packerboi posted:

There's so many gem articles to pick from this week, it's hard to know where to start. It's just one doom-n-gloom piece after another. The Bears are never going to live down not getting Mahomes or for that matter, Watson. Ever. 

A delicious piece of candy from the Tribune:

Suddenly, the worst fears of the most scarred fans were no longer irrational. Suddenly, it seemed, the ceiling on Trubiskyโ€™s career had closed in faster than anyone was prepared for.

Suddenly, that awful three-word question had snuck into the conversation for even the most level-headed observer: Is it over? Is it really over? The Super Bowl dreams? The 2019 season? The possibility that this starting quarterback might one day mature into a consistent playmaker?

After a performance like Sundayโ€™s, it was not only fair to wonder whether Trubisky never would become a long-term answer at quarterback but whether he would even still be the Bearsโ€™ starter beyond Thanksgiving.

After a meltdown like Sundayโ€™s, it was suddenly acceptable to entertain the debate over whether Ryan Paceโ€™s huge whiff at the top of the 2017 draft might actually set the franchise back for the next half-decade. Or longer.

Quite simply, this felt like a tornado.

They could always give Taysom Hill a 3 year guaranteed contract.

Offer Kumerow a block buster contract and it's multiple Superbowl time.

Last edited by Henry

My friend (a ๐Ÿป fan) sent me this to read. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜† Click on it to read the entire thread. Some good stuff on the Twitter verse 

Last edited by Boris
DH13 posted:

CHI probably looking at QB options this coming offseason.  As M2 said on another thread, you'd hate to see Cam in CHI.  Foles might be in play there as well.  He is familiar with Nagy's O via Pederson/Reid.  Maybe even Alex Smith  with some kind of robotic knee?

Foles just signed a 4 year deal worth $88 million.  I donโ€™t think heโ€™s going anywhere.  I can see Cam being a viable option though.  

TouchdownWhitewaterJesus posted:
DH13 posted:

CHI probably looking at QB options this coming offseason.  As M2 said on another thread, you'd hate to see Cam in CHI.  Foles might be in play there as well.  He is familiar with Nagy's O via Pederson/Reid.  Maybe even Alex Smith  with some kind of robotic knee?

Foles just signed a 4 year deal worth $88 million.  I donโ€™t think heโ€™s going anywhere.  I can see Cam being a viable option though.  

That's why JAX is going to switch QB's back to Foles.  To give him an audition for some QB desperate team that is willing to take on that deal in a trade.  I'm pretty sure JAX thinks Minshew is the future and can't just let Foles sit on the bench at that price for years.