Skip to main content

Heard from a reliable source within the HOF that Green Bay will be one of the teams playing in the HOF Game this year.  This is, of course, in anticipation of Favre being one of the enshrinees this year.

The only way Green Bay would not be playing in the game is if they decline (and I'm not even sure that's an option).

Make your plans to get to Canton in early August.  I have a feeling that game tickets will go quickly. 

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Don't feel like starting a new thread on the 2016 PFHoF class, but they'll be announced this evening at 9:00 PM EST.

The voters' meeting just concluded. From one of them:

@RickGosselinDMN: The longest discussion of the HOF meeting was Eddie DeBartolo Jr. at 50 minutes, 33 seconds. The shortest? Brett Favre at six seconds.

@RickGosselinDMN: Other lengthy discussions at HOF meeting: Terrell Owens 43:12, Kevin Greene 27:28, Kurt Warner 27:14, Orlando Pace 26:45 & Tony Dungy 25:57.

@RickGosselinDMN: The longest presentations for candidates at HOF meeting were Orlando Pace at 12:06, Ken Stabler at 9:34 & Eddie DeBartolo at 8:51.

Last edited by ilcuqui

From a personal point of view, I'd like to see Kurt Warner get in at some point.  I can see why he's not as obvious as Brett, but Warner is a guy who went to 2 awful franchises, and was a major reason why each franchise got to the Super Bowl after he took the reins as QB.  

He had a rough patch in the middle of his career, but the beginning and ends to his career were so spectacular, he deserves entrance.   That guy was one of the best rags to riches stories the NFL has ever had, and he's a great representative of the NFL.  Find a way to get him in next year.

@WesHod: The @ProFootballHOF announces the #Packers will play the #Colts in the NFL Hall of Fame game on Aug. 7.

@ByRyanWood: Colts have Tony Dungy and Marvin Harrison in 2016 HOF class, #Packers have you-know-who.

@RobDemovsky: With the Packers in the Hall of Fame game on Aug. 7, that means training camp 2016 will likely open on July 24. Ugh that's early.

@mikespofford: Strange but true: 2 of 4 times #Packers in HOF Game, thunderstorms have won. Let's hope for better weather this Aug.

Last edited by ilcuqui
cuqui posted:

@WesHod: The @ProFootballHOF announces the #Packers will play the #Colts in the NFL Hall of Fame game on Aug. 7.

@ByRyanWood: Colts have Tony Dungy and Marvin Harrison in 2016 HOF class, #Packers have you-know-who.

@RobDemovsky: With the Packers in the Hall of Fame game on Aug. 7, that means training camp 2016 will likely open on July 24. Ugh that's early.

@mikespofford: Strange but true: 2 of 4 times #Packers in HOF Game, thunderstorms have won. Let's hope for better weather this Aug.

I was at the last hall of fame game the Packers played in.  One bolt of lightning came down and it rained like it was the Amazon rain forest.  It came down in buckets.  The ref just said something to the effect "the game has been suspended" and no other word came out if it was just delayed or postponed.  It was weird.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.