Skip to main content

GBFanForLife posted:

Coughlin finishes his Giants career with a 102-90 record. Remarkably, 10 of his 12 seasons ended without a playoff win and six of the last seven concluded without a trip to the playoffs. But when people look back on Coughlinโ€™s time with the Giants, theyโ€™ll mostly remember 2007 and 2011, because both seasons ended with a Super Bowl title.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/...coach-192047854.html

One could only imagine posts of some of our Timesfour particpants if they had been  Giants fans, posting on a Giants fan board, during Coughlin's tenure.

Last edited by slowmo
Fandame posted:

It leads to the age-old question: Which would you rather have: playoffs every year and not make it to the big game or a decade of only winning the big game once or twice?

I'd rather make it to the playoffs with a chance every year vs trying to go all in once every 7-8 years.

But, if the options are: 2 titles and no other playoff appearnces in those 10 years or playoffs 8-9 of those years and no title, I'm taking the titles every time.

But, to my first sentence, I would rather have a team in the hunt every year and hope for that title vs being a favorite in the hunt once or twice every 10 years.  

York is a friggin tool. He's trying to appease the fans by saying "Money is no object." & "We want to win Super Bowls." 

Supposedly by "paying off" Jimmy T, he's proving money doesn't matter.

Tomsula is a good guy but was always hired as a scapegoat. I said from day 1 that guy was no more ready to be HC than me or you are.

I hope they hire Chip Kelly

Last edited by Boris
Boris posted:

York is a friggin tool. He's trying to appease the fans by saying "Money is no object." & "We want to win Super Bowls." 

Supposedly by "paying off" Jimmy T, he's proving money doesn't matter.

Tomsula is a good guy but was always hired as a scapegoat. I said from day 1 that guy was no more ready to be HC than me or you are.

I hope they hire Chip Kelly

Apparently the 49er's GM is aiming real low for expectations of the next hire (by Timesfour standards).  His quote after firing Tomsula:

"But I also understand the gravity of the situation and understand exactly what this fan base looks for and what this ownership looks for. Itโ€™s the San Francisco 49erstโ€™s about being in a position to compete for championships. Youโ€™re not going to win it every year. Thatโ€™s unrealistic to think that. But to put yourself in a position to is really the ultimate goal and thatโ€™s what weโ€™re striving to do.โ€

49ers stadium was 3/4 full for the second half of 2015. Just a **** team with a **** owner with a **** fan base. 

Remember when Baalke was the GM golden boy? That guys drafts have been pure garbage. 

The best player selected on Trents "watch" was Bowman in 2010. I say "watch" because Trent took over in March 2010. Bowman's draft grade was in large part to Scot McCloughan. The best pure talent Trent Pick was Aldon Smith. Ooooops. 

Other than that the guy has crapped the draft bed in a magnificent way. Yet he still has a job. 

PackLandVA posted:

Maybe it's the other way around. Realize there was a mistake in the hiring and cut your losses sooner than later. The problem is not the firings, it that they consistently hire the wrong person.

Carolina handled it best. They were so bad during Ron Rivera's first 2 years. Look at them now. Tom Coughlin was also less than great early in his stead with the Giants. The players hated him. Once he got his system in place...SUPERBOWLS.

All these firings are an indictment of the terrible Tampa ownership. They are making the same mistakes in Europe with Manchester United. They don't give their coaches enough time to succeed. If it takes three or four years to develop a system, by resetting every 2 years they are guaranteeing failure.

A 4 game improvement should be enough to save your job. The Glazers are completely CLUELESS.

Last edited by Goalline

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.