Skip to main content

Henry posted:

I was hoping Jamal Williams would emerge simply due to his running style and bulk.  That a is a perfect RB by committee setup.  Ty may be weak on pass blocking but ripping off a 5 yard average is absurd.  

Speaking of blocking, I'm still interested/concerned about Jahri Evans.  Sounds like he's playing solid ball and they definitely aren't moving or putting anyone else in RG position but I worry about a Saturday drop off mid season. 

I'd take a Saturday-like drop off over a Barclay always any time.

GrainBelt66 posted:

Oh No, Monty might not be the starting RB I guess this means we throw his very talented ass away! The guy can do so many things and brings so much to an offense, but hey, let's throw him out with yesterday's bath water.

tymont probably has more football talent in his little finger than you or I have in our entire bodies.

lets get past day 6 of camp first....

Jump to conclusions much??   

FinnLander posted:
GrainBelt66 posted:

Oh No, Monty might not be the starting RB I guess this means we throw his very talented ass away! The guy can do so many things and brings so much to an offense, but hey, let's throw him out with yesterday's bath water.

tymont probably has more football talent in his little finger than you or I have in our entire bodies.

lets get past day 6 of camp first....

Jump to conclusions much??   

This is what happens when I drink a 5th of johnnie walker and try to reply to stupid posts regarding certain players. Like I told Henry, sorry.

it must be my smart phone making me a dumdum... ïŋ―ïŋ―

KonKrete posted:
Henry posted:

Apparently Digger has not been bogarting.  If this defense is able to avoid the pile of injuries to a single position group that they've dealt with recently, I think they are going to surprise a lot of people.  Now where the heck did I leave that bag of Doritos?

Eddie took it with him when he left.

Fedya posted:

This is what happens when I drink a 5th of johnnie walker and try to reply to stupid posts regarding certain players. Like I told Henry, sorry.

I enjoy it when you post drunk.

I still think my German language skills are better than yours...ïŋ―ïŋ―

At least it was Blue Label, not the cheap red crap......

Last edited by GrainBelt66
Fedya posted:

I enjoy it when you post drunk.

If I tried posting drunk, I probably couldn't post.  Therefore I conclude - sans evidence - that I am not drunk.  And if I were I wouldn't admit it no matter how many misspelled words I type.  

From the INBOX:

Dean from Leavenworth, IN

The Packers have a history of several UDFAs making the 53 every year. With 10 draft picks and the addition of five veteran FAs and so much returning talent, it seems like this might be a tough year for the UDFAs to make the roster. In the first week of camp, which UDFAs and practice-squad holdovers have you seen so far that look like they could make the 53?

McCaffrey and Derrick Mathews have stood out to me as far as practice-squad players who have performed so far in camp. Justin Vogel isn’t your traditional UFA since most punters aren’t drafted, but I’ve liked what I’ve seen from him. He has a live leg. I also want to add 6-foot-6 rookie Michael Clark had an incredible catch Thursday night.

My comment - From reports, I knew about Vogel.  And I had an idea about McCaffrey.  But no one said anything about Mathews or Clark.  Does anyone have any other information?  

Clark is an impressive looking receiver. Noticed him on day 1. He runs good routes and is a long strider and seemed to show soft hands and he definitely knew how to use his size to his advantage on jump balls. The big negatives I saw are that he doesn't seem to have great speed and he doesn't have a lot of bulk. He's very lanky and I would be worried about injuries. He's quick and like I said he runs good routes, but I don't think he's beating out Dupre, Janis, McCaffrey, or Davis for the #5 or #6 spot. Looks like a PS guy, he kind of reminded me of Ruvell Martin. 

I noticed Matthews some, but it's hard to tell how ILBs look because their job is so contingent on full contact. Even padded practice it doesn't seem like players are supposed to really hit. 

PackerBackerDPM posted:

Anyone able to comment on Crosby last night?  Near misses and just something to work through with the new guys?  Amazing what a little pressure can do to those mechanic as by all accounts up until last night things were rolling along well. 

New snapper AND holder.....I'm thinking just kinks to work out.     and. JMHO

Pack88 posted:

It would be doubly sweet winning the SB in Miinny, just like staving off elimination by beating Chicago and then winning the NFCCG in Chicago after the 10 season

I brought up this possibility to my MN co-workers here in GA that this could happen..they are now dreading the season even more...Please...let this happen!!!!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.