Skip to main content

Giving up a boatload of picks to draft a guy who has never thrown a pass against a defensive player with NFL level talent (assuming it is Wentz) is highly questionable.

Giving a guy with multiple ACL reconstructions 22 million guaranteed over 2 years (up to 35 million total) is highly questionable.

Doing both and investing that much in the QB position (as well as 7 million to Chase Daniel) is beyond idiotic.

The Eagles have 3 starters on the OL that are over 30. Jason Peters is their starting LT and he's 34. Allen Barbre of all people starts on their line. Their WRs/TEs are J. Matthews, Maehl, Celek, and Ertz.

So the Eagles have an OL they have to replenish and WRs that make the 2015 Packer WR look great. They gave up 5 premium picks and about 30 million dollars to Bradford and Daniel in the last two months.

They will have either an immobile statue starting at QB or a young guy whose experience is limited to a spread formation offense D2 offense with little experience reading defenses. Even if these guys end up good, who are they going to throw to? Who is going to play on the OL? They gave away what could be a top 3 pick in next year's draft when DeShaun Watson will be available.

This is whole nother level stupid.

"For f**k sake's can someone please tell me who I'm going to be working with?!?!?! It's not a hard question people! And it damned well better not be a three man deal with Jaworski. He's an idiot. I swear to God I better get some answers or I'll go back to coaching. I WILL GO BACK TO COACHING!!!" - Jon Gruden yelling at no one in particular in the ESPN cafeteria. 

Last edited by ChilliJon

Oh.

Look who's still an ass-hole:

Report: Unnamed Dolphins “privately steamed” that Ndamukong Suh’s not there

Miami Dolphins v Carolina Panthers Getty Images

Dolphins coach Adam Gase hasn’t been on the job long, and he’s already faced with the prospect of putting out fires.

In addition to safety Reshad Jones staying away from today’s voluntary minicamp because he wants a new contract, veteran defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh wasn’t on hand.

That’s not necessarily new, Suh has always been an occasional participant, whether in Detroit or Miami. But according to Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald, “Teammates are privately steamed about the league’s highest-paid defensive player again doing what he wants.”

The Ref fka Blair Kiel posted:

Top two all-time  along with The Great Escape.

There is no third.

We'll maybe some obscure German art film that Fedya recommends, but that's it.

Love me some "Great Escape."   But you must include Gregory Peck and Dean Jagger (Mick's Dad) in "12 o'clock High" imho.   Of course, Dad was in the 8th air force bombing deep into Germany, so that taps into the hell that he endured.  71% of all those crew members died before reaching the magic 30 mission number to go home ("Memphis Belle" was the first to do so ... and it was very rare).   Dad's crew got hit on their 20th mission and had to  crash land in neutral Sweden.  Co-pilot broke his back in the landing and died the next day.   Sweden kept them there until the cessation of hostilities (thankfully only about 6 months.)  Poor Mom only knew he was MIA for quite a while!

Other great WWII movies, "Run Silent, Run Deep" and "Das Boot".  Also "The Longest Day" and the one about Rommel ("Desert Rat"????)

Speaking of art films there's a good one that's French with subtitles about a French resistance guy who escapes his German prisoners and it's based on a true story.  "Prisoner Escaped" is what TCM called it--I'd guess that's a rough translation of its French title.   The best way to watch it is while eating french toast!  ;-)

bvan posted:

Michael Philip (Mick) Jagger was born into a middle-class family in Dartford, Kent.[8] His father, Basil Fanshawe "Joe" Jagger (13 April 1913 â€“ 11 November 2006), and grandfather, David Ernest Jagger, were both teachers.

Why, did he die? By the end of this week there will be no musicians left who performed a hit record before 1990.

Overthecap has posted early projections for 2017 compensatory picks.  Currently the Packers get a 6th for losing Heyward.  Nothing for Tolzien.  But Tolzien is the first player cancelled out because of the 32 pick limit, so if another team makes a signing between now and the cutoff date the Packers still could get a seventh round pick for losing him.

BrainDed posted:

He was out of position in those games.  Anyone who watched him throughout his career knew he excelled in the slot but struggled outside.  That is anyone besides our coaching staff who went against common knowledge to avoid playing one of our THREE talented reserves to start the season.  (Guntner, Rollins and Randall)

Great point. You are absolutely correct. As MIJoe pointed out though, they made the adjustment soon after.

Last edited by Goalline

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.