Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You forgot Yancey, he's a guy who will definitely be in the mix for that #5 spot behind Allison. He and Dupre could end up with the last 2 spots and be really great finds like Allison. It will be a hard decision for that #6 spot with the investment they've put into Trevor Davis and Janis, but then they've invested in Yancey and Dupre may have arguably more upside than all of them overall. Should be an interesting competition at WR. 

If the OL performs well then this O can be as potent as 2011. I think Monty will break out at RB and Rodgers will be Rodgers. It will be a hard O to stop, the only thing holding them back will be health. 

Last edited by Grave Digger

Toward the end of last year. Jordy started to really look like Jordy once he trusted the repaired knee (week 15 60 yard dagger in Chicago with :30 seconds left). He still went for 1,300 yards and led the NFL in TD receptions. Not only do I think he hasn't lost a step. I think he's going off in 2017 and reclaim a cemented spot as one of the five best recievers in the NFL. I could easily see 1,400 yards and 15 plus TDs. And **** YOU Leon Hall for sticking the crown of your helmet into Jordy's ribs!!! That wasn't Cobb who gave you a subtle veteran push to catch the Hail Mary to end the first half in the playoffs. That was karma. 

Monty could resemble a poor mans Marshall Faulk in this offense. Close to 2,000 total yards isn't out of the question if he's able to manage his sickle cell condition. 

The only concern I have for the 2017 offense is whether Evans has some tread left. 

If Evans is good this offense should get right next to the 35 points they averaged in 2011. Too many damned weapons led by the best QB in football at the apex of abilities. 

Yancey could be good. Dupre could be great. He's my 2017 sleeper as long as he shows AR he's putting his work in. 

Of course all this comes together with all the coaching and development the offense gets from the staff on that side of the ball. Top notch!

Grave Digger posted:

The Packers' fastest man: Trevor Davis' game needs to catch up to his speed

That's positive to hear Davis is working to improve on the mental side. I'm guessing they will keep 6 WRs meaning the last 3 spots will come down to Allison, Davis, Janis, Yancey, and Dupre. That's tough. I'm guessing Dupre gets stuck on the PS and Janis gets the boot. They seem to like having Janis around for STs though. 

Janis will take up 2 spots so really that's 4 guys fighting for 1 position.  All while Janis sits on the sidelines . . . 

If they can stay away from the injuries and the  OL gels and stays healthy and Ty breaks out at RB this offense could be lethal.  I personally think the running game is key to the whole team. I think they will need to grind it out just a little bit more to eat some clock.  This will keep the defense fresh and off the field as much as possible.  Not saying they need to be 3 yards and a cloud of dust but they need to work the clock.

The Heckler posted:

If they can stay away from the injuries and the  OL gels and stays healthy and Ty breaks out at RB this offense could be lethal.  I personally think the running game is key to the whole team. I think they will need to grind it out just a little bit more to eat some clock.  This will keep the defense fresh and off the field as much as possible.  Not saying they need to be 3 yards and a cloud of dust but they need to work the clock.

3 yards and a cloud of dust brings 4th and 1.  

Montgomery/Faulk comparison isn't green and gold glasses. Ty may never be Faulk. But he's got the ability and plays in an offense that will allow him to pile up a lot of yards as the full time starting RB. Matchup nightmare. 

Ty only touched the ball 121 times last year and rolled up over 800 yards. Averaging 6.7 yards per touch with over 100 touches is a crazy stat for a RB. 

15 carries per game. 75 receptions. If he stays healthy he should be high up on the list for total yards. 

heyward posted:
DH13 posted:

Been comparing Monty to Faulk since last season.  Maybe better comparison to Roger Craig.  Also been talkin about Dupre since the draft.  He's beat some really good future RD1 DB's in his time.

Have you also compared Jake Ryan to Jack Lambert?

You do realize compare does not mean equal right?

I'm not as giddy about what 88's stats will be as I am about how much he can open up the offense.  X-factor in bold caps.

Last edited by DH13

In the Dallas playoff game. After Dallas tied the game with :35 seconds left AR threw an innocent dump off to Ty on 2nd and 10 from their 25. Ty caught it. Waited for blocks. Worked his way up the sideline and got blasted but didn't go down and stopped the clock with :23 seconds left. 17 yards. Such a huge play setting up the throw to Cook. 

I cant wait to watch him play 16 games as the starting RB. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.