Skip to main content

Packdog posted:

Guy that came in for Roquan made a splash play immediately- pressed the hole and made a tackle for loss. Meanwhile we watch "BM" for 100% of the defensive snaps . F me

Take it with a massive grain of salt considering who they played. Cryboys looked terrible on all sides of the ball including the OL who couldn't block for shit and Dak who tossed worm burners most the night.

Nagy looked pretty dejected at losing Smith in his presser. As much as Bore fans would love to believe it, no, you're not replacing an All-Pro LB with another one coming off the bench. It doesn't work like that.  

Packdog posted:

Guy that came in for Roquan made a splash play immediately- pressed the hole and made a tackle for loss. Meanwhile we watch "BM" for 100% of the defensive snaps . F me

[73]
1992Jim Harbaugh (13) / Peter Tom Willis (2) / Will Furrer (1)[74]
1993Jim Harbaugh (15) / Peter Tom Willis (1)[75]
1994Steve Walsh (11) / Erik Kramer (5)[76]
1995Erik Kramer (16)[77]
1996Dave Krieg (12) / Erik Kramer (4)[78]
1997Erik Kramer (13) / Rick Mirer (3)[79]
1998Erik Kramer (8) / Steve Stenstrom (7) / Moses Moreno (1)[80]
1999Shane Matthews (7) / Cade McNown (6) / Jim Miller (3)[81]
2000Cade McNown (9) / Shane Matthews (5) / Jim Miller (2)[82]
2001Jim Miller (13) / Shane Matthews (3)[83]
2002Jim Miller (8) / Chris Chandler (7) / Henry Burris (1)[84]
2003Kordell Stewart (7) / Chris Chandler (6)Rex Grossman (3)[85]
2004Craig Krenzel (5) / Chad Hutchinson (5)Jonathan Quinn (3) / Rex Grossman (3)[86]
2005Kyle Orton (15) / Rex Grossman (1)[87]
2006Rex Grossman (16)[88]
2007Rex Grossman (7) / Brian Griese (6) / Kyle Orton (3)[89]
2008Kyle Orton (15) / Rex Grossman (1)[90]
2009Jay Cutler (16)[91]
2010Jay Cutler (15) / Todd Collins (1)[92]
2011Jay Cutler (10) / Caleb Hanie (4) / Josh McCown (2)[93]
2012Jay Cutler (15) / Jason Campbell (1)[94]
2013Jay Cutler (11) / Josh McCown (5)[95]
2014Jay Cutler (15) / Jimmy Clausen (1)[96]
2015[97]
2016Matt Barkley (6) / Jay Cutler (5) / Brian Hoyer (5)[98]
2017Mitchell Trubisky (12) / Mike Glennon (4)[99]
2018Mitchell Trubisky (14) / Chase Daniel (2)[100]
2019Mitchell Trubisky (7) / Chase Daniel (1)

PackerHawk posted:

Cowboys made a run late. I'm assuming mostly prevent defense nonsense like when we played them but did it start after Smith went out? 

Ummm, no. 

Dak was piss-poor until it was 31-14 in the 4th.  He amassed about 177 yards in his last two drives.  Had 334 for the game.  Also completed about 20 passes in those two drives.  Had 27 completions for the night.

Dak shit the bed on MNF.

Last edited by PackLandVA
PackLandVA posted:
Packdog posted:

[73]
1992Jim Harbaugh (13) / Peter Tom Willis (2) / Will Furrer (1)[74]
1993Jim Harbaugh (15) / Peter Tom Willis (1)[75]
1994Steve Walsh (11) / Erik Kramer (5)[76]
1995Erik Kramer (16)[77]
1996Dave Krieg (12) / Erik Kramer (4)[78]
1997Erik Kramer (13) / Rick Mirer (3)[79]
1998Erik Kramer (8) / Steve Stenstrom (7) / Moses Moreno (1)[80]
1999Shane Matthews (7) / Cade McNown (6) / Jim Miller (3)[81]
2000Cade McNown (9) / Shane Matthews (5) / Jim Miller (2)[82]
2001Jim Miller (13) / Shane Matthews (3)[83]
2002Jim Miller (8) / Chris Chandler (7) / Henry Burris (1)[84]
2003Kordell Stewart (7) / Chris Chandler (6)Rex Grossman (3)[85]
2004Craig Krenzel (5) / Chad Hutchinson (5)Jonathan Quinn (3) / Rex Grossman (3)[86]
2005Kyle Orton (15) / Rex Grossman (1)[87]
2006Rex Grossman (16)[88]
2007Rex Grossman (7) / Brian Griese (6) / Kyle Orton (3)[89]
2008Kyle Orton (15) / Rex Grossman (1)[90]
2009Jay Cutler (16)[91]
2010Jay Cutler (15) / Todd Collins (1)[92]
2011Jay Cutler (10) / Caleb Hanie (4) / Josh McCown (2)[93]
2012Jay Cutler (15) / Jason Campbell (1)[94]
2013Jay Cutler (11) / Josh McCown (5)[95]
2014Jay Cutler (15) / Jimmy Clausen (1)[96]
2015[97]
2016Matt Barkley (6) / Jay Cutler (5) / Brian Hoyer (5)[98]
2017Mitchell Trubisky (12) / Mike Glennon (4)[99]
2018Mitchell Trubisky (14) / Chase Daniel (2)[100]
2019Mitchell Trubisky (7) / Chase Daniel (1)

Now that right there is the Bears Hall Of Fame QBs. 

BearBite posted:
PackLandVA posted:

Bears fans get easily excited after a winning season, though that doesn’t happen too often of late.  For what it’s worth:

-the Bears have had 7 seasons in the past 20 with better than a .500 record, including this past season;

-in the previous 6 seasons with a better than .500 record, they finished with a record better than .500 ONCE.

Past performance is not indicative of future results. 

Considering this Bears team mostly didn't exist before the last 2 seasons this analysis isn't worth jacksh*t.  And BTW your last statement is exactly correct which also means the Packers are just as likely to suck this year and continue the losing season streak.  Care to rethink that gem?

Doubt this jackass shows up, but this season is exactly what I was talking about.  Once again, the TBSS have a winning season (last year) and follow it up with a .500/sub-.500 season.  And what the jackass couldn't comprehend in my original post was that is was about TBSS FANS, not so much the team itself.  A good season and they get all excited like they're at the start of a dynasty.

Hey jackass - even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.  And your last comment above.......

Last edited by PackLandVA

For about 45 seconds last night I honestly felt bad for Mitchell Trubisky that the Chicago brain trust did what they did to a kid that started 1 year of college football while he watched Mahomes from the sideline along with 60,000 Bears fans. But like a poorly made Taco Bell bean burrito it passed quickly. At least Mack sacked Mahomes once. That must have removed some of the sting of everything..... until the draft happens. 

During the draft with the trade up, I immediately said to my friend, this is a huge mistake to give up that much draft capital for swapping spots. 

Yes Trubisky would've been there at #3. No the Niners were not going to take him nor did they have another suitor for the #2 overall slot. 

One thing I learned watching TT draft was don't panic during the draft. Don't jump the board & just let it come to you.  

Even IF (YOOOOGE IF) the Niners took Trubs or traded to someone else, you can still get your QB at #3. But the Bears wanted Trubisky like he was the 2nd coming of Andrew Luck. 

It's literally shocking to me as these FO folks get millions of dollars to make these asinine decisions then get terminated when they screw it up. How do I get one of these jobs??

So I'm watching the game last night and I'm listening to Cris Collinsworth making his best case that Mitch is struggling because Allen Robinson might be the 3rd receiver on the Chiefs after I've watched Robinson twist a KC defender into the ground and get wide open on a corner fly for an easy TD and Mitch overthrows him by 5 yards and I say to myself. "Self. There is a lot of dumbass going on in the NFL on multiple levels". 

Boris posted:

During the draft with the trade up, I immediately said to my friend, this is a huge mistake to give up that much draft capital for swapping spots. 

Yes Trubisky would've been there at #3. No the Niners were not going to take him nor did they have another suitor for the #2 overall slot. 

One thing I learned watching TT draft was don't panic during the draft. Don't jump the board & just let it come to you.  

Even IF (YOOOOGE IF) the Niners took Trubs or traded to someone else, you can still get your QB at #3. But the Bears wanted Trubisky like he was the 2nd coming of Andrew Luck. 

It's literally shocking to me as these FO folks get millions of dollars to make these asinine decisions then get terminated when they screw it up. How do I get one of these jobs??

The fact they also panicked somewhat and traded up for Montgomery in the last draft is consistent with their MO as well. They gave up a 4th round pick in 2020 and traded a 5th round pick for a 6th round pick to move up 14 slots in the third round. 

https://www.chicagobears.com/n...-draft-rb-montgomery

The Bears moved up 14 spots, dealing the No. 87 pick and selections in the fifth round this year (No. 162) and fourth round next year to the Patriots in exchange for the No. 73 pick and a sixth-round selection (No. 205).

ammo posted:

And I think Trubs career will be shorter than Luck's.  When the Bears don't renew his contract where else will he go? 

Don't overestimate that team, they could very well pick up his 5th year.  Even if they don't, someone will try to "fix" him.  He has a strong arm and is a very good runner. Even then after he flames out with his next team, he will stick around for a while as a backup, see for example another ex-Bear Rex Grossman.

As for the Bears in general, they are not a bad team.  Their defense wasn't as dominant as last year, but they had some injuries (especially Hicks).  I think the league also wised up to Nagy's trick plays, weird formations etc. Getting rid of Howard was stupid IMO, as much as Montgomery seems to be a decent back, Howard kept teams honest.  As much as I would like them to be heading for the cellar and dismal seasons, I think they will be decent enough even with Trubitzky.

I feel bad for Trubisky it's not his fault there's a bunch of knuckleheads in the Bears front office. But this play right here highlighted on Twitter......ouch!

GratefulPack posted:
ammo posted:

And I think Trubs career will be shorter than Luck's.  When the Bears don't renew his contract where else will he go? 

Don't overestimate that team, they could very well pick up his 5th year.  Even if they don't, someone will try to "fix" him.  He has a strong arm and is a very good runner. Even then after he flames out with his next team, he will stick around for a while as a backup, see for example another ex-Bear Rex Grossman.

As for the Bears in general, they are not a bad team.  Their defense wasn't as dominant as last year, but they had some injuries (especially Hicks).  I think the league also wised up to Nagy's trick plays, weird formations etc. Getting rid of Howard was stupid IMO, as much as Montgomery seems to be a decent back, Howard kept teams honest.  As much as I would like them to be heading for the cellar and dismal seasons, I think they will be decent enough even with Trubitzky.

Decent is right where we want them.   Not drafting in the top 10 but not good enough to have to deal with their fans arrogance. 

I never understand the mentality of “You know what, let’s fire the incompetent moron assistants. Gosh they sucked!  You know what else, we must keep the guy that hired those incompetent morons. And let’s allow him to replace those incompetent morons. Surely *this* time the guy that has proven to make bad hires will magically hire great folks this time.” 

I mean come on. Is Matt Nagy some tactical genius that you’ll overlook the fact that in the most important decisions he has - hiring assistants - he’s proven to be an incompetent hack at this, but you’ll still keep him and give him another shot at making hires?  

NFL GMs continuing to find solutions to the wrong problems. 

Last edited by Timpranillo

it's so true.

I don't think Trubisky is as bad as we're hoping for. He's definitely less than Watson or Mahomes but you can win with Trubisky. 

I saw a PFF stat (I think) Trubisky had a stretch (before the Packer game) was in the top 5 QB's over the previous 4-5 games. 

Ryan Pace -- is not a good GM. That trade up with SF, will be his undoing. I'm actually surprised he's still the GM after this season. But what do you expect....That's why they're TBSS!

😁

michiganjoe posted:

Now official.

lol

And now that Nagy has fired his brain trust in order to save himself, his phone will just be burning up with interest from potential quality assistants. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.