Skip to main content

Floridarob posted:

I wonder if Greg Jennings asks the Packers if he can sign a one day contract and then retired a Packer. 

I hope they sign him to a one day contract just so they can cut his ass 

Last edited by YooperPackfan

It's an ankle injury for Bryan Bulaga, who did not return to practice. At least for his sake it's not another knee injury. Also, Jayrone Elliott (back spasms) dropped out again. So did Derrick Mathews (concussion).

Rob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer

Yeah, I'd prefer to see Murphy than Spriggs but they need to find out if Spriggs offers anything at all.  I'd give the guy another year or even two but nothing sounds good about this guy.  

Bryan Bulaga said he's "not too concerned" about his injured right ankle. He's still waiting for MRI results but X-rays showed no issues and he's optimistic for the Sept. 10 opener.

Rob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer

Sounds like good news, but the OL remains a disaster waiting to happen with an injury.  Murphy is developing nicely but Spriggs is a cause for concern and hopefully it's largely a confidence issue.

take it for the grain of salt it is, but I saw Spriggs talking on the local news last nite and confidence is not the impression I got from his demeanor.

step it up man!!  be the man!!

Last edited by Tdog

I'm all for developing the young guys, but would rather not have Rodgers in the game while Spriggs is playing. Especially against Denver.  Let Callahan be sacrificial lamb... he will be cut anyway. 

With the Packers medical staff, and MM and Co. I'm sure wanting to make sure this isn't a lingering issue with Bulaga, I'm not holding my breath either that he's going to be ready for week 1.

Which means Kyle Murphy better get up to speed in a hurry.

packerboi posted:

I guess he means that if surgery is in the conversation it means it's not minor, but I would say the fact that it doesn't need surgery means it isn't major. Sprained ankles aren't nothing, but it's better than surgically repaired ankle...

That's the concern right there. High ankle sprains are problematic. 

Funny thing about young guys like Murphy and Spriggs. Sometimes everything changes when you go from depth/insurance chip to the guy everyone needs to do his job. 

Bakhtiari was a holding machine as a backup. He looked light on athleticism and low on ceiling. Then he had to take over at LT and everything changed. Could say the same thing for Linsley and Tretter. 

Yes, the counter argument is Newhouse and Barclay. 

If there's any silver lining here. We're about to find out what Murphy or Spriggs really bring to the table. I'll take a little trial by fire to see if either can hold their water. 

Last edited by ChilliJon

It seems Murphy and Spriggs have essentially changed positions or roles.
It was Murphy who looked timid, lost, and overwhelmed last year, but has looked like he's the one most ready to step in this year.
Apparently, Spriggs has stolen Jobu's rum....

Disagree they "don't need him."

Edelman & the TE's in New England open up the outside for Cooks.

If Edelman is done, things just got tougher for the Pats.

Instead of clinching the division on Halloween, now it might take until Thanksgiving. 

Remember, the Jets & Bills are trying to tank the season so they can have the #1 overall pick in 2018. Oh, and Miami has Jay Cutler. 

Real tough sledding in the AFC LEAST.

Disagree they "don't need him."

Edelman & the TE's in New England open up the outside for Cooks.

You're thinking binary, like TE's + edleman + cooks - edleman = less.  When really you should be thinking like the Pats.  They'll be redesigning **** that will be better than the former ****.  And probably dig up another quick white guy from under someone's scrap heap.

Last edited by DH13
packerboi posted:

Do it Ted!

They could just scoop up whatever WR's we try stashing on the PS.  Problem is MIN will probably beat them to it since they sucked more than NE last year.

Rodney then doubled down:

Michael Rodney@packernotes. Could happen. I don't see McCaffrey doing much in Green Bay, but he could find success In a more creative offense like New England's.

He's turning into a bitter Bayless. 

They already hAve that guy. His name is Danny Amendola. They also have Chris Hogan on the outside. I understand exactly how the Patriots work. 

If you read my post fully, I was being facetious. (E.G winning the division by Thanksgiving instead of Halloween)

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.