Skip to main content

Originally Posted by Randy Moss:

Can someon explain to me how an individual can get away with three quarters of a pound of weed?

Follow the money.  He hasn't got that back yet.  He may not get it back.   That's more valuable to Stark, FL than a drug conviction I would wager.  We'll see, but that's my guess.

Originally Posted by Goalline:
Originally Posted by cuqui:
Originally Posted by Randy Moss:

Can someon explain to me how an individual can get away with three quarters of a pound of weed?

This is exactly it .  We The People need to know.  A one way street for all.

Nickels cost 8 cents to make. So if you can find like a million people to trade you a nickel for 5 pennies you would have close to $500k in additional production value. It would be cool if you could buy groceries with production value. Sorry if this seems like an Al post. 

Guy's just stealing. Even worse than Flynn for past few years.

@adbrandt: Matt Schaub inks one-year deal with @Ravens.  Made $8 million last year with @RAIDERS, will make $3 million this year.

Glad to see this guy is still getting chances:

@DHendrickson41: congratulations @Desbishop55 on going back to 49ers. great opportunity. let's get it!!

Didn't see this posted elsewhere but here's Levy from the Lions deciding to wing walk.

Um, pretty live and let live here but if I'm the kitties no way in hell is a player of that caliber going to be allowed to do something that risky while under contract. Jeebus:

Last edited by packerboi

I'm still holding out for Brandon Spikes.  Barrington might be ok but we know Spikes would be a hammer in the middle, something they've missed since Bishop got hurt.  With Barrington and Spikes on the roster, they could focus on a coverage ILB in the draft.  

Not sure about Spikes, but agree with the mindset. Guys  like Spikes, Barrington, Bishop are good in run support, but weak in coverage. Can have a good defense with that type of ILB, but your contralateral ILB better be able to run/cover. Otherwise you have what the Packers have had the last half decade- a big hole in the middle of your defense that opposing OC's drool over. (And apparently opposing ST coaches ).

Totally agree but at least Spikes is proven in run support, which wasn't exactly a strength of this team last year.  You get Spikes and Barrington, at least you know you're set there.  But yeah, they'd really have to focus on getting a coverage ILB.  I just don't want to go into the draft with only Barrington at ILB.  Kind of paints TT into a corner, knowing he has to come out of the draft with a starting caliber ILB.  

Originally Posted by CUPackFan:

But yeah, they'd really have to focus on getting a coverage ILB.  I just don't want to go into the draft with only Barrington at ILB.  Kind of paints TT into a corner, knowing he has to come out of the draft with a starting caliber ILB.  

He has Barrington, Bradford, Palmer and Matthews so its not the end of the world....

(but you can see it from here) And even Richardson in some packages

I'd also comment that GB ILBs don't get caught in coverage too often, but it does happen. Capers plays with 5 or more DBs on the field 80% of the time and those guys are matched up with the speedy WRs and TEs.

Our ILBs just have to be functional in short coverage and zones. Capers rarely plays cover 2, which means there isn't always safety help over the top- thus the desire to cover with DBs instead of LBs. That's also why Capers uses the 3 safety nickle, choosing Micah Hyde over Hayward because of his tackling/run stopping abilities

When GB went to the "smaller" faster DL over the behemoths, the need for a stout ILB who is strong in run support changed a bit. Spikes fits that bill along with some others in the draft. Perryman and his ilk are a decent fit even with their alleged shortcomings in coverage

Who knows what's in store for the 2015 defense, but I think GB can live with an ILB who is better vs run. Ideally, you have several of each skill set. The other advantage to a Spikes type is that somebody has to line up the defense and call the shifts - that's asking a lot of a rookie in the Capers system

Last edited by Satori
Spikes went to Florida so I'm assuming he has some kind of legal issues to figure out before he signs...murder charge to beat, domestic violence or drug charges to deal with, etc. We will be saying the same thing about Ohio St in a few years.

What I wouldn't give to have a healthy Desmond Bishop. As good as his play in 2011 was (run, pass defense, 5 sacks) his work in the 2010 postseason is often overlooked. Led GB in tackes (damn near doubled up Hawk in total tackles), 2 fumble recoveries, 1 sack, and one shoestring tackle of DeSean Jackson. Desmond was on the verge of Pro Bowl discussion when that hammy tore loose.  

Originally Posted by YATittle:
Where is Greg Jennings going? He said he was going to announce it in Facebook.

What could have been a pretty good stunt (if it happened 4 years ago) ended up being a heavily depressing peek into the soul of someone who probably knows his best years are in the rear view mirror but hasn't come to terms with things just yet. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.