Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by ChilliJon:

MM has a T-shirt with pictures of Lovie, kick ass, Schwartz, Frasier, Marinelli, Trestman and three empty spots. And it reads "Got them fired"

i know he owns this shirt. He has to. 

I would hope he at least has paper mache likenesses of their heads mounted on woode nplagues in his den.

You might also remember that the Bears OC last season was Aaron Kromer, who was caught anonymously **** talking Jay Cutler to the NFL Network, and then had to tearfully apologize to the team after the fact.

Since being jettisoned, Kromer has been arrested for allegedly punching a boy over the use of lawn chairs. Those are, presumably, the same lawn chairs that Chicago used to protect its quarterbacks last season.

Welcome back!!!!

I used to live for WYTS before realizing that Drew is a **** writer who thinks RANDOM CAPS and brazilians of swear words per capita equal brave #hottakes, when he and his hack staff aren't trying to combine the social justice campaigns of Tumblr with sports coverage. Also, considering how much accountability he demands out of sports media, the man is a freaking hypocrite. Observe:

2014 Bears:

Your coach: Marc Trestman, who has turned out to be pretty good! Sure, the defense is abominable, but look at all those deep passes that are actually completed! NICE. Trestman's emergence as a sound football mind means we can now move on to the part where the Bears nickel-and-dime him at every turn, until he finally gives up and walks away. That's how it works in Chicago. Either you're a ****ty coach and you fail, or you're a decent coach who gets lowballed and suffocated by management ... and you fail.

2015 Bears:

When we last left the Bears, they were crumbling under “QB guru” and man-who-is-mysteriously-hanging-out-at-a-playground-by-himself Marc Trestman. Turns out that hiring a lameass CFL coach isn’t the unorthodox masterstroke the Bears thought it was! WHAT A STUNNING TURN OF EVENTS.

Also he's Queen homer. YAWN. At least the fan letters are good for a few chuckles.

We worship Ditka 30 damned years after Super Bowl XX in spite of the fact that he is Donald Trump with a mustache.

Last edited by Rusty

From the comments section:

Michael:

I am the idiot who spent $250 on an opening day ticket so I can watch Rodgers personally fist **** every last one of our players as Cutler and his unvaccinated family sit on a mountain of money. I’ve basically paid to watch the team I love bukkake all over my childhood.

I suspect the comments are fake, since the spelling, grammar and level of wit seem well beyond the facility of the typical Bears fan.

But still it's funny 'cuz it's true.

Are you effing kidding? Hilarious if this is true...

Chicago Bears new media coverage rules: don’t report on us

Tom Brady destroyed his cell phone. Now the Chicago Bears apparently would like beat reporters to self-destruct or otherwise disappear.

The team has released new coverage rules for its training camp. Like all NFL teams, it just started.

Dan Bernstein, a Chicago radio sports talk host, summarized the new rules thusly after mentioning the rather open access for fans:

Credentialed reporters, however, have now been told not to report. They can’t tell anyone what they see on the field, nor can they approach players or coaches at the conclusion of practice without having submitted a request for approval 24 hours prior.

These laughable guidelines were put in place ostensibly to control information, despite the fact that it clearly does the exact opposite. Instead of allowing those trained and paid to process and disseminate news, the Bears have now ceded that control to anybody with a smartphone.

As the Chicago Tribune also underscores, the attempt to limit coverage seems pretty lame.

Like Tom Brady, the Bears are apparently believers in the less information, the better.

Lovie Smith arrived in Chicago and proclaimed job 1 is to beat the effing Packers. The John Fox Era starts with a home opener vs The Mighty Green Bay Packers. He knows he's undermanned, but he has an entire offseason to prepare and has Vic Fangio by his side. Those guys are good coaches and Fox took a Delhomme QBd team to the Superb Owl.

I think its unwise to underestimate any opponent; ( nothing more dangerous than a wounded mosquito.)

Seriously though, its a divisional match-up and the bears are going to show up on opening day foaming at the mouth

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.