Skip to main content

Goalline posted:

Wigan in the FA Cup? Shocking result. I thought this team was destined for the quadruple. Still think they win Champions league.

Too many damn injuries from 4 competitions. I'm actually OK with getting knocked out. We never play well on sloppy pitches with this squad.

I'll take Caribou Cup and PL title...UCL is gonna be a tall order...good as we are, Real and Barca are just way too tough.

Guardiola out-smarted himself. Fukked up lineup...puts a CB at LB vs Mo Salah...great result.

Puts Schnitzelboy Gundogan at CAM and rotates KDB up to RW and puts Sterling on the bench.

Not his most deft of moves...on top of some poor calls that negated 2 City goals, it was way too much to overcome.

The real kick in the balls...LFC wasn't that great. City was just ****e. Had LFC or City been playing Real or Barca, they'd have lost by 6-7 easily. LFC is gonna get corn-holed by either of the Spanish giants in the semis.

Chongo = PackFoo...sorry for the confusion.

Pep, for any shortcomings he has, is still the best manager City has had in decades. City is suffering from a multitude of issues right now, Pep's team selection vs 'Poo is only one of them.

For all their success, they still are not a particularly deep squad top to bottom in comparison to RM, Barca or Bayern. 

They also have very young guys in critical roles who still haven't learned about to deal with success...that's why you get guys like Sane, Jesus or Sterling being wildly inconsistent.

Right now, City lack a galactico. On their best day, guys like De Bruyne, Aguero or Silva can have a great performance, but there isn't one guy who can step up and take over a game like  Ronaldo, Messi or Lewandoski.

Additionally, City is seeing the results of playing in the most physical league in football. It's a lot different playing in La Liga or the BL.

City is still a year or two away because they just don't have the CDM, FB, CB or striker depth they need to make a serious CL run. I've felt that for a while.

City picked a bad time to go on their worst run of the season...although they got f*cked twice by different refs in the CL matches...both had a significant impact. Salah goal was clearly offside, not caught. They disallowed a City away goal that would have made it 3-1, they also didn't call a penalty in the box where Aguero was spiked and woulda been a PK.

Yesterday shoulda been 2-0 going into HT on a Sane goal, but it was called offside, but shouldn't have been. 3 independent retired PL refs confirmed it via BBC.

But whatever, we had some breaks this season go our way...the bottom line is, we should be playing better defense and should be able to score a lot more.

Fully expecting a faceplant Saturday at Spurs.

At this point, anyone but Liverpoo is who I'm pulling for...

There is one player I cannot stand over anyone else...that chicklet-toothed MF Firminho. I hate him with fire.

Last edited by Chongo

I try not to bitch about officiating...most times teams put themselves in a position that one call screws them, so they need to take the blame themselves. But the Buffon card was a farce. The hilarious thing is, Michael Oliver is a giant pu$$y. He never calls anything on anyone in the PL.

At this juncture, I'm pulling for Roma because they are the little guy...if not them, then I hope it's BM, because I can't stomach the thought of Real or 'Poo winning it.

Hell of a season for City, Pep has delivered in spades. Some will point out the UCL failing, however, most City fans I know were not hanging success on that tournament...we were hanging it on PL title. That was delivered, with many, many records shattered along the way.

Most points ever - 100 (95)
Most wins ever - 32 (30)
Most goals ever - 106 (103)
Largest goal differential - +79 (+71)
Largest title winning margin - 19 pts (18 pts)
Most wins in a row
Most away wins in a season
Most away goals in a season

Lots of people tried to minimize City because they didn't go undefeated. The invincibles had 12 draws. City had 4 draws, and 2 defeats.

Couldn't be more pleased with Pep's Project.

Last edited by Chongo

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.