Skip to main content

antiworst posted:
Blair Kiel posted:
antiworst posted:

Everything is okay, right BK? Lmfao....

It's funny you would say that--I had an anal wart removed that looked like you so in a way, it's appropriate you were laughing your ass off.

The Packers may suck this year....

...you suck every year.

LOL...you had an anal wart? Who would've thought? You're a cartoon...own it.

You calling out someone to 'own' something is about as reasonable as a used car salesman saying the purchase has a lifetime guarantee.

Fraud.

MichiganPacker2 posted:
CAPackFan95 posted:
MichiganPacker2 posted:

I agree, but if Rodgers is the problem how would getting rid of a top 20 coach by winning percentage all time to bring in an unknown? 

lol

I know people love to rip on MM, but he is #11 all time in winning percentage among coaches with more than 50 wins? The guy at #10 is Belichick. He's also been to NFC Championship games with 2 different QBs. Not many coaches can say that. 

12 is the problem right now.

Grave Digger posted:

Time to move on now. Some of you get too wound up over this ****. I get a little frustrated because I obviously want GB to win, but this is nothing to get pissed about. The NFL has been boring this year and this Packers team isn't dominating. Wake me up when we haven't made the playoffs, otherwise we have a lot of season to go.

Yes.  

Thank you.

MichiganPacker2 posted:

In the category of how stats are misleading, Rodgers QB rating today was 90.8 which raised his rating for the year. 

and some brain dead poster said that he was padding his stats

mr21mr21 posted:
MichiganPacker2 posted:

Maybe that's why you don't have WRs play running back? 

TT completely failed with forming the roster resulting in relying on WRs playing this many snaps at RB

It does seem like wherever the Packers gamble with depth bites them on the rear of late. But they also appeared to have a ton of depth at CB and that went up like kindling.

Blair Kiel posted:
Grave Digger posted:

Time to move on now. Some of you get too wound up over this ****. I get a little frustrated because I obviously want GB to win, but this is nothing to get pissed about. The NFL has been boring this year and this Packers team isn't dominating. Wake me up when we haven't made the playoffs, otherwise we have a lot of season to go.

This.

Well done.

Agree. I've gotten this way about U.S. pro football, basketball and baseball. Only sports I now get excited about regularly are non-MLS futbol and ice hockey. Maybe because I'm a relative newbie in my ardor.

I just want the Packers to get in the tournament. Then I'll develop epileptic type symptoms, which I used to even experience even during water break reports from OTAs. Everything else is gravy at this point.

Last edited by ilcuqui
Cavetoad posted:
MichiganPacker2 posted:
CAPackFan95 posted:
MichiganPacker2 posted:

I agree, but if Rodgers is the problem how would getting rid of a top 20 coach by winning percentage all time to bring in an unknown? 

lol

I know people love to rip on MM, but he is #11 all time in winning percentage among coaches with more than 50 wins? The guy at #10 is Belichick. He's also been to NFC Championship games with 2 different QBs. Not many coaches can say that. 

But 12's problem is MM's problem to fix. 

Cavetoad posted:
MichiganPacker2 posted:
CAPackFan95 posted:
MichiganPacker2 posted:

lol

Curious - how many years does MM get a pass from any and all accountability simply because he won a Super Bowl 6 years ago?  10?  20?  

I get that it's minimum 6.  Just trying to understand what the statute of limitations are here... 

It really is the first time I've thought to myself "It might be time for a change." 

The passing game doesn't work. We thought it was missing the playmaking of Jordy... it wasn't. 

When the Packers receivers can't get open for 5-7 seconds, it's not the talent... it's what they're doing. The game of football more than any sport relies on superior coaching. There was a time I thought that the Packers possessed this. Maybe they did. But after watching the Packer offense deteriorate before my eyes over the last 23 games, it's time to make the tough decision as an organization.  

Last edited by Music City

I totally overreacted in the opener against Jacksonville (thanks IPAs) but in retrospect maybe they should really start thinking about making changes.  

It won't happen mid-season, but unless this team starts to show significant improvement I would send MM and Compers and the rest of the staff packing at the end of the year.  They have no mojo, the players look disinterested, and the playcalling and decision making by coaches has been awful. 

Change needed to be implemented during OTA's. Aaron Rodgers isn't what he was. But the db's are running our WR's routes sometimes with 4+ seconds of time in the pocket. That disastrous QB draw was obvious. The Packers offense is predictable. You can't be a pass first team and be predictable.

MM is basically Schottenheimer with a ring. He's a top 20 coach all time. He's made the playoffs 8 times in 10 years. He's had one losing season in 10 years. He's made it to the NFC Championship game 3 times in 10 years.

Right now, who would you rather have in the NFL as a head coach other than Belichick? Mike Zimmer maybe? The list is pretty short. Seriously, Darrell Bevell? The guy that called a pass play at the goal line in the Seattle-New England Super Bowl game with Marshawn Lynch available? 

Bevell gets a bad rap for that, Seattle was something like 1 for 4 running the ball in that situation during the season, and NE was in their goalline defense which would have left one defender unblocked on a run. Chances are that Lynch would have gone no where on a run. However a roll out pass / run option with Wilson seemed more logical. 

CAPackFan95 posted

Curious - how many years does MM get a pass from any and all accountability simply because he won a Super Bowl 6 years ago?  10?  20?  

I get that it's minimum 6.  Just trying to understand what the statute of limitations are here... 

He doesn't get a pass. But he isn't the reason we're spoiled into expecting 30+ points and 300+ passing yards every game. He also isn't in commercials or the public eye during the off season. Aaron Rodgers is. And Aaron Rodgers is a QB. 

I think the Packers have a lot of defects offensively not related to the QB and the QB isn't good enough to fix them. Can't prove it as long as the same play caller and system remains.  Rodgers was wearing the same defeated look all game as in Denver last year. I don't like that look. 

Boris posted:

It's time for some big changes in Green Bay.. Very big changes

Indeed it is, Boris. I wanted to be rid of MM last year. In reality, he wrecked the 2014 season with awful play calling settling for FG's in the NFCC game against Seattle.

But what about TT? Where is his responsibility here? Making the playoffs with AR playing as he used to play is no great achievement when you actually think about it. Having the best means they should have done more, and so far they haven't.

MichiganPacker2 posted:

MM is basically Schottenheimer with a ring. He's a top 20 coach all time. He's made the playoffs 8 times in 10 years. He's had one losing season in 10 years. He's made it to the NFC Championship game 3 times in 10 years.

Right now, who would you rather have in the NFL as a head coach other than Belichick? Mike Zimmer maybe? The list is pretty short. Seriously, Darrell Bevell? The guy that called a pass play at the goal line in the Seattle-New England Super Bowl game with Marshawn Lynch available? 

MM did it with 2 QB's named Favre and Rodgers. With Rodgers being all time incredible those years.

The team is stale, particularly the offense, in fact it is rancid.

The incredible Rodgers play covered a lot of warts, a lot of mediocrity surrounding the team. Now that he isn't playing at that level, all the warts, and the mediocrity, are more evident.

Last edited by excalibur
excalibur posted:
MichiganPacker2 posted:

MM did it with 2 QB's named Favre and Rodgers. With Rodgers being all time incredible those years.

The team is stale, particularly the offense, in fact it is rancid.

The incredible Rodgers play covered a lot of warts, a lot of mediocrity surrounding the team. Now that he isn't playing at that level, all the warts, and the mediocrity, are more evident.

The year before MM arrived as head coach, Favre had year where he threw for 20 TDS and 29 interceptions. Those numbers went to 18/18 in MM's first year and then 28/15 and an NFC Championship game. Rodgers was not exactly a sure thing when he arrived in GB and looked pretty ordinary in the preseason games during his first 2 years. MM had positive effects on both Favre and Rodgers. Maybe they need a shakeup, but often making a move away from a proven head coach to get someone new and shiny is more likely a step back. 

Apologies to MM. Rodgers checked to that QB draw himself. It was supposed to be a pass, which has its own issues, but the play call was on eAR per Tom Silverstein. Shots were taken at MM's late 1st half strategy. Some defense Capers tried at the beginning of the game that had Burnett playing LB and the players never adjusted. And of course Gunter. Who was asked to play the wide side of the field and could not do it.

If AR clearly doesn't have his head in the game as was apparent after his goal line fumble, they should have put Hundley in.  See if he can spark the offense and give AR a swift kick in the pants.  Doesn't mean he stays on the bench but sometimes you need to sit a pitcher.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.