Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Options at #9

Callis and Mayo mock

9. Brewers
Mayo: Jo Adell, OF, Ballard HS (Louisville, Ky.) - There's been a lot of talk about high school bats here, and Adell fits that description for sure, and they'd be interested in Beck should he get here. Florida right-hander Alex Faedo is in the mix as well, as is the oft-mentioned Haseley.
Callis: Austin Beck, OF, North Davidson HS (Lexington, N.C.) - Milwaukee likes to collect athletic high school outfielders, and Beck and Kentucky prepster Jo Adell are exciting athletes. The Brewers also could look at prep left-handers D.L. Hall (Georgia) and Trevor Rogers (New Mexico) or collegians Haseley or Faedo.

Last edited by El-Ka-Bong

Pavin Smith 1b out of UVA would be a decent pick too.  We have next to no one at 1b that projects to the majors in our minor leagues.  He'd be theoretically ready sooner too, just in case Thames/Aguilar start to flame out in a year or two... I really like Aguilar, i hope he sticks a long time.

So... Baz, if not Baz I'm ok with Smith or Adam Haseley out of UVA.   Really as been talked about so many times.. this is a big crapshoot, however, if your scouts are a little bit better than the average it makes a huge difference.  Hoping the Stearns led brain trust is on to something. 

I think Gatewood is the 1st basemen of the future.  

!st base and RHP, not my first choice in the first round (I like Baz too, but pitchers, man, the hit rate is low).  Shortstops and OF in the first round, maybe a 3rd baseman if you think he is the shizat.  

Our history of developing pitching, save it for the 3rd pick (which is the same place Yo was drafted many moons ago).  

Lutz and Lemons are huge upside picks.  Reminds me of the Coulter, Haniger, Roache draft in some respects.  2 high upside guys and a steady college hitter (less of a bat, more tools- at the time-in Haniger).  That being said.. boy i'd love to have Haniger back.  That was a crappy throw in to make the Segura trade work, ouch.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.