Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I didnt get the chance to watch last night but as a Caps fan it sure is tough sometimes to watch them come playoff time.  I have to give it to the Islanders though that is one good hockey team.

I am rooting hard for Nashville but they seem to be in a group of teams that always seems to fold in the playoffs.  Nashville, St. Louis, and Washington. 

And go Rangers!  I have never said that before but when they play the Penguins I will gladly root for them.

The problem with the NHL rule, "goals will be disallowed when the puck has been directed, batted or thrown into the net by an attacking player other than with a stick", they never considered someone using their head to direct the puck into the net. I played Hockey into HS and this was always discussed in the context of using your arm/hand or leg/skate to redirect the puck into the net.

Lol... Hawks still in there. No fork yet. Saturday should be one epic matchup. The winner wins it all I think. Anaheim gets major props for forcing the game 6 elimination game. That game 5 blitzkrieg was impressive. But the Blackhawks have outscored them 8-3 in the last 4 period. They've answered the bell.

Will the Hawks come out sluggish like game 5, or with this be an even skate from puck drop? Team that scores first wins I think...
I really think it was the extra days rest. The last time in Anaheum, the Blackhawks sleep-walked through the first 10 minutes and it cost them. Last night they came out ready. They played as well as we've seen in the first, and the scoreboard read 2-0.

I think it's easy to dismiss this as another routine Blackhawks win, but to understand the magnitude of this win is to understand how well the Ducks were playing. To go into their home ice and administer a relative beat down in an elimination game is significant. The Ducks pounded at the Hawks 4 primary defenseman and all it did was prolong the series. The Lightning do not have the physical forechecking that Anaheim has.

So the Blackhawks are playing gor their 3rd Stanly Cup in 6 years. While this won't put them in the Islanders/Oilers/Canadiens category just yet, it does put them at the head of today's list. They're the Spurs of the NHL. They have been in either the Western Conferebce Finals or the Stanley Cup Finals in 7 straight seasons. That's incredible. And while next year is a little tenuous with some salary cap issues to deal with, they still have Toews, Kane, Keith, and Seabrook, with young future stars in Saad and Teravainen on their way. They're still capable of more...
Teravainen nets one goal and assists on the other... Kid's coming on and he's only 20 years old. Crawford only had 22 saves but a couple of really huge ones on a breakaway and another on what looked like a sure goal.

The biting controversy with Andrew Shaw should be interesting, though. You certainly can't tell in the replay if he did, but if there are teeth marks that may be enough to suspend him.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.