Skip to main content

Pre-season announced. Packers end at home, much more friendly schedule vs last year.

PACKERS PRESEASON SCHEDULE

Week 1: Aug. 10-13, vs. Philadelphia Eagles, Lambeau Field

Week 2: Aug. 17-21, at Washington, FedEx Field

Week 3: Aug. 24-27, at Denver Broncos, Sports Authority Field at Mile High

Week 4: Thursday, Aug. 31, vs. Los Angeles Rams, Lambeau Field

Dates and times have not been finalized for the first three games, but the finale will be played against the Los Angeles Rams on Thursday, Aug. 31, at Lambeau Field.

In between, the Packers will play at Washington and Denver.

None of the four games is slated for national television, which means Thursday, Sunday and Monday games are less likely. The exact dates and times for the games usually are released at the same time as the regular-season schedule. The NFL has not announced a date for the regular-season release, but it typically comes in mid-April.

The Packers will play three NFC teams during the preseason, but nobody on the exhibition schedule will be on the regular-season schedule.

The Packers played Washington and Philadelphia in the regular season last year. The game at Washington will be the Packers’ third visit to the stadium in 20 months. They played a playoff game there Jan. 10, 2016, and a regular-season game there Nov. 20.

Last year, the Packers finished the summer with two exhibition games on the road and then opened the regular season with two on the road, leaving Lambeau Field untouched from Aug. 27 to Sept. 25.

That won’t be the case this year.

The benefit of playing at home on the final weekend is that coaches and scouts can go right to their offices after the game and begin the process of evaluating performances and cutting the roster down to the final 53.

The Packers are allowed to begin training camp 15 days before the start of their first exhibition game, which means players could report as early as July 26 and begin practice the next day.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

radio guys said this morning ESPN is running a TWO HOUR special on the release of the 2017 schedule.   good gawd, that oughta be enough hot air to get a balloon to the moon.
and as a friend said:  They should have the whole season figured out by the end of that show so let's start thinking about the 2018 draft.

Last edited by Tdog

Yep, it's getting to be outrageous.  2 hours ridiculous.  

I heard a few years back, that you could look at the hotel pricing during football season before the schedule came out, to know what weeks were home games. The thought being, that the hotels or Packers leaked the info to the hotels, so they could set the rates, before the influx of fans.  Depending on the rate, you would know if it's a home game or not, (you wouldn't know the opponent), but at least would have the right weekends.  

Slobknocker posted:

Packers fans will lose there ever-loving minds when they go 3-4 or 2-5 to start the season. But after the break they will win eight out of nine games to win the North again.

I foresee a 5-2 start at the worst.  Toughest should be at Atlanta and at Dallass.  Rest of the games should be wins. 

I just wish the Packers didn't have a recent history of losing games they should have won against weaker opponents.  I especially wish they didn't have a history of giving up 17587423858075843857824035 points/game in such games.

GB with a LOT of noon games from week 6 until the season ends. That, coupled with a week 8 BYE week, is music to MM's ears. That is pretty much a text book schedule MM loves.

Now let's hope the Packers get flexed as little as possible.

packerboi posted:

GB with a LOT of noon games from week 6 until the season ends. That, coupled with a week 8 BYE week, is music to MM's ears. That is pretty much a text book schedule MM loves.

Now let's hope the Packers get flexed as little as possible.

Plus they get Dallas after a Thursday.  That's big.   

PackerPatrick posted:
Herschel posted:

Really ****s over out-of-state viewers

That's why I got NFL Sunday Ticket. I take what I can get, and like it. I might even go to the Panthers game.

**** DIRECTV while we're at it. They're part of the "switch every two years" game.

Glad we got the week 8 BYE, the grind of going Week 5 to Week 17 was tough it sounded like. Anyone know how games are in Pittsburgh? I've never been to Heinz Field or been around Steelers fans. That should be a fun game, but I don't want to go if Steelers fans are terrible like Eagles fans. My impression is that they're a lot like Packer fans, which I can deal with, but really bad fans can ruin a game...NFL games are too expensive to go to only to have them ruined by over-the-top fans. My aunt and uncle went to a game in Tampa many years ago, back in the NFC Central days when Tampa was good. They had a terrible experience and haven't been back since. 

Last edited by Grave Digger

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.