Skip to main content

michiganjoe posted:

An unbelievable stat.

Yeah, and my post a page ago is crazy. He's lost that mental edge, his sharpness.

If it was AR's first bad night in a year, or even his second or maybe third, it would be understandable. But he's been waaaaaay off since the bye last year. Just not the same guy. 

Why do I feel like it was us playing our SB tonight?

lovepack posted:
Goalline posted:
lovepack posted:

I am done with McCarthy and Capers. Have been for years.

You were done before they started. Doesn't count.

Come on now, I was the one.....

Who comes here to piss & moan when the Packers lose. And are nowhere to be found for constructive discussion.

GTFO! 

packmon posted:

Rodgers has a bad night and some of you act like he's Jake Delhomme or something. Good lord.

Did you see this?

Our offense and AR in particular look off.  However, the bears suck and the queens just lost AP for most of the season (I'm thinking he broke his fibula).  I'm more worried about the loins.  Starting 1-2 would be bad, but not the end of the world.  

packmon posted:

Rodgers has a bad night and some of you act like he's Jake Delhomme or something. Good lord.

Look at his numbers since the Denver game last year. They've fallen off a cliff and the team has a 6-8 record. 

This isn't a blip or a bad game, unfortunately. 

San Doggy posted:

Aaron and the rest of the offense will bounce back next week. Lots of home cookin' coming up here over the next 5 weeks. 

Why? gut feeling? Not likely given the recent run of less than mediocrity

packmon posted:

With all due respect sir, if you think this is just one bad night for AR you haven't been paying attention.  While still very good, he hasn't been great since 2014.  

Last edited by Pakrz

Zimmer knows how to prep a defense to give Rodgers fits. Props to them on this night, but what's disconcerting is mm or ar not involving more guys. Even Cobb was Mia for good portions tonight. They have two pass catching tight ends. They have possession wrs and a rb who can get upfield with screens. Mix it up. Make them guess once in a while. Rodgers played poorly but this offense needs a shot in the arm.

excalibur posted:
packmon posted:

Did you see this?

This is exactly what I'm talking about.  At some point we need to take an honest look at AR instead of blaming everybody else.  

DocBenni posted:

Our offense and AR in particular look off.  However, the bears suck and the queens just lost AP for most of the season (I'm thinking he broke his fibula).  I'm more worried about the loins.  Starting 1-2 would be bad, but not the end of the world.  

Queens are better without Peterson. 31 carries for 50 yards this year.  They lost their qb and RB and actually got better. 

Last edited by The GBP Rules

The organization is failing Aaron Rodgers, not the other way around. There simply is not enough talent on that offense. Tonight, AR was bad. But the systemic issue here is the lack of talent.

Last edited by packmon

AR will get it together, as will the offense. Nelson is already making his presence felt. They need more time to get in sync. What concerns me most is the play calling. It's been horrible. 36 passes, 20 runs (23 is the stat, but three were runs by Aaron when he had to scramble). That's not balanced, especially when the passing game is off. If anything, we should have been running a little more than we were passing. Eddie had some good runs. And get Cobb out of the backfield. A couple times a game is one thing, but we have backs that can take that punishment. Little Randall is going to get killed by some 275 lb d-end. 

I have all the confidence in the world, when it comes to Aaron. Believe me, there is nobody in the state of Wisconsin that is more pissed about his performance tonight than #12 is pissed at himself. There's nothing physically wrong with him. It's a matter of more work, getting on the same page as the receivers. It will happen. 

Hungry5 posted:

Sounds like exactly what was being said last year and the adjustments never came.

Boris posted:

Classic Packers in early September.

They play like dog$hit & are right there to win it at the end, then blow it.

Rodgers was off all game long. 

Throwing high to Jordy over the middle of the field. Throw short to Cook. Then the last throw, inside to Adams when he always throws it to the sideline.

Classic Packers in early September when they haven't played in the pre-season.

Classic Stupid Face, but Rodgers way off.

lambeausouth posted:
packmon posted:

The organization is failing Aaron Rodgers, not the other way around. There simply is not enough talent on that offense.

Are you kidding me? 

Pakrz posted:
packmon posted:

The organization is failing Aaron Rodgers, not the other way around. There simply is not enough talent on that offense.

You've gotta be kidding me with that BS.  

Tonight, Rodgers was bad. No doubt. But where's the talent?

packmon posted:
lambeausouth posted:
packmon posted:

Are you kidding me? 

Pakrz posted:
packmon posted:

You've gotta be kidding me with that BS.  

Tonight, Rodgers was bad. No doubt. But where's the talent?

There is talent galore with Lacy, Cook, Jordy, Cobb, Monty, and Abby.  Come on now...

Boris posted:

Just another extended pre-season in early September.

Packers played terrible & Vikings only win by 3

I don't disagree... but this notion of not playing AR in the preseason is stupid.  This is exactly what you get out of it.  It's a stupid problem to have because it's so fixable.  

titmfatied posted:

cuqui, you're off.  Adams had the guy beat.  The throw was short

titm, I'll respond because I respect you like crazy. I don't disagree with what you said. I said it was a bad throw.

Where Adams messed up was not responding quickly enough nor correctly  to that pass. You can't contest a bad throw like that, especially when its relatively low, when you jump in the air. You lose all ability to change direction, drive back towards the ball or whatever adjustment you need to make. It's WR 101, you don't leave your feet unless its absolutely needed to make the catch. Adams does this a lot, BTW.

I'm off the board for awhile if not permanently. All the negative crap from so many erstwhile Packer fans in the game threads is just too disconcerting. 

I shouldn't lose my cool like I did. If I'm going to get mad I'll do it in private where I won't insult or offend anybody.

slowmo, I apologize.

Have a good life, everybody.

GO PACK GO

Last edited by ilcuqui
cuqui posted:
titmfatied posted:

cuqui, you're off.  Adams had the guy beat.  The throw was short

titm, I'll respond because I respect you like crazy. I don't disagree with what you said. I said it was a bad throw.

Where Adams messed up was not responding quickly enough nor correctly  to that pass. You can't contest a bad throw like that, especially when its relatively low, when you jump in the air. You lose all ability to change direction, drive back towards the ball or whatever adjustment you need to make. It's WR 101, you don't leave your feet unless its absolutely needed to make the catch.

I'm off the board for awhile if not permanently. All the negative crap from so many erstwhile Packer fans in the game threads is just too disconcerting. 

I shouldn't lose my cool like I did. If I'm going to get mad I'll do it in private where I won't insult or offend anybody.

slowmo, I apologize.

Have a good life, everybody.

GO PACK GO

No need to apologize.  I do agree the gameday threads are getting ridiculous, with every bad play leading to "game over", "fire this guy or that guy", etc.  You would have thought we were being beaten by three touchdowns  the entire game, instead of  being  only down 3 on our final drive.

Talent, Packmon? Let's look at the team we just lost to. Would you rather have their receivers or ours as a whole? Would you rather have their secondary or ours? Would you rather have our Oline or theirs? What about the Dline? Linebackers?

I'd take their Dline, but I'd take our Oline before theirs; our guys opened some running holes, Peterson had nowhere to go. I'd take our receivers as a group, but I'd sure like to have Diggs. I like our secondary as a whole, but Randall stunk tonight. Linebackers? Theirs are a bit better now, but ours will suffice. 

I like AR over the long haul, but if Bradford gets in a groove and his line can give him time, he could be much more than adequate. AR needs to get his head out of his arse.

So that leaves... coaches. Zimmer's a heck of a D coach, although Dom did well tonight (why he didn't give Randall more help on Diggs is a mystery). Hate to say it, but Turner called a far better game tonight than MM. He exploited Randall's bad day to a T. 

It all comes back to the head coach and playcaller.

As pointed out the Pack played a poor game and still only lost by 3, on the road against a division rival fired up opening a new stadium.  Lots of talent we have there on offense that has it's health.  McCarthy's teams always bounce back well after tough losses. Nice home stretch with a bye week in there coming up.

Last edited by San Doggy

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.