Skip to main content

"I have a lot of respect for David Harris. That guy is, first of all, he never comes of the field - not just this year, but any year. The guy is like a 98, 99 percent playtime player for them every year, year after year. ... He's a very instinctive player, which unfortunately we've seen that firsthand. He does a good job for them. he's been very consistent, durable, dependable, productive over a long period of time."

Bill Belichick on David Harris back in 2014. Bill has loved Harris for a long time. No surprise he's a Patriot today and a damned shame he's not a Packer. 

I do understand wanting to let your young ILBs improve and not hindering their development by signing a veteran, but yeah I would have loved to have David Harris in the middle running the show. I like Martinez, I think he has that throwback mentality and the instincts you want, but he's still learning and isn't there yet. Hopefully he takes the next step this year after hitting the rookie wall last year. Jake Ryan, to me, took a big step from Year 1 to Year 2, hopefully we see the same from Mart. 

Also saw where Sam Barrington was signed by Buffalo.
He may be a long shot to make a roster nowadays, so I'll wish him luck.

There's a lot of players who will start the season on PUP or NFI, including Andrew Luck, where one Scott Tolzien is the primary backup...
Knocking wood heavily, but Green Bay opens TC in relatively good health.

Some 22 players, including Allison and Guion, will miss anywhere from 1-4 games due to suspension by the league.  Whipping boy Brandon Bostic has a 4-gamer. Khyri Thornton, mentioned above, starts the season under a 6 game suspension.  Darren Waller (TE/BAL) and Justin Gilbert (CB/PIT) have managed year-long suspensions.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.