Skip to main content

Positives:

-Janis had no miscommunications with the QB.  He's turned the corner on route running.  Possible pro bowler this year.  

-No low character plays for Adams.  He's back on track.  Likely pro bowler this year.  

Negatives:

-Offense put up 0 points.  Poor play calling by MM.  Time to go back to Clements?

-Jordy held to 0 zero catches.  Clearly not back from ACL.  IR? 

-Lacy averaged 0.0 yards per carry.  Weight still an issue.  First cut? 

Last edited by CUPackFan
Dr._Bob posted:
CUPackFan posted:

Positives:

-No low character plays for Adams.  He's back on track.  Likely pro bowler this year.  

I've got to disagree here.  This is just more evidence that Adams is a quitter.

You're right.  Looking back over the film, saw zero effort out of him.  Didn't even show up on film.  Invisible.  It's almost like he didn't even leave the lockerroom.  Head wasn't in the game today.  

McCarthy: I want to thank Packers fans. We were looking forward to performing tonight, but end of day about player safety."

McCarthy: “It was important to get into real football. You get tired of practicing against ourselves. We’ll have to wait until Friday."

McCarthy on Favre playing: "We only had 2 QBs so I was thinking about it."

Randall Cobb: “I think most disappointing part is (fans) not getting a game from us. But most important thing is player safety."

Cobb: “We want to get back into who we are, that big explosive offense.

Rodgers spills the beans that Jordy Nelson might be back next week. First I’ve heard of any timetable for his return.

Rodgers: “I think Richard Rodgers has had a great training camp for us and hope we get Jordy back on the field next week."

Rodgers: I wanted to see our young receivers. Wanted to see Trevor Davis catch some over the top throws. Really wanted to see Davonte Adams.

Rodgers mentions Geronimo Allison, said he really wanted to see him play as well. Feels bad Callahan and Williams didn’t get to play.

I've seen this with different sports at different levels when the game site does not normally host games. Every NFL / college has a full-time grounds crew that is employed by the team. With Canton only playing one game, who do they employ for their grounds crew? Do they use the local high school's crew? Whoever was in charge of the field did not appear to have expertise in this particular type of field. 

Gotta agree with ya, Boris. This will be dissected ad nauseam, but the bottom line is this is a big black eye on the NFL at a time when they cannot afford more negative publicity. 

They might not have been responsible for the field's condition (my understanding is that the NFL HoF is solely responsible for the preparations, including the field care), but the buck stops with the league. This was to be an NFL sanctioned game, and the onus to make sure that the conditions are acceptable should rest with Goodell and his minions. How there weren't NFL officials at least overseeing the preparation is mind boggling to me. And now, a lot of good people who paid good money to be at the game are getting disappointed. They'll get the ticket price refunded, and it looks like the Hall of Fame is doing everything they can to make the night exciting as it can be sans actual football (announcing the HoF inductees, interviews, players meeting with the fans, etc), but there's no making up for the time and effort (not to mention travel expenses) expended by the fans just to get to Canton. Free passes to the Hall of Fame might be a nice olive branch, but that assumes that the fans can take the time off, and travel to Ohio again, to use them. 

At the same time, I applaud David Baker for the decision made here. Regardless of where the blame ultimately rests, the well being of the men on the field is of paramount importance. He got some boos when the actual announcement was made to the fans in attendance (frustration, I'm sure, not directed at him personally), but he did the right thing. The Hall is non profit, and they stand to lose $4 million in gate receipts (and the NFL with all their millions BETTER refund the Hall for 100% of that money). But the Hall of Fame has always been about the men that have played the game, and Baker has my respect for making a tough call. 

"What is necessary is never unwise."

cuqui posted:

I'm back home up nort and fighting with the crappy wifi, but have to say this is one of the biggest cluster****s ever.

If you're in Vilas County right now, just stop.

Stop it.

Stop right now.

Nothing can be wrong.  Ride the bike.  Fish.  Get to the A-1.  Fish some more.  Chase a loon.  While fishing.

Stare at the fire.

Tell two stories.  One has to be mostly true.

Hug your loved ones.

Watch out for Indians and black flies.  But mostly Indians.

Been out for two weeks now.  Cannot wait until next year.

Jesus.  I love it up there so much.  So very much.

Last edited by Brak

More details coming out. They used the wrong paint & noticed it was not drying. tried using heat to dry the paint which melted the rubber pellets that the field is made of. When the pellets cooled, they hardened to form a solid surface in some places, & a tar-like consistency in other places. Sounds like the ground crew was not familiar with working this type of field.

FLPACKER posted:

More details coming out. They used the wrong paint & noticed it was not drying. tried using heat to dry the paint which melted the rubber pellets that the field is made of. When the pellets cooled, they hardened to form a solid surface in some places, & a tar-like consistency in other places. Sounds like the ground crew was not familiar with working this type of field.

Grounds crew decided they could get in a quick 18 holes this morning before painting the field.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.