Skip to main content

Read an article this morning about under the radar FAs.  Mentioned guys like S Tre Boston and WR Tyrell Williams.  Also mentioned draft washouts like LB Shane Ray and Shaquil Barrett from Denver.  Not big on those kinds of moves but Randall just proved reclamations can work (unreal).  

I like the idea of Tre Boston.   I think the ideal strategy for FA is not even messing with big names and aggressively going after mid-tier guys for multiple positions.  I think at this point just having competent starters/rotation would go a long way with the real talent already on the team.  If Lane Taylor (questionable now) can succeed between Linsley and Bak, think what a guy that was actually drafted and has contributed regularly can do.

Last edited by Henry
Fandame posted:
Packy posted:

Antonio Brown wants to be traded.  I wonder what it would take to get him?   Package with one of our first round picks plus two more picks?   Or, is it too much to give up because we have too many holes to fill?  

Too many holes and a locker room problem. Did you see what Ryan Clark said about him? When Clark was Brown's teammate, he told guys that as soon as Brown was paid, he would become a major diva. He also said that Brown would go Facebook Live when coaches were talking, etc. Not a guy you want when you are, in essence, rebuilding/restructuring/reigniting your team. 

I love the guys talent but I don't think the Packers should spend the picks to get a locker room cancer.  They just have too many holes to fill.

AB is a supremely talented receiver,  but Devante Adams has already stated he feels disrespected across the league and being supplanted as the number one wr in GB might ruin the great chemistry he has with Rodgers and lead to regression.   Considering all the other holes this team needs to fill, I'm fine with Adams as the number one, but would consider adding a lower price, lower profile #2.

RochNyFan posted:

AB is a supremely talented receiver,  but Devante Adams has already stated he feels disrespected across the league and being supplanted as the number one wr in GB might ruin the great chemistry he has with Rodgers and lead to regression.   Considering all the other holes this team needs to fill, I'm fine with Adams as the number one, but would consider adding a lower price, lower profile #2.

Devante wouldn’t be supplanted as the number one receiver. AB would come in as number two, and it wouldn’t be long before he pitched a fit over it. 

Then AR would stop throwing the ball to him altogether and next thing you know ESPN would end up on AB’s driveway watching him pump iron while talking sh!t about the Packers. 

Let him go to San Francisco. Diva WRs don’t win Super Bowls. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.