Skip to main content

RochNyFan posted:
Esox posted:

Aaron Rodgers IS the Michael Jordon of Football.  I have no doubts.

And it's a sin that we've witnessed the last six years - the prime of his career - wasted because of MM's stubbornness and TT's dtaft failures on the other side of the ball.

TT in particular, I have my doubts that with his health issues and age really should be the GM anymore.   He had his chance and did well, but I really think the Pack needs to go with a younger healthier GM for this next stage of rebuilding.  

You can rebuild very fast when a guy like Aaron Rodgers is your QB, but I think it's time to hand the reins over to John Dorsey, Elliot Wolf, or John Schneider if he wanted to come back.

Esox posted:
michiganjoe posted:

Didn't appear to be any contact on the replay. My guess is he's done for the year.

What difference does it make? 

Because it’s a really good guys knee? And he went as hard as he could for his team. And it would be nice if he’s able to walk ok when he’s older? 

Packdog posted:

Did Aaron Jones get benched for his poor pass pro or injured ?

McCarthy got asked this in his presser.  He got snippy with the reporter and said something to the effect of "it was obvious we were using different personnel groups." 

To me, it is McCarthy cherry picking his anger at the ineptitude of his decisions.  When your "ownership" doesn't require any accountability, this is what happens.

ChilliJon posted:
RochNyFan posted:
Esox posted:

And it's a sin that we've witnessed the last six years - the prime of his career - wasted because of MM's stubbornness and TT's dtaft failures on the other side of the ball.

Ted’s draft failures on the other side of the ball? You hate Ted. And are not really paying attention. And not a good judge of how football actually works.

First of all, you don't know me or what I know about football.   And you'll find no history of me hating Ted.  I just see wasted high round picks like Datone Jones, Damarius Randall, Jake Ryan, Kyler Fackrell, Quinton Rollins, Kyrie Thornton, Jerrel Worthy etc.  All third round and above.  

packerboi posted:
bigdoggyjude posted:

Matthews has been a spectator the past couple of seasons. 

2014 to be exact, was the last time CMIII earned his salary.

He was a Pro Bowler in 2015 playing middle linebacker, which is not his natural position. I'd say he earned his money taking one for the team, and performing at a high level. Just my opinion. 

lambeausouth posted:
packerboi posted:
bigdoggyjude posted:

Matthews has been a spectator the past couple of seasons. 

2014 to be exact, was the last time CMIII earned his salary.

He was a Pro Bowler in 2015 playing middle linebacker, which is not his natural position. I'd say he earned his money taking one for the team, and performing at a high level. Just my opinion. 

He was a probowler based on his name more than his performance 

fightphoe93 posted:
RochNyFan posted:
Esox posted:

TT in particular, I have my doubts that with his health issues and age really should be the GM anymore.   He had his chance and did well, but I really think the Pack needs to go with a younger healthier GM for this next stage of rebuilding.  

You can rebuild very fast when a guy like Aaron Rodgers is your QB, but I think it's time to hand the reins over to John Dorsey, Elliot Wolf, or John Schneider if he wanted to come back.

What health issues are you talking about? I've never read about Ted Thompson having health problems.

Stafford was outstanding...It was the best I've ever seen him. The lack of pressure helped him...one thing  that was head shaking was how often the Lions called the perfect play against the Packers defensive set...sign stealing? No. Capers is that predictable. 

the Packers line and backs gave Hundley no time and it was disappointing to see how poorly he picked up blitzes and misread pressure, but unless you told me Hundley was coordinating the defensive effort, I wouldn't place the blame at his feet.

McCarthy has got to buck up in these press conferences--his surliness in the face of the truth is one of the reasons I stopped loving him several years ago.

TT and M3 have had success because of inheriting a HOF QB and having another fall into their laps. Any sliver of success Capers has had was because he had Woodson. Like someone noted above, I am ready for Wolf or whoever to take over and M3 sent packing. Two weeks to prepare for a division opponent and home and look like that? Unacceptable.

Perhaps the thing that p****** me off the most is that the Vikings are able to win with their defense, an average OL, average QB, RB, WR (Diggs is great though), good DL, and better-than-average DBs. So does this mean Zimmer is a better coach than MM? I know it already means Zimmer is a heck of a lot better D coach than Dom, but...?

Tschmack posted:

150 yards of offense.  Really? MM is no genius.  It's 95% Rodgers 

I think guys were open, Hudley was just as equally bad as Rodgers is good.  

Plus side, he was accurate, he just needs to work on his timing, pocket presence, route recognition, and everything a QB needs to do.  

Except accuracy, dude is ****ing accurate

El-Ka-Bong posted:
Tschmack posted:

150 yards of offense.  Really? MM is no genius.  It's 95% Rodgers 

I think guys were open, Hudley was just as equally bad as Rodgers is good.  

Plus side, he was accurate, he just needs to work on his timing, pocket presence, route recognition, and everything a QB needs to do.  

Except accuracy, dude is ****ing accurate

Hundley is a look like Tarzan plays like Jane type. He's got all the measurables but  almost no football sense it appears 

I had mentioned in another thread about playing competent football.  It a shame really that guys who have been playing football, big time football for their lives can be so dam stupid.

Daniels with just a complete idiotic penalty that would have gotten them off the field, Clay offisides, Clay/Perry can come up with a move to beat a 3rd and then 4th stringer (shoot happens to our oline all the time), Compers sub packages that have us running Daniels late, blitzes that are not disguised at all, the list goes on an on.  Now to watch/look at these screen shots on offense just as bad if not worse.  I bet Case Keenum can make those throws, I just threw up in my mouth typing that.

I'd like to think these are all correctable, problem is we've been told that before and clearly it's not happening.  Players tuning out coaches, coaches without answers, untalented players?  Too many questions and zero answers.

I haven't given up on Hundley. What I see is mental and reps. Timing issues, panicking with pressure in his periphery, eyes down instead of up, bailing out quickly from the pocket. But MM has to stop with this 5-yard route crap. If Hundley likes playing in the spread, where he looked more comfortable, then you adjust and play more snaps that way. I don't care what MM's preferred scheme is - you work with the player you've got and adapt.
El-Ka-Bong posted:

I saw guys running deep routes, it seems Hdog likes to check down on his progressions.  

I'm not totally sure he ever truly read his deep progressions. It seems more like he saw the closest guy and got the ball out safely. The exception is that I think he saw Jordy on the seam pass but heard too many footsteps and his flight instinct took over.

Fandame posted:

Wonder if they keep QB stats of rookie QBs against Dom's Dumpster Defense, and vs. other DCs...  

Dom's defense holds up as well as most against inexperienced QBs. It's the guys like Brees, Stafford, Ryan, etc. that know how to read defenses that it gets lit up by. When was the last time Dom's scheme confused an experienced QB other than Jay Cutler?

MichiganPacker2 posted:
Fandame posted:

Wonder if they keep QB stats of rookie QBs against Dom's Dumpster Defense, and vs. other DCs...  

Dom's defense holds up as well as most against inexperienced QBs. It's the guys like Brees, Stafford, Ryan, etc. that know how to read defenses that it gets lit up by. When was the last time Dom's scheme confused an experienced QB other than Jay Cutler?

The 1 thing I'll say, For whatever reason, Dom has Russell Wilsons number. I have NFI why.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.