Skip to main content

packerboi posted:

There's so many gem articles to pick from this week, it's hard to know where to start. It's just one doom-n-gloom piece after another. The Bears are never going to live down not getting Mahomes or for that matter, Watson. Ever. 

A delicious piece of candy from the Tribune:

Suddenly, the worst fears of the most scarred fans were no longer irrational. Suddenly, it seemed, the ceiling on Trubisky’s career had closed in faster than anyone was prepared for.

Suddenly, that awful three-word question had snuck into the conversation for even the most level-headed observer: Is it over? Is it really over? The Super Bowl dreams? The 2019 season? The possibility that this starting quarterback might one day mature into a consistent playmaker?

After a performance like Sunday’s, it was not only fair to wonder whether Trubisky never would become a long-term answer at quarterback but whether he would even still be the Bears’ starter beyond Thanksgiving.

After a meltdown like Sunday’s, it was suddenly acceptable to entertain the debate over whether Ryan Pace’s huge whiff at the top of the 2017 draft might actually set the franchise back for the next half-decade. Or longer.

Quite simply, this felt like a tornado.

They could always give Taysom Hill a 3 year guaranteed contract.

Offer Kumerow a block buster contract and it's multiple Superbowl time.

Last edited by Henry

My friend (a 🐻 fan) sent me this to read. 😁😆 Click on it to read the entire thread. Some good stuff on the Twitter verse 

Last edited by Boris

The Mack trade isn't looking as good as it did last year too.    Jacobs, the Bears 1st from this year, is looking like a franchise back.   They also got Renfrow out of that deal and a CB who may develop into a starter.    Thats not it, they still have the 2020 1st and 3rd rounder too.  

https://www.espn.com/blog/oakl...oomed-one-year-later

Last edited by BrainDed

I think Ryan Pace made those moves to try & win NOW because he knew if they didn't work he'd be gone anyway so who cares if you leave the franchise without anything. I'm gone anyway.

BrainDed posted:

The Mack trade isn't looking as good as it did last year too.  

Mack has 5.5 sacks and 7 QB hits this year. Compare that to the Smith bros.

Z Smith:   8 sacks 15 QB hits. 

P Smith:   7 sacks 13 QB hits

Mack's salary cap hit also sky rockets next year: A staggering  26.5 mil in 2020 and 27 million in 2021, 

CHI probably looking at QB options this coming offseason.  As M2 said on another thread, you'd hate to see Cam in CHI.  Foles might be in play there as well.  He is familiar with Nagy's O via Pederson/Reid.  Maybe even Alex Smith  with some kind of robotic knee?

Last edited by DH13

I think it will be Andy Dalton. Kinda surprised they didn't make a trade deadline deal for him but the Bengals seem to be kind of behind the times when it comes to tanking and getting a little value for their players that are no longer in their short or long term plans. 

DH13 posted:

CHI probably looking at QB options this coming offseason.  As M2 said on another thread, you'd hate to see Cam in CHI.  Foles might be in play there as well.  He is familiar with Nagy's O via Pederson/Reid.  Maybe even Alex Smith  with some kind of robotic knee?

Foles just signed a 4 year deal worth $88 million.  I don’t think he’s going anywhere.  I can see Cam being a viable option though.  

I don't see how the Bores could afford to pay for a 'big-name' QB. Trubitchsky is going to cost 'em $9M+ whether he plays or not and they're projected to be @ $5M over their cap next year.

TouchdownWhitewaterJesus posted:
DH13 posted:

Foles just signed a 4 year deal worth $88 million.  I don’t think he’s going anywhere.  I can see Cam being a viable option though.  

That's why JAX is going to switch QB's back to Foles.  To give him an audition for some QB desperate team that is willing to take on that deal in a trade.  I'm pretty sure JAX thinks Minshew is the future and can't just let Foles sit on the bench at that price for years.

Minshew did not look good in London vs. Texans. High throws, he played bad against a defense that usually gives up good games to QB's & they were without JJ Watt. 

I think they're starting Foles because he gives them the best chance to win. Not for any ulterior trade motives. 

Timmy! posted:

I don't see how the Bores could afford to pay for a 'big-name' QB. Trubitchsky is going to cost 'em $9M+ whether he plays or not and they're projected to be @ $5M over their cap next year.

$9M is chump change at the QB position these days. Teams can always do creative things with the cap when they need to squeeze in a non-franchise QB which is all they can do for now. They will have to draft their franchise QB which means they have to wait till 2021 at least.

But hey, Khalil Mack!  

Mack's cap hit goes from 11 mil this season to a whopping 26 million next season and 27 mil the following year. He's still sitting at 5.5 sacks at 8 QB hits. He's a great player but he's gonna cost a shit load of money next season and beyond. And he's not train wrecking games this season either.  

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.