Skip to main content

The Bears debut of WR Kevin White has not gone well this pre-season thus far.

On the other side of the field, Kevin White is lining up in the NFL after missing his entire rookie season with a leg injury/ surgery, but is also back full speed this season. So, from an experience standpoint, he's a rookie all over again.

On Saturday, he wasn't a factor, and on a couple of occasions, was out of place when Cutler was looking to him.

Cutler after the game:

"There's going to be growing pains. That's just kind of how it is. Missed his rookie year, not playing a ton of college football, and then throwing him out there. There's going to be some growing pains with that. That's just how it is. We're working with him and he's doing everything he possibly can to work through it and be where he's supposed to be and he understood it. I talked to him on the sideline and just told him 'This is going to happen, and now you know and now it can't happen again. We can't have repeat mistakes.'.

We will see how White responds to Cutler's feedback, but you have to wonder how that came across when it was delivered. Cutler is pretty black and white, and doesn't sugar coat things when he speaks.

Also, back up Bears QB Collin Shaw suffered a horrible leg injury so bad replay could not show it today. Reported open both lower leg fracture. Ouch.

Last edited by packerboi

http://www.profootballweekly.c...-knee-issue/au45yq2/

Pro Football Weekly chimes in with their comments on Bears OLB Pernell McPhee, a former Raven

"We are now hearing there may be internal debates at Halas Hall among the coaching staff and front office as to whether or not McPhee should begin the regular season on the PUP list, meaning he would miss a minimum of the first six games this season

And it gets worse. We are also hearing from multiple sources that McPhee may have been damaged goods from Day One and sources close to the Ravens tell us that Baltimore would never have let him out of town if they didn’t have serious concerns over whether or not the knee would ever allow McPhee to be a full-time starter and contributor. The Ravens expected what the Bears are now experiencing. "

It's early to call this kid a bust, but um, he had a quiet camp. And now hurt, again.

Bears WR Kevin White injures hamstring, limited at practice

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- The Chicago Bears added receiver Kevin White to Thursday’s injury report with a hamstring injury that caused him to be limited at practice.

As expected, coach John Fox danced around White’s condition a mere three days from Sunday’s regular-season opener at Reliant Stadium.

"Not being a surgeon or a doctor, they just tell me hamstring and that's what I report to you guys," Fox said.

Minor or not, White cannot afford a setback. After surgery to repair a stress fracture wiped out his entire rookie season, White stayed healthy in the preseason, but did not make an impact in exhibition games until the finale at Cleveland. Though the rest of Chicago’s starters were given the night off, White led the team with four receptions for 57 yards.

But for White, every rep counts, especially during the week of his NFL regular-season debut.

"We’re going to put him in positions to succeed," quarterback Jay Cutler said. "We’re not just going to throw him out there and hope for the best. We know what Kevin can do well. We’re going to try and put him in those positions where he can do well."

Bores are a banged up bunch:

Report: Bears putting Kyle Fuller on IR

CHICAGO, IL - NOVEMBER 01: Kyle Fuller #23 of the Chicago Bears carries the football ahead of Stefon Diggs #14 of the Minnesota Vikings after making an interception in the second quarter at Soldier Field on November 1, 2015 in Chicago, Illinois. (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images) Getty Images

The injury hits keep on coming for the Bears.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that cornerback Kyle Fuller is headed to injured reserve. Fuller has not played in the first three weeks of the season after having his knee scoped in August and will now miss at least the next eight games while on I.R.

The Bears already have cornerback Brandon Boykin and linebacker Lamarr Houston on injured reserve while defensive tackle Eddie Goldman, linebacker Danny Trevathan and cornerback Bryce Callahan missed Monday night’s game with injuries. Linebacker Pernell McPhee is on the PUP list and not eligible to join the team at practice or in games until after Week Six.

On the offensive side, quarterback Jay Cutler and running back Jeremy Langford are both injured while projected center Hroniss Grasu went on injured reserve before the season started.

Getting harder and harder not to call this kid a bust:

Bears WR Kevin White suffered a severe high ankle sprain that resulted in a fractured fibula in his left leg. White is going on injured reserve and may have to undergo surgery.

The 2010 season forever desensitized me to injuries.
It's like I want to feel sorry for a team when they get wrecked by injury, but I just can't. In the case of the Bears, they're the Bears, and I could never feel sorry for them no matter the case, so they're screwed either way.

that's only because the bears have been irrelevant for so long.  your inner bear hatred is still there in all its glory should it ever be needed again.  I don't feel sorry for them but I'm ready to despise them full force again should the occasion arise.

I respected guys like Matt Forte, Urlacher, Briggs, Hester, and Tillman more than most of the players that have been the Vikings stars over the last 15-20 years or so (AP, Randy Moss, John Randle, the Williams DTs, etc.). A Bears fan could be proud of the way those guys carried themselves off the field (and the way they played on it) relative to AP and their like.

Obviously, the underlying difference with Bears, Vikings, and Lions relative to the Packers is 25 consecutive years of Hall of Fame level play (or at least some of Favre's years in the 2000s HOF-level talent). It's interesting to think that other than the Favre years in Minnesota that Sam Bradford might be the best pure QB any other NFC North team has had in the last 25 years.

The Bears are probably better off just tanking the rest of the year to try to get DeShaun Watson.

Tdog posted:

that's only because the bears have been irrelevant for so long.  your inner bear hatred is still there in all its glory should it ever be needed again.  I don't feel sorry for them but I'm ready to despise them full force again should the occasion arise.

If you need to get riled up about the Bears people should look for clips of the Bears running up the 61-7 score in 1980 when they figured out the Packer's signs, the play where Walter Payton pulled Mark Lee over the bench by his facemask and the referees ejected Mark Lee, any picture of Mike Ditka on the Bears sideline, or either of the plays where Eddie Lee Ivery ripped up his knees at the atrocious turf they had at Soldier Field.

Nobody under 40 really remembers when the Packers were pretty much b!tch slapped for about 15 years in a row by the Bears. I'll still retain the Bear hatred for decades to come.

I have respect for the Bears as a franchise. They're a historically accomplished franchise like GB, Pittsburgh, Dallas, San Fran, etc. They at least have something to brag about.  The Vikings and Lions have accomplished nothing historically and both franchises are unbearable when their team has even a sliver of success. They're pretty pathetic, especially the Vikings since they are still goose egg in the championships department, SB or otherwise. Even the Lions have 4 pre-SB championships, the Vikings have nada.

The Vikings are like a relative that is historically bad at keeping a job and becomes an a**hole whenever they get a new job and start making some money...history says they will soon be fired and be unemployed for a while. The Bears are the relative who was once good at something, maybe they peaked in the 80's, but have been really down on their luck for a while. The Lions are the relative who you feel like they are smart enough and they got good grades in high school, but for whatever reason they have never been able to get it together and be successful at all. And you, the Packers, are the boring one who went through a rough patch when they were young, but have been successful and consistent for a long time. 

Last edited by Grave Digger

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.