Skip to main content

SteveLuke posted:
ChilliJon posted:

I don’t know that Ty was fully ready to play in this game. 

Does not matter what you or I or anyone else knew about Ty's health.

Mike McCarthy knew his health and used him extensively throughout the game. Montgomery did next to nothing. Other than drop an easy TD.

You probably shouldn’t follow sports. It’s not conducive with your personality. You should follow things like Ebola and Polio. 

SteveLuke posted:
Va. Packer posted:

They trusted a defense that isn't that good when healthy over Hundley and the OL. You can call plays like MM has done today ahead or tied. But unless he bet money on the game not going for it on 4th and one made no sense.

You're not insinuating that MM is about to get exposed without ARod to save his fat arse are you?

No (and that could happen). I'm insinuating he seems to have a faith in Capers and the defense that no one else can see. Like ultra-violet light. I haven't figured out why in the Lords name he deferred after winning the toss in Atlanta and Dallas etc.

Last edited by Va. Packer

Vikings have a very good def.  Huntley had no chance behind that makeshift line. I don't think they beat the Saints. But I think after the bye the Pack will be in the hunt.  It will be an interesting second half of the season.

Grave Digger posted:
WolfPack posted:

I must have missed these great throws by Hundley. I can understand he and the offense are unprepared for this situation, but 3rd year in the league Id expect better throws. 

I think you did because he’s made some good ones when he’s had time. Some difficult throws.

I saw at least three.  Great one that Jordy coudn't bring in, TD throw to Ty that was dropped, and one to Adams on the left sideline.  That's 3 and havent even watched the replay.  

Hard to say anything about this offense with Ulrich John and whoever playing OL.  

Last edited by CUPackFan

The Vikings aren’t THAT good of a team. They preyed in a backup QB, but remember we had a bad drop that would have added 4 points and he had them in position to score two more times. Give them credit for shutting down those drives, but I wasn’t impressed with them. Rodgers would have shredded them.

CUPackFan posted:

Rodgers, Bulaga, Rollins, Monty and Taylor all out?  This is ridiculous.  Screw protests, injuries are the biggest reason I lose interest in the NFL.  Hard to enjoy a game when all you can think is "what if we were healthy?".  

Bakhtiari went out, as well, with a hamstring issue.

No Thomas, House, King, Burnett to start the game. Losing Rodgers, Bak, Bulaga, Taylor, Rollins. It's amazing this game was as close as it was against their D. At least it's something to build on... 

Unfortunately the schit hits the fan against the f****** Vikings. Now we have to hear how awesome they are for probably the rest of the year.

When Clay Matthews had that fumble recovery runback, the Minnesota defender ran out of bounds and then back into the field of play to knock the ball loose. Shouldn't a flag have been thrown there? Anybody know the ruling? 

Grave Digger posted:

Yeah we basically played 5 Guards. Hard to get a feel for what Hundley can really do with that in front of him. That being said I saw flashes of good things when he had a chance.

Yes, Hundley did have some bright moments when he was able to get into a rhythm. I think our biggest problem today was all the third down and long yardage plays we had to try to overcome. Sorta helps the vikings defense get ready for a passing play and Hundley doesn't have the pinpoint accuracy of ARod.

I'd like to see them bring in Kaepernick.  He's the best available QB out there.  Bring him in, keep starting Hundley, see what he can do while Kaepernick learns the offense.  If Hundley isn't getting it done, maybe Kaepernick will be ready to go by that time.  Kaepernick has a very good arm, better than Hundley's IMO and has experience in the league (singlehandedly shredding the Packers on a few very important occasions).  Nothing to lose...

At this point of the season I don't want to see them bring in any other QB. It reeks of desperation and almost never provides any lasting benefits. Play with Hundley and Callahan if necessary and figure out if either of them are worth keeping around in the future

Just back from the bar and this might have been mentioned, but I wonder what it would take to get Taysom Hill back from the Saints. A 7th?
I too want to see what Hundley can do working exclusively with the starters.
We need a backup better than Callahan.

It's virtually impossible for a guy to come in under these circumstances and expect them to get them a win.  Yet I thought Hundley did just fine.  He made some decent throws and was under pressure most of the game. 

With a full week of planning and preparation I expect he'll play better next week. 

My bigger concern is the defense.  Injuries have really depleted the secondary (again) but Minnesota didn't have a lot of difficulty moving the ball and most teams have better weapons. 

Goldie posted:

Who was that QB who was so exciting in the pre season???  Great, can't remember his name??  He was pretty good.  Hill, Joe Hill right??

Taysom Hill. That's the kid......why not??  Is that possible??

Goldie posted:
Goldie posted:

Who was that QB who was so exciting in the pre season???  Great, can't remember his name??  He was pretty good.  Hill, Joe Hill right??

He's a Mormon.

He retired.

He's 46-years-old

Goldie posted:
Goldie posted:

It's possible if they want to put him on the 53 roster. But I don't believe the Packers want that. He was playing against backups and expanded roster fodder, Scott Tolizan like.

I get Hundley needs a couple weeks to show after being carried for years but what I do not get is how this team has excessive injuries every season. 

If they wear Green and Gold there is a chance they get hurt wiping their rear ends.

Trailrunners posted:

I'd like to see them bring in Kaepernick.  He's the best available QB out there.  Bring him in, keep starting Hundley, see what he can do while Kaepernick learns the offense.  If Hundley isn't getting it done, maybe Kaepernick will be ready to go by that time.  Kaepernick has a very good arm, better than Hundley's IMO and has experience in the league (singlehandedly shredding the Packers on a few very important occasions).  Nothing to lose...

Kapernick sucks....watch any of his games the last 2 years.  

Goldie posted:
Goldie posted:

No.  He will be at Lambeau next week---on the Saints active roster

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.