Skip to main content

Reminder, the boys will be back in town. From packers.com:

Three OTA practices, June minicamp open to public

GREEN BAY — Three of the Packers’ upcoming OTA practices will be open to the public at Clarke Hinkle Field.

The three open practices, weather permitting, will take place on May 28, June 2 and June 10. All practices are scheduled to begin at 11:30 a.m.

The team’s mandatory minicamp, slated for June 16-18, will also be open to the public, weather permitting. The exact schedule for the minicamp practices is yet to be announced.

The Packers also have announced that players will report for training camp on Wednesday, July 29, with the first training camp practice slated for Thursday, July 30.

Originally Posted by Satori:

OTA's are underway in Titletown...

Is this version of the Green & Gold considered Team 95 or Team 96 ?

Team '10

FYI - ....Team 95 isn't a reference to 1995

Packer Teams are numbered from the beginning of the franchise ( 1919 or 1921 or...?) and each one is different. MM tries to come up with a  new mantra for each season, but they all get a sequential number.

I just don't know what year is the official beginning of the best franchise on earth

The Packers 75th anniversary was in 1993.

If my calculation is correct, that would make this year's team (2015) the 97th.

However, that would mean the first team was in 1918, and I don't think that is correct.

Or am I missing something?

@RobDemovsky:  All the ' ACL guys, including WR Jared Abbrederis (below) OL Don Barclay and OLB Andy Mulumba, are working.

@RobDemovsky: Casey Hayward, Nick Perry and Mike Neal are not practicing. Nor is Julius Peppers, who is apparently ill but here.

@RobDemovsky:  Our first look at top pick @, working with CB coach Joe Whitt.

Last edited by ilcuqui

@WesHod:  Practice report...Hayward, Perry, Neal, Boyd watching. Peppers (ill), Montgomery (NFLPA) and Hundley (NFLPA) not here.

@WesHod: Abbrederis, Hyde, Rollins and Cobb fielding punts.

@TyDunne:  Cobb, Abbrederis, Hyde, Rollins on PR. Rollins didn't return at Miami (Ohio) but his position coach said he was best returner on the team.

Last edited by ilcuqui
doing a new special teams drill: Punt returners have a ball in one hand while trying to catch a punt w/other. Rollins dropped a few.

Sounds like some manner of bull**** Zook would come up with. I already hate the hire. 
Last edited by ChilliJon
Originally Posted by Boris:

Wonder how Clay feels about that?

He's happy to show the youngsters how its done...

and to keep the spot warm till they get up to speed

Last edited by Satori

Personally I think they will keep moving him around the formation even if they fill the inside positions.  This is MM, today:

@ByRyanWood:  MM on Clay Matthews: "He's a great pass rusher, and he's going to continue to play as many different positions as we can get out of him."

JSO recap of MM presser, after practice:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/305361621.html

Green Bay --- Highlights from coach Mike McCarthy's Thursday news conference...

On three players back from ACL's... All the guys are in the category of working out, have done really well. Since March, those guys haven't missed a beat. Feel good about the progress those guys are making. No long-term [medical] concerns with anybody on the roster.

On everyone being back... It's been a good two days. This is a fun time of year. Everybody likes to be back. The reality is -- felt good today, felt good yesterday --- but you see film and have to teach team how to practice. Felt good about Phase 2 and the work we were able to get done. Young guys picking it up. And now, we're in the phase of putting it on the field. Mental errors are high. We need to learn how to practice. We have new coaches working different combinations. We spent a whole off-season making improvements throughout our program. We're just starting. It's great to be out there but we have a lot of work to do.

On spending more time with defense and special teams as HC... I enjoy coaching. Coaching is still coaching, regardless of what position. As long as you're around the players, coaching, that's where I want to be. This has been a fun year for me, to be in there with the defense, be in there with the special teams. It's been great.

On Ron Zook's impact... Just like every coordinator, Ron Zook is an accomplished coach. You want your unit to take on your personality, but most importantly buy into fundamentals and techniques. Ron's an excellent teacher, has tremendous energy, when players got back we didn't think there was a lot we needed to change in how we operated and playbook. But there's a lot of little adjustments. We're off to a very good start. We've spent a lot of time on special teams in Phase 2, more than we've done in the past.

On Rodgers in OTA... He loves football. He's in a comfortable place on the football field. The guy loves to compete, a great player, but also a great teacher. He's a big part in how we run our offense. This offense is about making the quarterback successful. A huge part in how we operate on offense. Have had a chance to go through installs, will continue to make tweaks. We have a very good veteran base here, probably the best veteran base for our football team.

On getting everybody here for OTA's... It's a big part of our program, a big part of our success. This is something we've been doing a number of years. My first year, have 80% of people here and would do roll call with the media. The off-season program is very important. The players know how important it is. They know they're going to get better. Our facilities are phenomenal, will put it up against any facility in country. Great organization gives us those resources and the players know that.

On why it could be best veteran base... The experience, the people, the way we operate. Our group interaction, I don't know if it could get any higher. Position groups are together a lot. Not as individualized at this point. We're challenging the older guys to bring the younger guys up. It's finding as many different ways to motivate.

On Clay Matthews at inside linebacker... Clay Matthews is a great pass rusher. He's going to continue to play as many different positions as we can get out of him. We need to utilize him as much as we can. ... Talked to Clay a couple times early in off-season program and meetings he's been through. He's moving around.

On Nick Perry playing through shoulder injury last year... The way people are represented away from work opposed to at work is different. Nick Perry is a tough, physical football player. What he played through last year was significant. That says a lot about him. The guys who practice against him, the guys who are in the locker room with him every day have a lot of respect for him.

Last edited by ilcuqui

Love these comments.

Last edited by H5

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.