Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Positives:

I am glad the Vikings didn't suck bad enough to get Luck. He is worth evey bit of the hype. Just remember how sorry that team was last year and he instantly has made the Colts a competetive team.

Negatives:

It was an entire team loss. I heard on the radio, worst choke job for the Pack since the 1950s. Don't know if that's true, but that is pretty horrific. Awful 2nd half by all.
positives: nothing but draft position

negatives : everything else

team is in trouble. They have talent its the mental part of it that worries me.
They were beat by a team that wanted it more. We looked like we were going thru the motions. gameplan up 21-3 on the road in the 2nd half was inexcusable.
alot of football left but Im afraid this team isnt gonna play with urgency until were in the "need to win out" mode with our backs to the wall.
just has the feeling of a 9-7 type team unless MM can figure out the keys to get more out of this group of individual players
+
Jones
Walden
Benson (no hole, still gets three yards)
Masthay. Again some great punts. He's headed to the pro bowl, and our offense may boost his stats.

-
Smith's pursuit of pathetic running backs is kind of embarassing...
Crosby. Are you kidding me? Twice? Distance but woefully off.

I'm hoping for a season like our last Super Bowl winner, where we didn't really get it together until it was do or die...
We are a bad team right now.

--
* Tired of Rodgers' act. He is throwing his teammates under the bus and putting it all on their shoulders. He needs to start taking responsibility. Sometimes he's afraid to pull the trigger if his guy doesn't have a three-step lead. He's got to trust his receivers to make a play.
* Please tell me they tried to double Wayne. Capers really didn't let him play single coverage all day when no single person could stay with him.

Tooooo mad right now.
quote:
Originally posted by Fandame:
We are a bad team right now.

--
* Tired of Rodgers' act. He is throwing his teammates under the bus and putting it all on their shoulders. He needs to start taking responsibility. Sometimes he's afraid to pull the trigger if his guy doesn't have a three-step lead. He's got to trust his receivers to make a play.
* Please tell me they tried to double Wayne. Capers really didn't let him play single coverage all day when no single person could stay with him.

Tooooo mad right now.

Exactly Dude! Now, I do love Rodgers and the OL is ugly, but this game is about inches and Rodgers needs to just let it rip. If he gets a turnover then so be it.

My positive today - Jones! He continues to look good.
Positives

Nothing: The 2nd half negated anything that was good in the 1st.

Wait . . . there IS a positive . . . deer hunting will be picking up in a couple weeks

Negatives

Too numerous to list. Last year, we could at least hang our hats on an exciting offense. This year, meh, we have no hat hangers, Not yet anyway. Our MVP isn't even very good this year. Too many MVP banquets in the off-season? Too many commercials?
quote:
Originally posted by Badgeman:
Our MVP isn't even very good this year. Too many MVP banquets in the off-season? Too many commercials?

Last year, when they sat him the last game of the season and Flynn came in and put up the insane numbers, I was worried how it might affect him psychologically. Has he had a really good game since? (Just throwing that out there.)

Right now it seems like he is bound and determined to make the really big play, as if it will bust the offense wide open again. Really, though, I don't think the offensive problems are his fault. No one is open because the defenses are dropping everyone in coverage. Half the time, there isn't even an outlet receiver.

Short of an actual running game, which it appears will never happen, he ought to just take off and run it himself. Move the chains with his feet and maybe it will open things up for his receivers.
What's really amazing to me is how the sacks keep coming. Five sacks to the goddamn Indianapolis Colts? In retrospect, I'm surprised that they managed to have none against New Orleans's terrible defense. 21 sacks in five games, unbelievable. Also, even though Rodgers only has 4 INTs, it feels like it's been a whole lot more than that for some reason. Probably because the big plays that would negate them have been so few and far in between.
quote:
Originally posted by Pistol GB:
quote:
Originally posted by Badgeman:
Our MVP isn't even very good this year. Too many MVP banquets in the off-season? Too many commercials?

Short of an actual running game, which it appears will never happen, he ought to just take off and run it himself. Move the chains with his feet and maybe it will open things up for his receivers.

My sarcastic comments aside (I am just pissed about how this season has started; shouldn't be posting today), the running game has been my biggest source of frustration. MM continually gives up on it. When Benson went out today it was like we had no RB on the field. Yet, late in the game, on the Packers last scoring drive, the biggest play was a running play. Go figure.
Green looked pretty pathetic out there on basically every other attempt he had. Part of the reason is because the OL gets pushed back on almost every play, but he generally looked lost. The Packers were consistently getting into the backfield against the Colts RBs, but the difference with them is that they were able to play smart (while keeping their legs moving) and turn attempts that should have been a loss or a 1-2 yard gain into 8-9 yard gains all day long.
Quiet board tonight after another embarrassing loss. Usually at a minimum the POS/NEG thread gets to 4 or 5 pages by now but it's barely one. Have even the complainers given up too?

+ signs of life from Perry, Green and Neal.

- too many others flatlining.

I don't know what Rodgers's problem is but he has been off way too often this season. Many keep pointing to 2010 as some last hope of what might be but that team wanted it. I don't know what this team wants.
++
The first half.
--
Second half
Rodger is reverting to his old bad habit of holding onto the ball too long.
The Packer’s no longer have a deep receiving core. They have 3 guys Nelson, Jones, and Cobb.
The Packers tight ends are average at best.
Benson is a good runner but not a player that can beat you. Unless the Packers become a ground and pound team something they just do not have the attitude to do well.
Negs
McCarthy...thought he was an elite HC...but it all starts with him
Capers...cant scheme to stop a rookie QB and old WR
Rodgers...is he in love? is he too fat and sassy? Worst game from him that I can remember ever
WRs...nobody tries to get open? Dropped passes and poor routes. Poor coaching?
All the travelling Packers fans wasted their time and money

Pos
Let me think on that...
quote:
Originally posted by GBP1:
Rodgers...is he in love? is he too fat and sassy? Worst game from him that I can remember ever

Holy crap, really? He finished with a 103 rating and 3 TDs. Through 5 games, he's still in the top 10 of league QBs in just about every category. He's clearly not as sharp as last year, but he arguably put together the best season in the history of the position. He's capable of better than we've seen, but I'm not ready to send him to sports psychologist.
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Grant:
Rodgers said the ball was slightly tipped on the int causing it to come out to the opposite shoulder he was throwing to. I didn't notice it being tipped during the game, but that's what he said after

Sounds like the excuse making has started. I didn't see the tip on any of the replays either. Back on post:

Pos - Finley having to leave the game so DJ Williams can have a chance to make the catches Finley can't make.

Cons - Crosby!!!
Rodgers looking like 2008
Trying running plays that extend the def with a slow RB
OL and not being able to run block.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.