Skip to main content

Diggs wasn't t any more open tonight than Adams and Jordy were on several occasions.  The difference was that Bradford stepped into his throws and hit him in stride while Rodgers threw off his back foot and consistently under threw them.

Last edited by BrainDed
Pakrz posted:
packmon posted:
lambeausouth posted:
packmon posted:

The organization is failing Aaron Rodgers, not the other way around. There simply is not enough talent on that offense.

Are you kidding me? 

Pakrz posted:
packmon posted:

The organization is failing Aaron Rodgers, not the other way around. There simply is not enough talent on that offense.

You've gotta be kidding me with that BS.  

Tonight, Rodgers was bad. No doubt. But where's the talent?

There is talent galore with Lacy, Cook, Jordy, Cobb, Monty, and Abby.  Come on now...

Honestly, what have Monty and Abby really done thus far in their careers?

Rodgers throwing off his back foot and not stepping into his throws makes me wonder if he's gun shy about getting injured. Didn't he have some "minor" knee surgery after last year? When AR does step into his throws, they have zip and are on target.

YooperPackfan posted:
Pakrz posted:
packmon posted:
lambeausouth posted:
packmon posted:

Are you kidding me? 

Pakrz posted:
packmon posted:

You've gotta be kidding me with that BS.  

Tonight, Rodgers was bad. No doubt. But where's the talent?

There is talent galore with Lacy, Cook, Jordy, Cobb, Monty, and Abby.  Come on now...

Honestly, what have Monty and Abby really done thus far in their careers?

They haven't been given an opportunity to do so.  For whatever stupid ****ing reason, MM keeps trotting Adams' sorry ass out on the field ahead of them. 

Everyone loses their cool on gameday.  I do it every week. It's what makes football fun.  This game was more frustrating than most.  It was there to be had and our best players didn't play their best. I'd also be lying if I didn't say winning the first game in the new building made me want this game a wee bit more. 

This week is about how they respond.  They're going to have to move on quick. 

It was pretty frustrating to watch tonight's showing from the stands.  There were some good drives, but the focus seems a little off.  They're used to having things just work, but it's not been working recently.  One thing I did not like seeing was all of the back foot throwing/underthrows/overthrows.  But, our schedule and the early bye week should help in getting timing back.

R-E-L-A-X: We are in week two and this was supposedly the toughest game on the schedule.  I had 13-3 for this team (and still do) with this as a loss.

Last edited by NumberThree
packmon posted:
Boris posted:

Name a team with better skill position talent?

Arizona Cardinals.

Also a Super Bowl contender that LOST in week #1

Any other teams? Because short of Pittsburgh, there really isn't anyone. 

Yeah, not even the Patriots.

The Packers are oozing talent. Their problem is coaching & mental, not physical

Fandame posted:

Didn't he have some "minor" knee surgery after last year?

He did.  I also think there's a possibility he hurt his arm/elbow/shoulder last year and they hid it. He's known for his accuracy, but the last 15 games it's wildly inconsistent. 

Coaching... yea, I'm on board with that.  I think we all like to defend our own a little too much.  MM made some bonehead calls tonight, but we can learn from that kind of dumb and improve.  What is starting to become very obvious though is how predictable the offense seems to be.  If 5 drunk Packer fans on a couch know what GB is going to do on offense, you can bet your last ****ing dollar opposing NFL coaching staffs do as well.  

Last edited by Pakrz
packmon posted:

I guess we have different definitions of talent. I'll just leave it at that. gotta trust TT and MM, as we always have.

Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb were both Pro Bowlers in '14, Jordy setting the Packers franchise record with over 1,500 yards receiving, while also grabbing 98 catches and 14 (or was it 15) TD. This on a franchise that has had Don Hutson, James Lofton, and Sterling Sharpe play the position. Eddie Lacy is a Pro Bowler, too. 

How many teams in the NFL, right now, are lining up a Pro Bowl RB, and two Pro Bowl WR, on every play? Not many I can think of. Look at the NFC. Chicago? Nope. When they had Forte, Marshall and Jeffery. Not now. Detroit? Nope. Minny? Nope. Dallas, Washington, New York, Philly? Nope x 4. The Giants have Beckham and Cruz at wide out (though Cruz is a shadow of his former self), but no Pro Bowl RB. New Orleans? Seattle? St. Louis? Arizona? San Fran? Nopes again. To my knowledge, Green Bay is the only team in the NFC with 2 Pro Bowl wide outs, and a Pro Bowl halfback. 

I'd say that's pretty good talent around Rodgers. 

Last edited by lambeausouth
Pakrz posted:

Coaching... yea, I'm on board with that.  I think we all like to defend our own a little too much.  MM made some bonehead calls tonight, but we can learn from that kind of dumb and improve.  What is starting to become very obvious though is how predictable the offense seems to be.  If 5 drunk Packer fans on a couch know what GB is going to do on offense, you can bet your last ****ing dollar opposing NFL coaching staffs do as well.  

It's been that way for a while now.  Reporters even questioning him about it last year and that's how we got the "we do what we do" gem.

The difference from tonight compared to our struggles last year was how obvious it was that Rodgers isn't playing at the level we assume he will play at.   Guys were open, even Adams, and he under threw them.  It led to some PI's, but if he hits them in stride we're all here talking about how Jordy impacts the offense. 

Last year we laid blame at Jordy's absence. It's now painfully obvious it wasn't that. It's a stale offense. I'm afraid this year looks like another one-and-done at year's end, and another talent-full, wasted year.

Boris posted:
packmon posted:
Boris posted:

Arizona Cardinals.

Also a Super Bowl contender that LOST in week #1

Any other teams? Because short of Pittsburgh, there really isn't anyone. 

Yeah, not even the Patriots.

The Packers are oozing talent. Their problem is coaching & mental, not physical

then I guess this is the least productive 'talented' offense I've ever seen.

Boris posted:

Classic Packers in early September.

They play like dog$hit & are right there to win it at the end, then blow it.

Rodgers was off all game long. 

Throwing high to Jordy over the middle of the field. Throw short to Cook. Then the last throw, inside to Adams when he always throws it to the sideline.

Classic Packers in early September when they haven't played in the pre-season.

Classic Packer loss. They beat themselves more often then the other team beats them.

Boris posted:

I'd probably have to give the nod to Arizona. Their receivers are likely better overall and Johnson is a rising star.

Pittsburgh also. 

Jacksonville's front-line receivers of Robinson, Hurns and Thomas are better, but the Packers have better depth. 

Last edited by Herschel

The Packers have depth that isn't being used. Abbrederis is a superior route runner- yet doesn't seem to get the opportunity. 

This team needs to move the sticks with timing and execution. Enough with the 30 yards pops where Rodgers has to dance around for 6 seconds. You need to soften up a D before you do that. 

And when you're in a dog fight where every point counts KICK THE F***ING Fg, Mike!!! 

There is a fundamental disconnect between #12 & MM.

Unless and until this gets resolved this gets rectified, the Pack has no chance.

The team's identity is their explosive Offense. However, the O is not average at this point, it is way below average and has been for some time.

Explosive offense? Given the past 14 games, more likely implode offense. AR and MM are trying too hard for explosive plays. Last night we saw Rodgers again dancing around looking for the big play when 10-15 yard plays were right in front of him. We saw MM give up on the run way toooo soon, even when Lacy was pounding it. Our biggest downfield plays were PIs.

Last night we were at our best when we took what the D gave us, moved the chains, and stayed patient. What's wrong with grinding out a win 4 to 10 yards at a time? Yes, take a shot now and then, but this looking for the home run every other play has got to end.

watching the replay of the Patriots game, they had a 3rd string rookie come in(JB- Go WolfPack!) and didnt miss a beat in that system. guys running open all over the place and a dedicated progression. its amazing to watch.

Same with Cassel, Garapolo, etc.  

We used to have an efficient offensive system, now we're running what looks like sandlot football with a gunshy QB who throws off his backfoot. its disaster. they need to use the bye to scrap this **** theyre trying now. Where is Cook, Cobb, Monty?  Stop with the heaves to Adams

Last edited by WolfPack

Well, AR has come close to losing me. We need more explosive plays? What more does he need to show him they just aren't there right now? This "explosive plays" stuff is so overblown... How do explosive plays happen? You play the run and short game to open up the explosive play and you hope for a couple explodes a game. Today's Ds are more sophisticated to take away those explosive plays, especially when teams know AR is looking for them. Trying to make 20 explosive plays a game just doesn't work. Take what you can get, move the chains, and go big only when you feel you can. Stop trying to force it!

Anyone at the game? How was the stadium, in your opinion? Was it hot, temperature wise, as some say it was? I'll never understand why the vikings built and indoor stadium for football and the Twins have a domeless stadium for baseball. It's hilarious watching the Twins juggle their schedule so they don't have a home game in the snow, in April. When I bring up the fact that the vikings fans are wimps for not building an outdoor stadium they hiss and boo me and say that they want to be comfortable watching a game. That's why I'm asking if it was hot in there.

Thunderbird posted:

Saw this posted by Ned Flanders in another thread, MR. Tundra:

https://packers.timesfour.com/t...2#524148058559962632

Thank you Thunderbird! A friend of mine went to see the new stadium a few weeks ago and said he felt a little sick to his stomach when he went to the upper deck where the seating is very steep. He also felt it would be hot when filled with people. I went to a Packers/vikings game in the Metronome and had seats right under the replay screen in the upper deck. When the screen came on to show a replay, the lighting in the screen made it really hot for the people sitting in front of it. 

Last edited by mrtundra

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.