Skip to main content

MichiganPacker2 posted:
Herschel posted:

Pretty amazing to think how long we've had a great QB (25 years). Aikman is only three years older than Favre, but retired/went in to the Hall 10 years prior.

It's been a good run. 

I told that to a queen fan last week......I actually said you'll feel now how we have felt for the last 20 years.  How does the fall happen so fast???      

bandit posted:

This team is seriously broken on offense, but MM is to blind to see it.

MM didn't miss Cobb wide open in the end zone. MM didn't fumble at the 3 on first down with poor ball security. MM didn't throw a terrible interception right to a safety with no pressure to start the second half. The Packers are paying Rodgers 110 million dollars over 5 years to be a Pro Bowl level player. He's missed throws today that Hornibrook would be criticized for missing as a redshirt freshman QB. Other than benching Rodgers what's he supposed to do? 

MichiganPacker2 posted:
bandit posted:

MM didn't miss Cobb wide open in the end zone. MM didn't fumble at the 3 on first down with poor ball security. MM didn't throw a terrible interception right to a safety with no pressure to start the second half. The Packers are paying Rodgers 110 million dollars over 5 years to be a Pro Bowl level player. He's missed throws today that Hornibrook would be criticized for missing as a redshirt freshman QB. Other than benching Rodgers what's he supposed to do? 

But ultimately the head coach is responsible for everything

MichiganPacker2 posted:
bandit posted:

And it's MMs job to fix it, no matter what it takes. It's going to cost him his job, this just didn't start this year. 

FLPACKER posted:
MichiganPacker2 posted:
bandit posted:

Ultimately yes, but Rodgers is a future Hall of Famer. It's not like MM is calling that plays that aren't giving him a chance to be successful. He's had opportunities. As I said, other than benching Rodgers, what's MM supposed to do? I'm sure it's pretty likely MM has told Rodgers he is not performing at the level he needs to in private. MM doesn't call guys out publicly, it's not his MO. Maybe he should? 

Blair Kiel posted:
PackerPatrick posted:

Aaron padding stats no chance for the win

Are you as braid-dead in real life as you are on this board?

Well, you may be right I DID have a TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) when in Iraq. I admit to posting silly things for my reverse psychology vodoo attempt to get the game in hand. It has worked a few times.

Sorry if I offended.

MichiganPacker2 posted:
FLPACKER posted:
MichiganPacker2 posted:
bandit posted:

Ultimately yes, but Rodgers is a future Hall of Famer. It's not like MM is calling that plays that aren't giving him a chance to be successful. He's had opportunities. As I said, other than benching Rodgers, what's MM supposed to do? I'm sure it's pretty likely MM has told Rodgers he is not performing at the level he needs to in private. MM doesn't call guys out publicly, it's not his MO. Maybe he should? 

Didn't Sherman bench Favre in game against the Jets for poor play, in the mid 90s?

Va. Packer posted:
packaddict posted:

This team is going no where this year.  MM will be fired and we start over. 

He isn't going anywhere. We'll give Gunter the Brandon Bostick award (and that's unfair to Bostick really-he screwed up once) and go on.

That's a special award reserved for the playoffs.

BTW that pass then run is game.

MichiganPacker2 posted:
FLPACKER posted:
MichiganPacker2 posted:
bandit posted:

A lot of season left, but if things don't get better, it is easier to get rid of MM than AR. 

FLPACKER posted:
MichiganPacker2 posted:
FLPACKER posted:
MichiganPacker2 posted:
bandit posted:

A lot of season left, but if things don't get better, it is easier to get rid of MM than AR. 

I agree, but if Rodgers is the problem how would getting rid of a top 20 coach by winning percentage all time to bring in an unknown? 

lambeausouth posted:

Our defensive strategy, apparently, is to let Elliot run so much that he collapses. 

Completely embarrassing performance. Three, maybe four guys (Monty, Crosby and Lacy for sure) get passes from me. And, the O line has played pretty well. The rest of the team....completely let down. They didn't show up today. 

They will show up to collect their paychecks 

justanotherpackerfan posted:

I have learned today that I am not as emotionally invested in this team as I have been in the past.  I'm just sitting here watching bad football and not upset or angry.  I'm just soulless.

I've been thinking the same thing. In my case, it's more related to the fact I feel guilty watching football when as a biomedical research I know what's happening to guys who get head injuries (either full-blown concussions or the multiple sub-concussive blows). 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.