Skip to main content

Cavetoad posted:

**** this STUPID love for Casey Heyward.

The guy was a stiff, couldn't play outside and consistently got beat in the slot.

NOBODY wanted him back.  It's the most asinine argument about TT mistakes I have ever seen.  The guy sucked.  Slow and no awareness after he got hurt. 

Non of you nostradumbasses knew he was going to come back and have a decent year in the AFC.

Get a clue, all of you begging for him to come back were the same ones that wanted him gone.  Idots.

It's fans being fans in the middle of a loss. There were times when 2014 thru 2016 Tramon Williams sounded like a better alternative than what we have. I hope the problem with the Packers CB's is youth because Randall and Rollins really struggled for 2nd year players. Given where they were drafted.

Va. Packer posted:
Cavetoad posted:

**** this STUPID love for Casey Heyward.

The guy was a stiff, couldn't play outside and consistently got beat in the slot.

NOBODY wanted him back.  It's the most asinine argument about TT mistakes I have ever seen.  The guy sucked.  Slow and no awareness after he got hurt. 

Non of you nostradumbasses knew he was going to come back and have a decent year in the AFC.

Get a clue, all of you begging for him to come back were the same ones that wanted him gone.  Idots.

It's fans being fans in the middle of a loss. There were times when 2014 thru 2016 Tramon Williams sounded like a better alternative than what we have. I hope the problem with the Packers CB's is youth because Randall and Rollins really struggled for 2nd year players. Given where they were drafted.

Their injuries really hurt their development...

Pack-Man posted:
Hungry5 posted:
Pack-Man posted:

I hope Ted does retire after this game. Let Wolf take over. You know he'll listen to his dad's advice about signing an impact free agent from time to time.

So Thompson hasn't signed an impact free agent from time to time? 

Not enough. Jared Cook obviously wasn't enough for this team.

Nor was Woodson.

Goalline posted:
Pack-Man posted:
Hungry5 posted:
Pack-Man posted:

I hope Ted does retire after this game. Let Wolf take over. You know he'll listen to his dad's advice about signing an impact free agent from time to time.

Nor was Woodson.

Woodson was signed to a large, multiyear contract. Ryan Pickett also signed one.  That was 11 years ago.

Pack-Man posted:
Hungry5 posted:
Pack-Man posted:

Woodson and Pickett helped get them a SB, just like Reggie, Dotson, and Jackson did under Wolf.

Pack-Man posted:
Goalline posted:
Pack-Man posted:
Hungry5 posted:
Pack-Man posted:

Nor was Woodson.

Woodson was signed to a large, multiyear contract. Ryan Pickett also signed one.  That was 11 years ago.

Well, they both sucked.

Silverstein again

I'm not saying it isn't. I think a change in philosophy is most important in the front office. I don't know how many times I can say it but they need to consider more mid- to low-level free agents to overcome all the injuries they typically have. If they don't start 4-6 with all the injuries, they might have had a bye and been playing at home. Winning nine games in a row is really, really hard. And not having a bye in the playoffs is really, really hard.

MichiganPacker2 posted:

Silverstein again

I'm not saying it isn't. I think a change in philosophy is most important in the front office. I don't know how many times I can say it but they need to consider more mid- to low-level free agents to overcome all the injuries they typically have. If they don't start 4-6 with all the injuries, they might have had a bye and been playing at home. Winning nine games in a row is really, really hard. And not having a bye in the playoffs is really, really hard.

How would signing mid or low tier free agents counter the injuries?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.