Skip to main content

Found on the internet:

The coach had put together the perfect team for the Chicago Bears. The only thing that was missing was a good quarterback.
He had scouted all the colleges and even the Canadian and European Leagues, but he couldn't find a ringer who could ensure a Super Bowl win.
Then one night while watching CNN he saw a war-zone scene in the West Bank.
In one corner of the background, he spotted a young Israeli soldier with a truly incredible arm. He threw a hand-grenade straight into a 15th story window 100 yards away. KABOOM!
He threw another hand-grenade 75 yards away, right into a chimney. KA-BLOOEY!
Then he threw another at a passing car going 90 mph. BULLS-EYE!
"I've got to get this guy!" Coach said to himself. "He has the perfect arm!"
So, he brings him to the States and teaches him the great game of football.
And the Bears go on to win the Super Bowl.
The young man is hailed as the great hero of football, and when the coach asks him what he wants, all the young man wants is to call his mother.
"Mom," he says into the phone, "I just won the Super Bowl!"
"I don't want to talk to you, the old woman says. "You are not my son!"
"I don't think you understand, Mother," the young man pleads. "I've won the greatest sporting event in the world. I'm here among thousands of my adoring fans."
"No! Let me tell you!" his mother retorts. "At this very moment, there are gunshots all around us. The neighborhood is a pile of rubble. Your two brothers were beaten within an inch of their lives last week, and I have to keep your sister in the house so she doesn't get raped!" The old lady pauses, and then tearfully says...
"I will never forgive you for making us move to Chicago!!!"

Las Vegas Raiders star Davante Adams will not face an assault charge stemming from an incident last October.

The Kansas City Star reported Friday that a prosecutor dismissed a misdemeanor assault charge against the All-Pro wide receiver. The incident occurred after a game against the Kansas City Chiefs, when Adams allegedly shoved video production crew member Park Zebley.

@Fedya posted:

What does that have to do with the B**rs?

It is example of how to "screw the pooch" a different way - so to speak.  Instead of getting players like Chase Carpool, Cutler, and Jones who give less than maximum effort and complain about other teams fans, they should replace them with guys who slug other people and end up in court.  Tyreek Hill and Adams would be exhibits A & B along those lines.  The Bears just need to shake their non-confrontational, name calling way and replace them with guys who take action - if you could call it that. 

@mrtundra posted:

Packers' fans asking: " Justin Who???" This guy is asking for a beatdown with Jordan Love wearing the belt and announcing how he, now, owns the Bears. A new era of dominating the Bears is upon us. I cannot wait!

I married in to a family that is half Bores fans.  To their credit they aren't real obnoxious about it but they at times can be if they are drinking.  They were razzing me lately about Rodgers and all I said its cool because he isn't our QB anymore and how do you feel about new ownership coming your way soon?

@Fandame posted:

Fields hasn't proven he can read a defense yet as a QB, and his running won't save him forever. You should feel pretty good!

I am trying to understand how Fields is getting so much attention this preseason.  Yes he is a great runner but sooner or later that running is going to get himself hurt and he is going to have to throw the ball. 

What is really tough in my house is that many of you know I don't live far from O$U and with that comes being surrounded by their fans and the world's biggest O$U fan may be my wife. We will watch each others sports teams and generally root for them.  But, that went out the window for me about Fields and the fact that I cannot and will NOT root for him now.   And yes I get in trouble but the couch is worth it for every Packers win over that team.

@The Heckler posted:

I am trying to understand how Fields is getting so much attention this preseason.  Yes he is a great runner but sooner or later that running is going to get himself hurt and he is going to have to throw the ball.

What is really tough in my house is that many of you know I don't live far from O$U and with that comes being surrounded by their fans and the world's biggest O$U fan may be my wife. We will watch each others sports teams and generally root for them.  But, that went out the window for me about Fields and the fact that I cannot and will NOT root for him now.   And yes I get in trouble but the couch is worth it for every Packers win over that team.

I am assuming Fields is a really high scoring player in fantasy football with all that damn running around he does. Fantasy football skews reality in football.

"Taking one for the team" is an admirable quality, Heckler.
I empathize and sympathize.

Call me crazy, but I think there is a 'hype' in the media to 'prove' that NFL teams can win with a running QB instead of a traditional pocket passer.
This isn't our Father's NFL, ya know...
So Lamar, Jaylen, Justin and others get a lot of publicity and support from the talking heads. And, yeah, it's true there are games they will win by running/scrambling, but it's still not a recipe for long-term success.

Last edited by Timmy!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.