Skip to main content

I know it's just vs Steaua Bucharest, but City are looking very, very good. In the past, we've played garbage teams like this to a draw...and if Aguero could hit a PK, this game would be 5-0 right now.

Pep has already shown his genius turning Kolarov from an aged garbage FB to a very serviceable CB, and he's already boosted Raheem Sterling's confidence big time. Long season, but very promising.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yeah Atleti is prob 2nd best team in the CL.

I KNEW Celtic was going to be a MFer...B-Rodg is a very good coach...he had them breathing fire. Of course, their first goal was offside and no call...and then their other two goals were pretty damn lucky as well...Sterling deflect OG  on one, and CB standing around watching on the 3rd.

I am happy with the draw...chances were slim we win the group anyway...but I said the same thing last year after we STB vs. Juve.

Spurs concerns me more than this one did. We will sorely miss KDB...and we will have no Nolito. Nacho is likely going to get the start.

Goalline posted:

Pulled out a draw.

I see Bayern lost to Atletico. Hardly a damaging result. Atletico is good.

Didn't get to see it.  Fox shunted it to a higher-tier channel so they could punish us with the EPL teams/BarΓ§a crap again.  Every single f*cking matchday between FS1/FS2/the local Fox Sports channel, it's the four EPL teams plus Real Madrid and BarΓ§a.

Kolarov was an absolute $hit show at center half...he'd played solidly there all season, but just was out of his depth. Should have started John Stones. Then they bring Stones in for Clichy and Pep throws another curve ball and has Stones playing a quasi-LB spot! Defense got better once that happened, but it was not a good experimental roster.

KDB hurt more than anything...all season he's been a calming force in the middle, and precision passer. We missed his passing big time.

Sterling regressed a bit...got dispossessed way too often...would go down and stand there in amazement there was no call.

Gundogan has been a no-show so far...I am still hoping he's just getting back into form and fitness. 

Spurs worries the piss out of me on the road...injuries or not.

But, I am not complaining. What Pep has accomplished in the first 11 games has been beyond my wildest dreams. It was actually good for them to have a performance like this...it gives him a reason to yell at them.

We roughed them up pretty good...Pique is out for a while as is Jordi Alba...they likely will be out for the rematch...which should even it out (LOL) since dumbfukk Claudio Bravo got a red card for touching the ball outside the box...which means we will have Willy C doing the honors. And if Zabaleta and Kolarov Kocktail are lined up at FB again, 4-0 might look like a draw when they are done with us.

The Barca excuse machine in full effect "That match meant more to City, it was do or die for them."

"Pique and Iniesta were out."

#1...Barca wanted it because had they won, they clinched the #1 seed.

#2...City had plenty of injuries...Kompany and Sagna were out. De Bruyne and Aguero were both about 80%. As if any team with Neymar, Messi and Suarez up front is "diminished."

Whatever...just glad we don't see those fools again for a while. Goddamn Catalan Dive Monkeys!

Sorry about Spurs vs Liverwurst GL...not sure what  Pochetino's tactics were there...didn't seem like it was a lineup built for scoring.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.