Skip to main content

Mike McCarthy gave us Brett Hundley. This steaming pile of **** offense we've seen over the past several weeks was three years in the making in his vaunted "QB room". He is a bad coach who rode the coat tails of two Hall of Fame QBs. I don't care if he won a Super Bowl 7 years ago.  Brian Billick and Barry Switzer have won Super Bowls. Doesn't mean they don't suck ****.

Last edited by Pack-Man
YooperPackfan posted:
antiworst posted:

Shut. Out. At. Home. Embarrassed...

Quit being an Eeyore

Hi. Just back to see the end of this abomination after 4 days at a sales convention.

The problem with you and your buddy in sadness and your statement, is that the likes of you are freaking Eeyore's even when the team is good.

There's a bizarre enjoyment some of you seem to take in having something to bitch about----you currently have plenty to be "happy" about if that's the case.

Carry on.

Defense holds their RB to 2.5 YPC when he was leading the NFL in YPC coming into the game, and Flacco below 200 yards passing, and we still get blown out 23-0.

Some heads better roll. Losing is at least understandable, given the injuries. But getting whipped 23-0 at home is an embarrassment. There's too much talent still on the field to let this happen. 

When your QB has turned the ball over three times, he doesn't deserve to go back out there again. He doesn't see the field, and after three years of backing up #12, if he doesn't see it by now, ain't gonna happen. Next man up, and hope Callahan can at least move the chains. 

Last edited by lambeausouth

This is not a Ted problem. This is a Mike and staff problem. Actually. This is a Mike and staff without Aaron Rodgers problem. 

We don’t know how much time Mike has personally invested with Hundley over the years. We don’t. He may have let Bennett handle Hundley. But Hundley is clearly not a capable starting QB today. 

Comments about Ted screwing things up with respect to what’s happening on gamedays without Rodgers are way off base. 

Last edited by ChilliJon

Aside from QB, the talent is there. A half-competent QB wins this game for Green Bay today. The coaching isn't present. It's a big problem when Mike McCarthy thinks Brett Hundley is a capable NFL backup after working with him for 3 years. He thought the same thing about Graham Harrell in 2012 and Seneca Wallace in 2013. Two times may just be bad luck, but three times? Sorry, that's a strikeout. He isn't a "QB guru", he lucked into inheriting two Hall of Fame QBs when he took the job.

Last edited by Pack-Man

QB guru or not - I don't GAF about that.

MM is still a very good offensive mind as evidenced by how our offense opens the games the last 3 games. I'm beginning to think even I could execute the game plan to open the game. Of course after that I'd look like Hundley but whatever.

MM needs to do something THIS week. It's quite obvious his job should be on the line if he doesn't

With Rodgers we'd have 1 loss right now.

Pack-Man posted:

Two times may just be bad luck, but three times? Sorry, that's a strikeout. 

We do have to give him credit for Flynn. Flynn did nothing outside of Green Bay but once did save a season for the Green and Gold. So one-for-four. Eric Sogard-like.

EDIT: Also have to give him some credit for Favre as well. 4 was an out-of-control turnover machine and M3 reigned him in (as much as one could).

Last edited by chickenboy
Brainwashed Boris posted:
Pack-Man posted:

Mike Sherman put up great offensive numbers while he was with the Packers too. Do you think he was a "good offensive mind"?

Seriously....

MM can coach circles around Sherman. MM's problem is his staff not himself

No one worth a damn wants to work as an assistant for Mike McCarthy, none of his assistants have ever accomplished a damn thing in the NFL. Only scrubs and losers like Dom Capers and Shawn Slocum want to work for him. I can grant that he has some ability as a play caller, still a rotten head coach.

Last edited by Pack-Man
Pack-Man posted:

Mike Sherman put up great offensive numbers while he was with the Packers too. Do you think he was a "good offensive mind"?

Seriously....

Give Sherman Aaron Rodgers and give McSchottenheimer Brett the Gunslinger.

Might be what tilts the scales. 

Pack-Man posted:

Seriously....

If MM can't see the problem with his staff,  or refuses to acknowledge them, then he IS the problem.   I am among those that believe he's been the beneficiary of having two HOF quarterbacks.   How badly this team has faltered with backup Qbs is an indictment.   How many other teams struggle so badly with backup Qbs?  Cripes, Minnesota has won with Case Keenum.

It's up to MM to tell TT his backup QB "sucks". After 3 years of "coaching him up." TT obviously wanted to give him a shot after trading up for him. 

If TT thought Hundley was fine but MM didn't I sincerely doubt he's on the team. Head Coach & GM have to work together on this. MM's specific words were - "The QB room is FINE!"

This is all on MM, not TT. You can't create a player out of thin air. You can only draft the people in front of you. "Coaching 'em up" is all on the coaches.

Personnel isn’t the problem. The coaching is. Davante Adams blew up a bit after the game, “We've got too much talent in this locker room on offense, too much talent to go out there and put on a display like that. Zero points. There's no reason we should have zero points whoever we're playing” 

Hes not wrong. If Mike and the staff didnt tell anyone Hundley wasnt the answer for three years. That’s a problem. If Mike and the staff didn’t realize Hundley wasn’t the answer that’s a bigger problem. 

Again. I don’t know exactly how much time MM personally invested in Hundley the last three years or how much he entrusted Bennett. But Hundley is not the long term answer. 

Mike point blank said changing QBs will not be discussed and Hundley will start in Pittsburgh. 

Blair Kiel posted:
YooperPackfan posted:
antiworst posted:

Shut. Out. At. Home. Embarrassed...

Quit being an Eeyore

Hi. Just back to see the end of this abomination after 4 days at a sales convention.

The problem with you and your buddy in sadness and your statement, is that the likes of you are freaking Eeyore's even when the team is good.

There's a bizarre enjoyment some of you seem to take in having something to bitch about----you currently have plenty to be "happy" about if that's the case.

Carry on.

Not even a good try.  I, and many other posters, have been saying for years that Thompson and McCarthy have living off of Favre and Rodgers.

Still wanna have that fight? Yeah...didn't think so. They'e the Browns without them. You could see that as soon as you get out of TT and MM face out of their pubic hairs.

It's up to MM to tell TT his backup QB "sucks". After 3 years of "coaching him up." TT obviously wanted to give him a shot after trading up for him. 

If TT thought Hundley was fine but MM didn't I sincerely doubt he's on the team. Head Coach & GM have to work together on this. MM's specific words were - "The QB room is FINE!"

This is all on MM, not TT. You can't create a player out of thin air. You can only draft the people in front of you. "Coaching 'em up" is all on the coaches.

I appreciate your point to an extent.

The Falcons apparently didn't think much of Favre.  Ron Wolf thought he saw something.  He thought he saw something in a reserve quarterback for another team.

I just think TT ought to have a better idea.

Certainly, by now he ought to.  And if MM said Hundley is starting against the Steelers, if I were the GM, I'd be thinking, "We may have a problem here."

McCarthy can talk about his quarterbacks until he's blue in the face, now is the time for THE GM TO BE THE GM and demote one of the two QBs to the practice squad and sign another QB and not give a rat's ass if it upsets the coach.  Actually the GM should have signed a veteran QB right when Rodgers got hurt because Callahan was safely stored on the practice squad with little chance of being added to someone else's roster.  It would have been some insurance if Hundley had flopped.  Now Hundley is looking like a flop and if a different guy is brought in it will take him some time to get up to speed, maybe he'd be ready to contribute next week if he would have added to the Packer's roster a month ago.

It's a damn shame the Packers have a GM who only seems like he wants to make a decision one weekend out of the year.

ChilliJon posted:

If Mike and the staff didnt tell anyone Hundley wasnt the answer for three years. That’s a problem. If Mike and the staff didn’t realize Hundley wasn’t the answer that’s a bigger problem. 

Again. I don’t know exactly how much time MM personally invested in Hundley the last three years or how much he entrusted Bennett. But Hundley is not the long term answer.  

Or, if McCarthy and staff see Hundley has the answer but keep feeding him the wrong questions, that's a yuge problem.

They just need to tank the rest of the year at this point.  It might be what it takes to clean house on the coaching staff (and maybe "retire" TT) and it gets them a top 10 draft pick in 2018.  

Get Rodgers healthy and attack the 2018 season because this year is history and it ain't no mystery. 

Extend or resign Devante and turn the page with Cobb.  Promote Elliott Wolf to GM.  Seek out the BPA on defense in rounds 1 and 2 and dial up Dave Aranda or Jim Leonhard to coach this D.  As for head coach, who knows.  All I know it ain't Stupidface.  

Not so much tank... but keep trotting out this hot garbage to ensure that fates are sealed. And like last week when the offense showed signs of life- the defense played well but the Ravens were no fools... that was preseason level offense out there today. The scheme is still vulnerable to anyone with talent and an urgency to score points. How much do you really need to score with what is being done on the other side of the ball? 

It all needs to come down. And when the Bears fire their staff, Vic Fangio should be the Packers’ next DC. 

Last edited by Music City
ChilliJon posted:

Personnel isn’t the problem. The coaching is. Davante Adams blew up a bit after the game, “We've got too much talent in this locker room on offense, too much talent to go out there and put on a display like that. Zero points. There's no reason we should have zero points whoever we're playing” 

Hes not wrong. If Mike and the staff didnt tell anyone Hundley wasnt the answer for three years. That’s a problem. If Mike and the staff didn’t realize Hundley wasn’t the answer that’s a bigger problem. 

Mike point blank said changing QBs will not be discussed and Hundley will start in Pittsburgh. 

Let's just be honest here. Mike McCarthy is renowned in the media as a "QB guru", the damn announcers use those words every chance they get. He isn't leaving anything to Edgar Bennett in his precious "QB room" he insists (loudly, angrily) is "fine!" Brett Hundley is Mike McCarthy's baby.

Last edited by Pack-Man
Fedya posted:

Actually the GM should have signed a veteran QB right when Rodgers got hurt because Callahan was safely stored on the practice squad with little chance of being added to someone else's roster.

Who?  (That's a serious question, not a rhetorical question.)

Shaun Hill - lifetime QB rating is 84.9

Colin Kaepernick - lifetime QB rating is 88.9

Robert Griffin III - lifetime QB rating is 88.4

Matt McGloin - lifetime QB rating is 75.3

Dan Orlovsky - lifetime QB rating is 75.3

And Hundley's lifetime QB rating entering today was 62.6 which means it will likely be below 60 after today's meltdown.

So considering that Callahan seemingly has no chance of playing ahead of Hundley, and Hundley's QB rating will likely be a minimum of 15 points lower than the lowest guy on the list of scrubs I just posted...yeah, it's completely legitimate to say that some hack like Shaun Hill would be an upgrade to the roster despite that fact that he's a totally mediocre at best player.  

PackerJoe posted:
Fedya posted:

Actually the GM should have signed a veteran QB right when Rodgers got hurt because Callahan was safely stored on the practice squad with little chance of being added to someone else's roster.

Who?  (That's a serious question, not a rhetorical question.)

Colin Kaepernick - lifetime QB rating is 88.9

What is it when facing a defense NOT coached by Dom Capers

Look at the tape, MM! Callahan, please. I bet Callahan is just chomping at the bit to get out there. He's got to have seen the same tape of guys wide open and Hundley locked up like a statue.

With receivers as open as they have been, it speaks to MM's coaching that the throws are there. The OL has held up well recently. It's also to MM's coaching that Hundley can't play for crap.

Now it's on MM's coaching to make a switch. At this point, why not?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.