Skip to main content

That's a good point Chilli. However, I'm not the one using injuries as an excuse. I do believe it had a SIGNIFICANT affect on the game because the drop off to their replacements was evident and it probably played into Capers ability to blitz or disguise coverages, etc. But Crabtree and Manningham's absence were also huge for the Niners. NTM they HAD to know that Hayward would be out at least two weeks ago (considering now we hear he may miss a month or more) and Burnett must have been at least doubtful.

Originally Posted by El-Ka-Bong:

I wonder what happens when they have a bad loss

Hopefully the same as what happened after this one. We'll talk about the positives and the negatives and move on to the next game.

Originally Posted by antiworst:

Hopefully the same as what happened after this one. We'll talk about the positives and (tiptoe carefully around) the negatives and move on to the next game.

I never said that I've had my POV restricted. Someone is reading the "imaginary message board" again. What exactly is "pants pissing"? Maybe you can quote me some examples. Meanwhile, maybe this will make everyone feel better:

pants pissing is thinking the season is over due to a week 1 loss.

I dont think Ive seen that sentiment by anyone on any board.

I actually think the team will band together and play well after this.

Get our DBs back, get Eddie Monster going and we'll be tough to beat

Originally Posted by WolfPack:

I agree. And if they get to the bye at 2-1 vs. this early season schedule I think most of us will take it. Is it going to stop myself and others from female canining and whining during the heat of game? Nope. Is it going to prevent message board meltdowns after a tough loss. Hell no. But it was one game. And the Packers can beat San Fran. They could have on Sunday without the self-inflicted wounds.

You tell everyone who points out a flaw that they are bed wetters and whiners?  

You continue to explain that this is a perfectly assembled football team that is lucky to have a defensive coordinator that is beyond reproach?

Originally Posted by CAPackfan:

: Jerron McMillian ... in coverage (allowed 6 receptions on 6 targets, 57 yes and a TD) and missed 4 tackles.

That's about as bad as it gets

That only tells half the story.  The dude looked uninterested in tackling anyone who had the ball, especially VD.

Originally Posted by CAPackfan:

: Jerron McMillian ... in coverage (allowed 6 receptions on 6 targets, 57 yes and a TD) and missed 4 tackles.

That's about as bad as it gets

1. is McMillan starting next week? with that performance, he might get an extension... (draft and develop) 
  2. on a serious note - is ross still on the team?

Exactly. I don't remember seeing anyone claiming the season was over. If you can't critique your own team, what's the point of being a fan? I've been watching this team since the late 60's and my two kids' middle names are Starr and Taylor. I think I've earned the right to critique the team that I follow. But some people act like if you say something negative or question the team's performance, it's like slapping their kids.

The Packers will be better this year, imo, just because they'll be tougher to run against and Lacy is an upgrade. Like someone else mentioned, as long as AR is QBing we'll always have a chance to win.

Someone else mentioned that CK brings something most QBs don't. Just the threat of him being able to run like he can almost negates the pass rush. It'll be interesting to see how Seattle and the Rams play them.

Originally Posted by Va. Packer:

I agree. And if they get to the bye at 2-1 vs. this early season schedule I think most of us will take it. Is it going to stop myself and others from female canining and whining during the heat of game? Nope. Is it going to prevent message board meltdowns after a tough loss. Hell no. But it was one game. And the Packers can beat San Fran. They could have on Sunday without the self-inflicted wounds.

I resent that. I threw things. 

Originally Posted by BrainDed:

It will something like that but much, much more cerebral.

Sounds like Perry had a stinger yesterday which explains why Neal was playing OLB following Gore's 4th qtr TD. Not a good showing by Neal on that drive but hand it to SF. They spotted him and ran Hunter and Gore right at him. 

Last edited by H5
Someone else mentioned that CK brings something most QBs don't. Just the threat of him being able to run like he can almost negates the pass rush. It'll be interesting to see how Seattle and the Rams play them.

It's more than just CK, it's San Fran having the best Offensive Line in football bar none both last year and coming into this year.  You can put any halfway decent QB behind that line and they will have success whether that QB is extremely mobile or not.  Kaepernick's athleticism combined with that great line give them a dimension they didn't have when Alex Smith was out there.  Smith could run a little bit, but not like Kaepernick, and Kaepernick has a laser arm whereas Smith was more of a dink and dunker. 

The Pack had trouble with both Smith and Kaepernick last year, mostly because that O-Line is just extremely good.  Now that said, Kaepernick does have a chance to be special, whereas Smith really looked like just a good solid player who was more of a game manager. 

Originally Posted by Iowacheese:

You do realize you have morphed into a bigger pussy than kworst...and you chose the username you did to show how opposite of him you were. 

Really?  I thought they were brothers or otherwise related, hence the similar names.  I just figured that one was paying attention in English class and became articulate while the other was more interested in yahting.  

Guess you learn something every day. 

Originally Posted by DH13:
That only tells half the story.  The dude looked uninterested in tackling anyone who had the ball, especially VD.

He took those old health videos too literally. Don't catch VD.

"It's more than just CK, it's San Fran having the best Offensive Line in football bar none both last year and coming into this year."

Very true. They were drafting near the top for quite some time and hit on a bunch of 1st round OL picks. I was impressed the way Raji, Jolly, Pickett wouldn't be budged by them though. The Niners have had some really good drafts and now it's showing. But sooner or later they'll all want to get paid. 

Originally Posted by BrainDed:

You continue to explain that this is a perfectly assembled football team that is lucky to have a defensive coordinator that is beyond reproach?

really, that is what I said.  You've posted some moronic stuff, but I have to give you credit for never giving up.

or maybe thinking it is an ass raping in the first quarter

And the ass raping is on. 

Originally Posted by JJSD:
Originally Posted by Iowacheese:

You do realize you have morphed into a bigger pussy than kworst...and you chose the username you did to show how opposite of him you were. 

Really?  I thought they were brothers or otherwise related, hence the similar names.  I just figured that one was paying attention in English class and became articulate while the other was more interested in yahting.  

Guess you learn something every day. 

Actually think they are siamese twins missing a cerebrum.....and suffering from extra vaginal flow.

Truly comical what it has become...from what it first portrayed itself as.

I was thinking the same thing lately IC.

As to the game, the Pack simply beat themselves: Dropped passes Jones, Finley (leading to that interception), Ross' ineptitude on return decisions, and substandard Safety play not to mention Lacy's fumble. It is what it is, but as others mentioned we would win against them with way less mistakes.

What's comical IC is your constant whining about people supposedly "whining". You really need to get over yourself. It's not really that big of a deal. No really. It's not. Maybe in Iowa it is, I don't know. The fact that Packers fans voicing their opinion about a football game gets you so upset that you drone on and on about it is rather sad and pathetic.

The monikers that people choose to be identified by are just that: monikers. Nothing has "changed" or has "morphed". I've been on here for 13 years, and I'm the same guy. You seem to be living in some weird Reality Show World where there are "bad guys" and "good guys".

People with different opinions than yourself about A FOOTBALL TEAM are 'pussies", have "vaginal flow" problems, etc. Just because they typed something pertaining to an NFL game that really has absolutely NO bearing on your life whatsoever? You don't know me. You don't know any of these people. Is this how you respond to people in real life? I'm guessing not. You're probably a good dude, but if there's one thing that is indisputable, it's the internet has made a lot of not-so-tough guys feel pretty good about themselves.

Unfortunately you seem to be one of those guys. That's too bad because we root for the same team and I'm sure you know your football. So I wish you would stick to that. What you do is cheap and...well...lazy. But who am I to say, right? So have at it IC. I know people like you and I understand. I get it. Think up so more "vagina jokes" and wing em out there. They're always "hilarious"... 

mccarthy spoke about correcting mistakes.

why is ross still on the team. he doesn't look particularly fast, had the crucial drop last year, and made bonehead decisions yesterday.

what's there to like?

there has to be room in this team for the best free agent / practice squad safety out there...

Originally Posted by noiropus:

1. is McMillan starting next week? with that performance, he might get an extension... (draft and develop) 

You think this is a bad strategy?  Let's play.

Originally Posted by noiropus:

mccarthy spoke about correcting mistakes.

why is ross still on the team. he doesn't look particularly fast, had the crucial drop last year, and made bonehead decisions yesterday.

what's there to like?

there has to be room in this team for the best free agent / practice squad safety out there...

You are truly stupid enough to think that after a bad game a PS safety is a better option?  Thoughts?  

My thoughts?  You don't know your head from your ass.  

You want to put that take out there and then **** down your leg when it's pointed out that your statement is a 6 foot pile of emotional **** without a sign of logic anywhere in sight?  

Really?  How about putting Banjo in the mix?  No, you just continue to pre-ejaculate as usual.

Hopefully MM rethinks putting Ross on kick returns.

Forget Lacy's fumble, forget the blown call, forget the absence of Burnett and Hayward....after the Niners recaptured the lead, Packers had a chance to win with 5 mins left and Rodgers was starting to click. Ross takes the ball out from 8 yards deep and gets tackled at the 7. Just take a knee, man. Start at the 20 and open up the playbook.

I'll give this ****ing putz time to put together a ridiculous response for complaining about one of the most successful team development philosophies in the modern NFL.  Maybe dickslap can look around the league, stew on his comment and realize the ****ing freight train bearing down on him.

Nothing wrong with drafting and developing - see then niners first-rate OL, LB, QB, and RB units in support of that assessment. 

However, free agency can be used successfully to complement the draft, and that is simply where the packers have not been good recently. There are multiple prominent examples: Anquan Boldin to the Ravens/Niners, Drew Brees to the Saints, Jared Allen to the Vikes, Justin Smith to the Niners, etc... to name a few.

Packers rolled the dice with backup-type players in their secondary yesterday, and paid the price.

Originally Posted by Henry:

I'll give this ****ing putz time to put together a ridiculous response for complaining about one of the most successful team development philosophies in the modern NFL.  Maybe dickslap can look around the league, stew on his comment and realize the ****ing freight train bearing down on him.

Ed Reed for 2 years at $5 million a pop would look good..   

Of course the money would have to come from somewhere.  I would suggest letting Hawk walk and rolling the dice with a younger and less expensive player.  If I recall correctly, they would have saved 4.5 by cutting him this year, yes?

Can't complain about the results from TT though.. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.