Skip to main content

I rarely jump on released players since I know TT won't sign them........but TT needs to take a look at Knighton.  He was damn good in Denver but his weight was an issue in long term contract discussions.  This team has 2 DL with NFL experience going into game 1 and that's just not going to cut it.  And Clark has a back issue and Lowry and Ringo just don't look ready to contribute yet.  Knighton would be perfect as a run stuffing NT on early downs.  Really hope TT looks at him (not that we'll ever really know unless he's signed).  

I wonder which side just caved:

Chargers sign Joey Bosa to four-year contract

Print

The contract dispute in San Diego with the No. 3 overall pick has come to an end.

The Chargers have announced they have signed Joey Bosa to a four-year contract.

Around the NFL will have more on this developing story.

Rodney Harrison not holding back:

For the Chargers, the stain may not wipe away quite so easily. Like the jersey on the mannequin in Cleveland with the names of all the starting quarterbacks since 1999, Bosa becomes the next name on a list of Chargers holdouts that dates back at least 15 years.

So why is it happening? Former Chargers safety Rodney Harrison addressed the topic earlier in the day on PFT Live on NBC Sports Radio and NBCSN.

“The San Diego Chargers are a bunch of bullies,” Harrison said. “If you look at the way they’ve handled business, why is it the San Diego Chargers out of all the teams have this issue? Because they are a bunch of bullies, and they haven’t treated their star players correctly. You look at junior Seau and what they did to him. Look at how they treated me. Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers held out, Quentin Jammer, LaDainian Tomlinson. I know he came out and he was outspoken about the holdout but — guess what? — he held out, too. So when I look at the San Diego Chargers, I’d say this is why they’re an average organization, because of things like this. How can you draft a guy at the position that you drafted him in and not have him in camp?

The Ref fka Blair Kiel posted:

If I was Bosa, I'd stay sitting when they play the Charger fight song.

If you were Bosa, you'd be kvetching about the tax hit yer taking on the $17 million signing bonus.  

Ironically enough, that's how much the Packers paid the Greatest Defensive Lineman in the history of the game. 4 years / $17 million

This punk gets that amount for signing a piece of paper

#perspective

I hope I'm wrong, but I think it's a mistake. I think the Packers are more likely to lose a game due to a snapper/holder problem than a bad punt.

You have to think Crosby was comfortable with Masthay as a holder. He's gone 84-98 on FGs in the last 3 regular seasons and Crosby is one of the best clutch kickers in NFL playoff history - 23 for 25 on FG and 49 for 49 on XPs. 

If you were going to do this, you'd think you'd want all training camp to let Crosby get familiar with the holder (like Mortell would have had the benefit of). 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.