Skip to main content

I think executed the gameplan pretty well. Other than that last prayer, he protected the ball well and made some good decisions. I don’t think his OL gave him enough time and I don’t think his receivers got enough separation. He did what he was asked, we’re just used to Rodgers making amazing plays. All 11 will have to do their jobs to score more points.

Pack-Man posted:
excalibur posted:
ChilliJon posted:

As long as Dom is fired at year end this year isn’t a loss. 

Big deal if he is, too late, way too late.

It would only be about 5 or 6 years after it should have happened.

Agreed, way too late.

Rodgers has been to 1 Super Bowl and Dom has effectively squandered one of the best QB/receiver cores to come through the league in a long time. Now age is catching up to everyone and speed is lacking.

We can never get back 2011-2017.

Last edited by NumberThree

The running game and Aaron Jones were terrific up until the Saints made defensive adjustments. Make the Packers pass the ball.

The Packers attempted to stay in the game with defense and running the football. The defense did well for 2 quarters. The secondary was horrible after that. The Packers defense isn't remotely good enough to carry a team.

Despite all the balloon spit about "how much is invested" in Hunley and Callahan the actual games tell the true tail. Green Bay doesn't trust Hunley and he starts over Callahan. There will no Earl Morrell or even Matt Cassell endings here.

Tschmack posted:

The defense didn't make one stop in the second half.  Yes the offense should have played better but they got them the lead at 17-16 but Dom and this D wilted yet again. It's happened far too often and enough is enough.  Dom needs to go. 

This has been evident for several years. I am so damn tired of a team being 3 and 17 and making a first down. MM is a average coach with no subordinate evaluating talents and Dom is a below average D coordinator whom MM cannon or will not fire. Sad the whole organization  is gonna suffer this year at best they move up in the draft order.

Pack-Man posted:
Tschmack posted:

Rodgers probably does give them the win today but who knows?  Giving up 26 and a crapload of yards is bad news. 

The Saints don't have a chance to score 26 points if the Packers had a quarterback who can keep moving the chains. The Saints offense got to spend a more time on the field than they would against a competent QB.

Huh?  Replay for us the many times the defense got a stop and made New Orleans punt today.  The Saints got to spend more time on the field because our defense couldn't stop them.

YooperPackfan posted:
PackFoo posted:
Grave Digger posted:

Hundley will get better. The season isn’t over, there’s a lot of football to go.

Hundley did enough to get the win. Defense did what it always does.

12 of 25 for 87 yards no td’s and one int is enough to win? Seriously, are those green and gold glasses welded to your head?

Honestly wish we'd kept Taysom Hill. Huntley is terrible.

Blair Kiel posted:

I'm just too fukking old to go back to boring, uninspired Packer football.

Add in a dose of awful violence, politics I don't care to hear about, money grabs at every turn by the FUNFL....

..I'm re-evaluating how I spend 12 hours every Sunday....I really am.

You'd make an excellent crossing guard or parking attendant.   See if the local church as any openings. 

slowmo posted:
Pack-Man posted:
Tschmack posted:

Rodgers probably does give them the win today but who knows?  Giving up 26 and a crapload of yards is bad news. 

The Saints don't have a chance to score 26 points if the Packers had a quarterback who can keep moving the chains. The Saints offense got to spend a more time on the field than they would against a competent QB.

Huh?  Replay for us the many times the defense got a stop and made New Orleans punt today.  The Saints got to spend more time on the field because our defense couldn't stop them.

They were both bad. Bad offenses and bad defenses feed off of each other. Creates a vicious cycle of failure when a team is bad on both sides of the ball. If GB had a QB who can throw for more than 87 yards and get some first downs, that would have created a  lower time of possession and fewer offensive opportunities for New Orleans. Not hard to understand.

Last edited by Pack-Man
ScareyFast63 posted:

how the hell does MM justify running two running plays side to side in the last series of downs. Talk about "STOOPID" any highschool player knows better than that!

MM stated repeatedly that Hundley is his quarterback and that he's ready.

MM then called plays to make sure the game was never in Hundley's hands.

What he's calling v. what he's saying tells the real story.

Just watched MM presser he’s a good leader taking the blame and not publicly call it what it was....a real crap fest in the second half. The players really need to look at themselves here over these next 2 weeks and start playing some football. Very disappointed in the defense and WR not stepping forward to help out our young QB. Oline had some shaking moments but without a lot of reps together felt they were the least of the problems. 

Did some good things in the 1st half (he’ll A Jones did some good things all game). Still 4-3. Rest recover and let’s get back at this. 

Last edited by PackerBackerDPM

I thought overall the Pack actually looked pretty good today. Giving 26 points up to that Saints offense is nothing to be ashamed, I’m guessing that is below their season average so pretty good effort by Doms defense.  This was Hundley’s first start so figured there would be some growing pains. I thought he looked good, kept the chains moving much of the time, some very nice throws on the run. Give him a little time to get on the same page as his receivers and he is going to look pretty good.

The Saints are a very good ball club, we won’t be playing that caliber of competition every week. I think things are looking up, still have a winning record and a lot of positives to take from a really gritty performance on both sides of the ball against one of the hottest teams in football right now.

MN Backthepack posted:

I thought overall the Pack actually looked pretty good today. Giving 26 points up to that Saints offense is nothing to be ashamed, I’m guessing that is below their season average so pretty good effort by Doms defense.  This was Hundley’s first start so figured there would be some growing pains. I thought he looked good, kept the chains moving much of the time, some very nice throws on the run. Give him a little time to get on the same page as his receivers and he is going to look pretty good.

The Saints are a very good ball club, we won’t be playing that caliber of competition every week. I think things are looking up, still have a winning record and a lot of positives to take from a really gritty performance on both sides of the ball against one of the hottest teams in football right now.

That game was not on my Sunday Ticket, wish I could have seen it.

Last edited by Pikes Peak

When was the last time the D and/or STs actually won a game for this team? I'm having a difficult time thinking back that far... almost 500 yards for NO and never stopped in the second half. Hard for a new starter who has played two quarters of meaningful football to match or better that.

Of course I'd like to see better, but let's see how the season plays out before calling for MM's and TT's head. Dom's should have been on a platter a long time ago.

MN Backthepack posted:

It’s the NFL, the competition will always be tough every week, but I agree with your point overall. Hundley will get better, this isn’t like the las time Rodgers went down. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.