Skip to main content

turnip blood posted:

The Packers will win today, but McCarthy and his conservative plying calling in the 2nd half really hurts them.

I'd disagree. They had two drives that didn't result in points in 2nd half. One ended when Cobb/Rodgers couldn't connect on the contested catch. The other drive started with MM calling play action and Rodgers hitting a wide open Trevor Davis in the hands for what would have been a 20-25 yard gain at least and the rookie dropped it. 

Packwarrior posted:

Good win. This D worries me, and MM's play calling is the problem for the O, not Rodgers or any one on the team. Time for MM to go as this team will not win another SB with him at the helm.

Did you see who the Packers had playing D today? DT Price was on the PS to start the week, and then DBs Price and Hawkins who are normally inactive are playing a lot.

MichiganPacker2 posted:
turnip blood posted:

The Packers will win today, but McCarthy and his conservative plying calling in the 2nd half really hurts them.

I'd disagree. They had two drives that didn't result in points in 2nd half. One ended when Cobb/Rodgers couldn't connect on the contested catch. The other drive started with MM calling play action and Rodgers hitting a wide open Trevor Davis in the hands for what would have been a 20-25 yard gain at least and the rookie dropped it. 

Please there were 3 drives were the Packers went very conservative. The Packers do not have a ball control offence. Broaden your  scope look at past seasons they played the same way. But do not reference last year injury riddled team.

Since I wrote this a  bunch of poster seem to think the same thing as I do about  the play calling.

Last edited by turnip blood
Hungry5 posted:
Packwarrior posted:

Good win. This D worries me, and MM's play calling is the problem for the O, not Rodgers or any one on the team. Time for MM to go as this team will not win another SB with him at the helm.

Did you see who the Packers had playing D today? DT Price was on the PS to start the week, and then DBs Price and Hawkins who are normally inactive are playing a lot.

Agreed that they are playing with a short deck, but Shields won't be back for some time and if Burnett is out too, these DBs are completely lost. Injuries are part of the flow, and we can't use that excuse as Lions were thin too. All I said was that this D worries me. I did not say anything more.

Packwarrior posted:
Hungry5 posted:
Packwarrior posted:

Agreed that they are playing with a short deck, but Shields won't be back for some time and if Burnett is out too, these DBs are completely lost. Injuries are part of the flow, and we can't use that excuse as Lions were thin too. All I said was that this D worries me. I did not say anything more.

Doesn't help that TT is obsessed with having one of the youngest teams in the league. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.