Skip to main content

Bears’ Lamarr Houston says Aaron Rodgers’ championship belt gets on his nerves

rodgersbelt Getty Images

Bears linebacker Lamarr Houston is spicing up the offseason with a little trash talk aimed at Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Asked about Rodgers on ESPN today, Houston acknowledged he’s a good player but said he doesn’t like him as a person and especially doesn’t like his attitude, exemplified by his trademark celebration of pretending to put a championship belt around his waist.

He’s a little arrogant for me. He’s a little too arrogant,” Houston said. “He’s a cheesehead. I’m a Bear. He’s a cheesehead. But I have a lot of respect for his game, I will say that. He’s a great quarterback. As a player, I have a lot of respect for him but the whole championship belt thing kind of gets on my nerves.”

Houston might not be the best one to talk about the way other players celebrate, considering that he once suffered a season-ending knee injury while celebrating a sack late in the fourth quarter of a blowout loss. But Houston has taken shots at Rodgers before, most notably after the Bears beat the Packers on Thanksgiving, when Houston sacked Rodgers during the game and said afterward, “I really don’t like that guy.”

I believe the Bear loss on Thanksgiving was the game the wheels finally came off Clements wagon. GB averaged 6.3 yards / carry in that game. Ran for 177 yards. All on just 28 running plays. 28. 28 effing runs. And 4 of those were AR scrambles. So it's actually only 24 runs. 24. 24!

Now maybe Eddies physical condition played a part in that. But Starks only had 7 carries. And he was averaging 5.6 yards per carry. Eddie averaged 6.2. That game was probably the bottom of the barrel for AR and the passing game as well in 2015. Man did they look lost.  

But that game is a really good example of the coaching staff ****ing their their own team out of what should have been a fairly easy win by ditching the running game trying to force feed something that was clearly broken. Not MM's best moment. 

antooo posted:

That video put a smile on my face, but now I'm sad thinking how much we've missed not having Nick Collins in Green and Gold for the last four seasons.

Ted Thompson thinks about it every day. However, "Haha" has eased the pain a little.

Two thoughts:

1. Jay walks off the field the exact same way after all 387 INTs. He pulls the chin straps off and then does that weird right shoulder jerk/tick thing. 

2. Are we sure there aren't more? Seems like there are another 50 or so missing in the video. 

ChilliJon posted:

Two thoughts:

1. Jay walks off the field the exact same way after all 387 INTs. He pulls the chin straps off and then does that weird right shoulder jerk/tick thing. 

2. Are we sure there aren't more? Seems like there are another 50 or so missing in the video. 

The ones he's thrown against the Vikings are a  wash so they don't count! 

There was a bit last month about how the Bears were trying to bulk him up and he was absouletly sick of eating all the time, he basically had to eat every couple of hours.  

Last edited by Herschel
Herschel posted:

There was a bit last month about how the Bears were trying to bulk him up and he was absouletly sick of eating all the time, he basically had to eat every couple of hours.  

Ya, nothing unnatural about that.  Should work out just fine.

Hungry5 posted:

Bennett brothers

Jay Cutler

Michael: "Worst quarterback in the NFL."
Martellus: "I'd be open and he'd throw into double coverage."

Martellus: "Eli? He's cool. He's like a normal white guy you see at the park trying to teach his kids how to play soccer and you know he can't really play soccer himself."

Breaking news..

TBSS:

Things are getting a little testy at Chicago Bears Training Camp with repeated fights.... Jay Cutler called his team "dumb". He may have a point... - Radio Joe

Jay Cutler calls the Bears 'a dumb team' after repeated training camp fights

The Bears are dumb. Not because of their coaching staff or their collective football IQ. They're dumb because of their tendency to fight during training camp.

That's not coming from me. That's coming from the Bears' own quarterback, Jay Cutler.

"Now we're getting to the point where we're just kind of being a dumb team," Cutler said, per CBS Chicago. "So we've got to find that fine line of when we're being tough and when we're being dumb. I think we're right there on that edge, so now we kind have to start dialing it back and getting ready for games."

According to CBS Chicago, offensive lineman Ted Larsen has been involved in four fights this offseason. At Solider Field during Bears Family Fest on Saturday, the offense and defense were involved in an ugly altercation that looked like this, as CBS Chicago's Chris Emma reported:

Bears offensive lineman Ted Larsen grabbed linebacker Lamin Barrow and threw him down. Dozens of players in navy or white jerseys jumped into the scrums. Kyle Long even sprinted from the opposite side of the field to dive into the pile.

Don't over estimate the intelligence of these other rubes. That Kyle Long decided to run a full sprint and stage dive into a pile of his team mates to get into the fight is some special kind of stupid.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.