Skip to main content

“Because we don’t have time,” Whitt said. “This is a young group. It would be different if we had guys who have played the position multiple years in college but I have a basketball player who played one year, a baseball player who played another position and then some small-school guys. So we don’t have the luxury of guys who actually have a background in it.

Isnt this Ted saying Joe Whitt is as good as it gets without saying it and Joe understanding the level of trust he's being shown by the best in the business? 

Thats how you draft and develop teams. 

Last edited by ChilliJon
Originally Posted by ChilliJon:
doing a new special teams drill: Punt returners have a ball in one hand while trying to catch a punt w/other. Rollins dropped a few.

Sounds like some manner of bull**** Zook would come up with. I already hate the hire. 

Seconded.  Let's practice something you should never attempt in a game, catching a punt with one hand.  WTF?!?!

What's next, if you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a tackler?

Last edited by BrainDed
Originally Posted by antooo:

Even his signature is a work of art.

San Doggy and I met Ali at Six Flags about 25 years ago. Middle of the day at the park and some guy comes up to us and says"Do you want to meet and get an autograph from Muhammad Ali?". We were and like sure. He was signing muslim pamphlets. His entire body was shaking like a leaf and I was just dumbfounded. He pushed the signed pamphlets towards us. I believe I was able to mumble a thank you at what time he looked up. Other than that he had his head down.

I have never had such an encounter. It would be like someone asking if I would like to meet Paul McCartney and there he is just sitting there in room at Miller Park for no real reason.

Another open OTA practice today. Will post MM comments after. In the meantime, today's big highlight:

@ByRyanWood:  On fourth down in 2-minute offense, Aaron Rodgers finds Jeff Janis open in middle of the end zone. Touchdown.

Janis! 

Another favorite:

@PeteDougherty:  Good 2 minute drill for TE Richard Rodgers with No. 2 offense & Tolzien, catch down seam for big gain, short TD catch several plays later.

Last edited by ilcuqui

JSO recap of MM post-OTA presser:

Green Bay --- Running highlights of Mike McCarthy's Tuesday news conference...

On Damarious Randall getting back... Didn't really study him but it's good to get him into the team stuff and past the individual. This is the same it is every year, the installation part. But it's great to have all those guys out there. Get everybody exposed to everything they need for training camp.

On getting Montgomery up to speed... Just sticking to the format in place. We'll have a plan when he gets back here. Stanford on the quarter schedule.

On Janis' development... Jeff Janis has definitely been moving forward. I thought he definitely came on last year. Still some things fundamentally he needs to work on but any time you get reps with the 1's and Aaron Rodgers, it definitely boosts your confidence. 

On gauging rookies' progress... The mental, the cohesiveness they're able to perform with their teammates. By position, by group. On a personal level, you're teaching them their job responsibility and things they need to do every day. We've had four practices and they're doing a good job. It usually takes a week or two for your team to learn how to practice. This is a CBA practice, not real football yet.

On B.J. Raji... I think B.J. is in a great place. Last year was his best training camp and he's in great shape. Very bright, very in tune. B.J. looks great. 

On watching Lacy's reps now... We're not really pounding this time of year. As far as Eddie's situation, you get as much work as you can. Fine-tune the details. There are changes to the running back position -- technique, footwork -- making sure he's up to speed with that.

On Tolzien's strides... Great strides. Made big changes to his fundamentals, you can see it in his footwork and now he can apply it all to his knowledge. I think Scott's off to an excellent start. It's no surprise. He's definitely done a great job taking to the coaching, techniques and applied to his throwing motion.

On strides Demetri Goodson has made... He jumps out at me on special teams. At corner, he's still learning more on the identification and what the guy on the other side of the line of scrimmage is doing. He's making progress; he's definitely moving forward.

On Peppers... He put a lot of time into this last year. He's a student of the game. He's a true professional in every aspect of our program, whether it's the weight room or classroom.

On Shields speaking up more... Leadership is a huge part of your locker room culture. You can't assign leadership. You emphasize, educate anything you can to help locker room improve. Sam has stepped up and been comfortable taking the initiative to do so.

MM is one of the best 3 coaches in the NFL. 6 straight playoff appearances. Won a SB. But he's not above stepping away from play calling. That couldn't have been easy. It also wipes out everyone's MM tendency charts. Lets see defenses figure this offenses new tendencies out on the fly. Good luck with that. 

Takes a grown ass man that's accomplished just about everything to step back and re-imagine his team. 

Hard to overestimate the effect continuity has had on the Packers the last 9 years as well. 

They'll have to iron out the logistics over the next few months and Rodgers commented on this during a recent interview. Who is upstairs with the eye in the sky, who is reviewing still photos on the sidelines, who is talking into Rodgers helmet ?

I'm guessing Edgar Bennett will be upstairs with Tom Clements on the sidelines

They need to get that play in there as quickly as possible so the MVP has time to make adjustments. GB wants to go fast and have used the 3 WR 1 TE 1 RB set as the main offensive formation - that allows quicker decisions than when the offense is rolling in a new package of players after every play. More creativity, less volume

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.