Skip to main content

Goldie posted:
Fedya posted:

I bet Goldie is enjoying the Lifetime Channel.

Actually we’ve got free HBO for the weekend......watching Cape Fear with Robert De Niro......I am checking the score, but just can not watch.  I feel so much better.  If they were to pull a win off, I’ll watch my DVR version.  If they lose....I trash the the DVR tape.    

Robert De Niro is at your house? 

Tschmack posted:

Hundley is a backup QB.  That's what he is.  I never said he was a budding star but I am shocked this is best he can do with all of the preparation and coaching from the alleged QB guru.   Ugh. 

I agree with Boris. He's not even a good backup. Literally, 2 or 3 times today they've shown him with a guy wide open in front of him, he'll hesitate for no apparent reason, and then throw to the same guy. It makes no sense. 

Unless Adams is open as his first read, he's useless.

YooperPackfan posted:
Tschmack posted:

Hundley isn't a bad QB 

Ummm...yes he is

Agreed. He is not good. See what was done with Matt Flynn. They obviously saw talent in Hundley but maybe Hundley just cannot handle the NFL. Wouldn't be the first time…

You would think watching Rodgers for 3 years would let him know what "step up in the pocket means."

Can we be done with him now and move on. It would be nice if we actually were in a position for Rodgers to come back in Week 15 to get wins against the Panthers, Vikings, and Lions.

Cheap shot on Jordy and ref was collateral damage.  Kind of like this whole season.  

4-1 with a ton of promise and now looking like 5-5 and season is going down the ****ter.  I need to start drinking earlier in the day. 

NumberThree posted:

You would think watching Rodgers for 3 years would let him know what "step up in the pocket means."

Can we be done with him now and move on. It would be nice if we actually were in a position for Rodgers to come back in Week 15 to get wins against the Panthers, Vikings, and Lions.

To paraphrase Rick Pitino, Rodgers is not walking through that door anytime soon. The next meaningful pass he throws is September 2018. Hopefully, they have a different backup QB by then. 

Alright drinking game starts now 

shotgun 1 beer for every Hundley turnover 

take a shot for every Spriggs whiff 

take two shots for every Packers injury 

take a swig for every McStupidface camera sideline shot 

antiworst posted:

Anyone who thinks that Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers hasn't carried this team is nuts. TT, MM, has to go. They're stealing...

You're wrong.

They're is nothing wrong with TT - Talent is definitely there on this team.

MM - OTOH is a problem because his coaching staff sucks ass. MM Offensive coaching is solid as referenced by the beginning of the game. 

MM needs special teams & def. coordinator to help him out. Not just stick by them because of loyalty.

Be Loyal & lose or be a dickhead & win - It's pretty simple actually

Brainwashed Boris posted:
antiworst posted:

Anyone who thinks that Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers hasn't carried this team is nuts. TT, MM, has to go. They're stealing...

You're wrong.

MM - OTOH is a problem because his coaching staff sucks ass. MM Offensive coaching is solid as referenced by the beginning of the game. 

MM needs special teams & def. coordinator to help him out. Not just stick by them because of loyalty.

Wanna know why Mike McCarthy keeps Dom Capers? It's because he cannot find a better coach who wants to work for him. It isn't "loyalty" (he's fired friends before, Slocum was a friend), he knows no one better wants to work for him.

antiworst posted:

You're wrong.

MM needs to go.

MichiganPacker2 posted:
NumberThree posted:

To paraphrase Rick Pitino, Rodgers is not walking through that door anytime soon. The next meaningful pass he throws is September 2018. Hopefully, they have a different backup QB by then. 

If Hundley would have gotten us to 7 wins, Rodgers would have played in Week 15 if he was 85%. There was an article about that not too long ago.

I am perplexed that actual game play is required to know whether or not a QB has the goods.

Three years under MM not enough and since Callahan not put in, the game time Hundley has had is still not enough to understand what he has.

Pack-Man posted:
Wanna know why Mike McCarthy keeps Dom Capers? It's because he cannot find a better coach who wants to work for him. It isn't "loyalty" (he's fired friends before, Slocum was a friend), he knows no one better wants to work for him.

I think this may going a bit too far…

antiworst posted:

The guy across from Jason Spriggs disagrees.

Last edited by chickenboy
Timmy! posted:

Who's brilliant idea was it to put Spriggs in the game?

They should cut him before he gets to the locker room. If he slips going in the tunnel and gets injured, they'll have to pay him for longer.

He may be TTs worst draft pick ever. Other guys have injuries as excuses. 

chickenboy posted:
Pack-Man posted:

Shawn Slocum was a friend of his, he fired him even though his special teams were only slightly worse ranking-wise than Dom's defenses. How many of his assistants have gone on to find success as head coaches? No coaches with any ability want to work for him.

NumberThree posted:
MichiganPacker2 posted:
NumberThree posted:

If Hundley would have gotten us to 7 wins, Rodgers would have played in Week 15 if he was 85%. There was an article about that not too long ago.

I know, but I watched Hundley play

Pack-Man posted:
chickenboy posted:
Pack-Man posted:

Shawn Slocum was a friend of his, he fired him even though his special teams were only slightly worse ranking-wise than Dom's defenses. How many of his assistants have gone on to find success as head coaches? No coaches with any ability want to work for him.

How many of his QB students for that matter

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.