Skip to main content

Originally Posted by Trophies:

Might be able to comfortably trade Tolzien.

I can't see that. The Eagles began playing waiver fodder before the youngsters started to excel. It wouldn't be that way in a regular season game. The Packers haven't had an experienced backup to AR that could also push the ball 25+ yards down the field against tight coverage. Tolzien would be the first.

Originally Posted by Herschel:

Originally Posted by Trophies:
Originally Posted by slowmo:

Originally Posted by Orlando Wolf:
Blanchard will start Thursday. That will show more.

No, Tolzien starts and plays into 3rd quarter.  Hundley and Blanchard finish up.

Might be able to comfortably trade Tolzien.

Does your job have random drug testing?

No.
Originally Posted by BartManDude:
Originally Posted by Cavetoad:
Originally Posted by BartManDude:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RealRapSheet  15m15 minutes ago
#Packers WR Randall Cobb expected to miss 6-8 weeks. Look for them to sign a Veteran WR this week.

That might be BS, was retracted by the poster I got it from

FU Bartman!

Don't do that to me!

Originally Posted by BrainDed:

Watch Walker on the 50 harder to Monty.  Slides over and pancakes a guy in pass pro.  Reminiscent of Linsley's pancake last season.

Yeah. Josh Walker looked incredible on that big play, but gave up on Fletcher Cox 3 plays later killing the drive with a missed block on a Lacy run.  That was one hell of a block though on the Monty pass. Aside from the INT, where Barclay allowed the QB hit to Hundley, he seemed to block well.

"Sam Barrington was getting worked over in the passing game." - Rich Gannon. That was ugly.

Next series, Vujnovich was getting rag dolled when Walker switched outside to RT. Barclay struggled with giving up a couple pressures. Hundley, to his credit keeps amazing poise.

Short yardage they lined up Barclay, Taylor, Linsley, Tretter and Walker. Tretter, in for Vujnovich at RG, actually looked really good. Tretter and Walker paved the way for the Starks score, making it 25-7.

After that they subbed Gerhart for Tretter at RG shifting Tretter to Center. This group ran hot and cold, mostly cold. Josh Walker left Fletcher Cox untouched coming off the edge, giving up a hurry and killing the drive. Again, finishing out the 1st half, two minute drill, Hundley shows great poise. Awesome catch & run on the Neal TD. Toby Gerhart had a stellar lead block on that TD paving the way.

Our #1 D sucked big time, but Burnett and Clinton-Dix hung tough. Nick Perry could get no pressure. Barrington was getting his jock stolen v. the run. Makes a good play, then misses badly. Tough to figure him out. Palmer has no business being out there with the club.
Last edited by Trophies
Someone mentioned last night that Kelly wanted this game for last years regular season whooping, I agree. He, like many, have bought into the idea that the 3rd preseason game means more than the others. It may have at one time but I don't think McCarthy looks at it like that. When you have an established 22, you need these games to evaluate substitutions/communications, 2nd/3rd stringers, STs, and sub packages.

The Boot will be in the ST meetings/practices this week.
Last edited by H5

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.