Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I wonder why he didn't want to have surgery? Can anyone explain why a partial tear won't just heal and be fine, I'm sure he's stayed off it and rehabbed it (or maybe he didn't)? 

Last edited by Grave Digger

Report: Dolphins have reached out to Jay Cutler

Getty Images

As the Dolphins continue to await word on the severity of Ryan Tannehill‘s knee injury, the momentum for Jay Cutler is building in Miami.

The Dolphins have reached out to Cutler, Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports.

Dolphins coach Adam Gase, who coached Cutler when he was the Bears’ offensive coordinator in 2015, has personally been in touch with Cutler, the report says. Cutler had a good season in Gase’s offense and the two get along well personally.

The Bears cut Cutler in March, so he’s a free agent and there are no restrictions on the Dolphins contacting him or signing him. He has already signed with CBS to work as an announcer this year, but that wouldn’t preclude him from changing his mind and returning to the field if the right opportunity arises.

Gase said today that Matt Moore is now the Dolphins’ quarterback, but Gase made clear that’s only the case “right now.” If Tannehill is out for the season, the Dolphins may go shopping for a new quarterback, and Cutler could be the man.

Even with Matt Moore at QB, this team is likely going to win enough games to keep them out of the Sam Darnold sweepstakes.

I'd say roll the dice with Cutler if he's still interested in playing.

ChilliJon posted:

Exactly how many days pass before Gase places a call to Cutler???

It was approximately 3 hours after this post.

Pikes Peak posted:

If only they were on the schedule....

Yeah....like twice. 

Whew, Boris
When I saw the thread title, I was scared it was for one of our own.
Let's pray we don't have to add any more of our guys to this, or require one specifically for the Pack.

If nothing else, at least the Dolphins provide entertainment. I'd like to see them do well since they are in the same division as the Cheatriots, but I fear it won't matter who they have at QB. I doubt they could win enough games to avoid having to go to NE at some point.
The very best thing if they sign Cutler will be the outcry from the pro-Kaperdick camp. They are worse than the Kennedy conspiracy theorists! 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.