Lots of Packer fans?

STL home stadium was empty during the entire game last week. A 1/2 hour before game time, Lambeau is packed.

Before everyone's new favorite X4 whipping boy gets his licks tonight, keep in mind one Allen Babre is not only still on an NFL roster but also started last night for the Eagles at T. 

Game reviews called his performance "better then the last 2 games" but still poor/mediocre.

PAllen Barbre – I thought Barbre did better than he did in the previous two games, but still was not consistent enough blocking.

Read More: Grayson's Grades: Eagles vs. Steelers | http://973espn.com/graysons-gr...s/?trackback=tsmclip
Originally Posted by packerboi:

Before everyone's new favorite X4 whipping boy gets his licks tonight, keep in mind one Allen Babre is not only still on an NFL roster but also started last night for the Eagles at T. 

Game reviews called his performance "better then the last 2 games" but still poor/mediocre.

PAllen Barbre – I thought Barbre did better than he did in the previous two games, but still was not consistent enough blocking.

Read More: Grayson's Grades: Eagles vs. Steelers | http://973espn.com/graysons-gr...s/?trackback=tsmclip

I was thinking the same the other day.  Sounds like it was technique and 'fixable'.  I want him to do well and hope he recovers from a horrid injury, but I am not yet ready to call him a bust. 

Barbie was worse.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.