Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

If nothing changes. Meaning AR and MM finish their time in GB with one Lombardi. Is it fair to look at Mike's fierce loyalty to the coaches on his staff as a considerable factor that prevented GB from more titles? The majority of fans were critical of Slocumb long before the 2014 title game. Fans weren't wrong but probably never thought the ST would completely melt down at the worst possible time. Zook is no savior and honestly not much of an upgrade. Moss, Capers, letting Clements hang around and surf the web for a year. 

MM and AR may very well win another Lombardi. They may win a few more. You always have a shot with the best QB in football. 

But I do think it's fair to ask if Mike's loyalty to the staff is making the team (specifically AR) work a lot harder than maybe they have to. 

Zook is a fine coach, the only problem is:

he needs time to implement his scheme

cant expect quality special teams with all the injuries

too many rookies

not enogh high draft picks

cant make chicken salad with chicken ****

he cant go out there and punt for them

the offense scores to quick, special teams don't have enough time to rest

mcstupidface trusts him, so we should all shut up

who you gonna replace him with? 

Players, not plays

what special teams coach out there really gets more out of less? 

El-Keston-Hiura posted:

Zook is a fine coach, the only problem is:

he needs time to implement his scheme

cant expect quality special teams with all the injuries

too many rookies

not enogh high draft picks

cant make chicken salad with chicken ****

he cant go out there and punt for them

the offense scores to quick, special teams don't have enough time to rest

mcstupidface trusts him, so we should all shut up

who you gonna replace him with? 

Players, not plays

what special teams coach out there really gets more out of less? 

Image result for not funny anymore gif

Last edited by Grave Digger

Elliot, Goodson and Janis! were the best cover/tackling guys. Janis! is currently holding down a WR spot that is reported to have lots of competition. I can see Elliot playing less ST's and Goodson gone. Davis is too small to be an effective  gunner and messed up on punt returns. We have new punter and long snapper. Cobb can return punts but probably wont. Same with Monty on KR's. There are a lot of new faces on the team and some of the vets have moved up to be starters. I really have no clear idea of who does what this year. Training camps and cutdown will help make things more clear. Zook is back and we have had worse as ST's coach.

So right now its a big "I don't know" from me.

Last edited by PackerPatrick

Biegel and Jones would seem to be good special teams additions, Williams may also. The return jobs would seem to be wide open, though I'm guessing the rookie backs and receivers will get a metric crap ton of reps there in training camp with Davis and even Janis! also. It wouldn't surprise me if they go to camp with two kickers and/or two punters for reps for the young guys.

El-Keston-Hiura posted:

I can see Janis! Returning kick offs like forest Gump (or a faster Najeh Davenport), but I cannot fathom him returning punts.  I'm also guessing the coaches, who see Janis! All the time have no desire to see him back there.  

And for good reason.  Assuming he runs like FG, he will run right out of the stadium.  The team would be out a player, a complete uniform, and a game ball for which they might have to compensate the NFL for.  It doesn't take an accountant to figure this one out.  

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.