Audio:

Pre/Post Game Radio Stream

Video:

NFL Films game preview: Packers vs. Jets

Playbook: Packers host Jets in home opener

Final Thoughts: Packers vs. Jets

Packers playmakers aim to be dominant against Jets

Bob McGinn:

Can you stop the run consistently with a 6-footer in Mike Daniels and a 285-pounder in Datone Jones as the base ends, lean inside backers and Mike Neal at times playing down at a much lighter weight?

Mike McCarthy:

You're taking three men, their primary job responsibility, that's not it. It's a rotation. The difference that we want this year, we don't want our interior linemen playing eight, nine plays in a row. Where you're spending this much time running in and off. We want those guys to play more in four- , five-play increments. It's more about the fresh, active player and utilizing their ability. Hey, we're built for third down. That's what we want to get teams to because that will be our strength, and it complements the way our offense plays. This whole change ...it's not really change ...this adjustment on defense is really trying to get the offense and the defense to play more the same way as far as the approach to the game. -jsonline

Last edited by titmfatied
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

No other Sunday Game thread yet and I'm too lazy to start one. 

As I understand it. Alshon Jeffries and Brandon Marshall aren't going this week so Chicago called up a couple guys from the practice squad. 

Am I positively giddy about Jay Cutler ripping his chin strap off 85 times while making wild "out dammit.... its an out route!!!!" hand gestures in SF tonight? Yes I am. 

Last edited by ChilliJon
Originally Posted by PackLandVA:
Originally Posted by ChilliJon:

Cowherd has his own pregame show?!?!?!? When did this happen? Is it being recorded in his basement? I had no idea this show was on but it's reassuring to know its actually worse than I could have imagined. 

You can watch a replay of that crap immediately following on ESPNEws.

My head is still spinning from the 3 minutes I saw this morning. Tom Waddle came on and said SF is ripe for a Bears upset tonight. I think I may have blacked out for a few seconds before finding the remote. 

Packers-Jets inactives

The following players have been declared as inactive for Sunday afternoon’s game between the Green Bay Packers and the New York Jets at Lambeau Field.

Green Bay PackersGreen Bay Packers
16 QB Scott Tolzien
39 CB Demetri Goodson
54 LB Carl Bradford
59 LB Brad Jones
75 T Bryan Bulaga
83 WR Jeff Janis
91 LB Jayrone Elliott

At LB, 57 Jamari Lattimore will start in place of Jones. At RT, 78 Derek Sherrod will start in place of Bulaga.

New York Jets
TBA

Last edited by ilcuqui

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.