Skip to main content

Ahmad Carroll and Jaire Alexander have absolutely nothing to do with one other. At all. Nothing. Ok? Nothing. 

Measurables don’t translate to production. 

But this Carroll thing is pretty senseless right now. 

Herschel posted:

Egads, he taunted another football player.

Put an ankle bracelet on him; we need to know where this future criminal is 24/7!!! 

Next, let's go back and wrangle up all the football players that talked crap about another player's mama, or said they were going to physically whip another player. Lawrence Taylor should be jailed for life because of some of the things he said. They should dig up Lyle Alzado, and stick his skeleton in a cell.

You're really reaching now. Trying hard to make your point when everybody else has already dismissed it as completely absurd. It's football, Nancy. Men on the football field taunt other men on the football field. You think that makes them low character? LOL. 

Outside of the penalty he'd get for being stupid, not really a whole lot, but trying to say he's such a great guy and so much better of a human than Carroll (or any non-criminal) rings a bit hollow. 

Last edited by Herschel
ChilliJon posted:

Ahmad Carroll and Jaire Alexander have absolutely nothing to do with one other. At all. Nothing. Ok? Nothing. 

Measurables don’t translate to production. 

This.

And, I'll send $50 to Alexander if he'll do that every time he picks off Kirk Cousins. $100 if he does it after pick-sixing him. 

I like this. I'm going to save it. 

Alexander needs to earn his spot at 18th overall in the draft. 

But getting a 1st round pick next year and drafting a corner with a first round grade is pretty crafty stuff.

GB had two 4th round picks and four 5th round picks to go with their 2nd round pick. 

Should be an interesting day 2 in the draft. 

Brainwashed Boris posted:

Seems kinda high for Jaire.

Assuming they could find a trade partner (Patriots) you could trade down & get him.

I think we need to report this post for being Nostradamus...

lambeausouth posted:
ChilliJon posted:

This.

I like this. I'm going to save it. 

I can't wait to see him do that to Sidney Rice.

I think I like this pick even more. 

Diggr14 posted:

Seems kinda high for Jaire.

Assuming they could find a trade partner (Patriots) you could trade down & get him.

I think we need to report this post for being Nostradamus...

I didn't foresee the Saints giving up next year's #1 for a non-QB.

I wanted Derwin James when he was sitting there but obviously Gute didn't like Derwin as much as a 1st rounder next year plus Jaire.

That's pretty solid work by our "rookie" GM so far.

Thanks for providing links about Carroll. I didn’t remember that, then again it was 14 years ago. Still don’t see the comparison, there are much better comparisons including two of our own guys: Tramon Williams and especially Sam Shields.

I hope not, that might get him arrested. Rice hasn't been in the league for about four years. 

Grave Digger posted:

Thanks for providing links about Carroll. I didn’t remember that, then again it was 14 years ago. Still don’t see the comparison, there are much better comparisons including two of our own guys: Tramon Williams and especially Sam Shields.

IMO you're really reaching to justify the pick. Carroll is a good comp. It's also fully possible Alexander's head won't turn in to a jello mold, which would be a tremendous help, but he's very concerning as a pick. Giving up the third was harsh also. A trade back in the second might be in the cards as well. 

Herschel posted:

I hope not, that might get him arrested. Rice hasn't been in the league for about four years. 

I meant S. Diggs

Long day at Jerruh World yesterday and no coffee yet. 

Herschel posted:
A trade back in the second might be in the cards as well. 

Have to think we are done trading back, since you do that to get more picks.  I think we use the 5's to get another 4.  Would love to see a move to get back a 3.  

I think Gute played his cards like a champ.  GB traded back a few spots, picked up a highly rated player at a position of need and gained another 1st round pick in the process.  I believe that Gute will trade back up into the 2nd or 3rd round today.

People losing their shiit over the loss of James or Edmonds need to relax.  Just like Alexander, they are nothing more than prospects right now.  Talking about them in terms of being absolute difference makers is way, way premature.  It's a crapshoot gentlemen... and the more dice you get to roll, the better your chances.

Any comparisons of Alexander and Carroll are ridiculous.  

Herschel posted:

IMO you're really reaching to justify the pick. Carroll is a good comp. It's also fully possible Alexander's head won't turn in to a jello mold, which would be a tremendous help, but he's very concerning as a pick. Giving up the third was harsh also. A trade back in the second might be in the cards as well. 

You're reaching to justify that comparison and your concern. Carroll was an inch shorter 15 lbs heavier with an extensive track background. They only thing they have in common is that they play CB, were picked in R1 by the Packers, they are better in press coverage than zone, and they are under 6'. If those are your criteria then yeah their similarities are concerning. Alexander's measurables are all pretty close to Sam Shields including size, build, speed, college conference, and WR background. 

Herschel posted:

I meant S. Diggs

Long day at Jerruh World yesterday and no coffee yet. 

Tell catts to get out of bed and make you some!

Looks like we're going to have some nice talent available in R2:

Best Player Available

Rnd

Grade

Pos

Full Name

School

1st

DE

Harold Landry

Boston College

1st

CB

Josh Jackson

Iowa

1-2

OLB

Lorenzo Carter

Georgia

1st

G

William Hernandez

UTEP

1-2

RB

Derrius Guice

LSU

1-2

DT

Maurice Hurst

Michigan

1-2

WR

Courtland Sutton

SMU

2nd

TE

Dallas Goedert

South Dakota State

2nd

WR

Christian Kirk

Texas A&M

2nd

RB

Nick Chubb

Georgia

2nd

C

James Daniels

Iowa

2nd

TE

Michael Gesicki

Penn State

2nd

S

Ronnie Harrison

Alabama

2nd

CB

Carlton Davis

Auburn

2nd

CB

Isaiah Oliver

Colorado

2nd

WR

DJ Chark

LSU

2nd

T

Connor Williams

Texas

2nd

DT

Harrison Phillips

Stanford

2nd

G

Austin Corbett

Nevada

2nd

DE

Sam Hubbard

Ohio State

2nd

RB

Kerryon Johnson

Auburn

2nd

WR

James Washington

Oklahoma State

2nd

RB

Ronald Jones II

USC

2nd

TE

Ian Thomas

Indiana

2nd

S

Jessie Bates III

Wake Forest

2nd

DE

Da'Shawn Hand

Alabama

2nd

DE

Josh Sweat

Florida State

2nd

T

Brian O'Neill

Pittsburgh

2nd

DE

Rasheem Green

USC

2nd

DT

B.J. Hill

North Carolina State

2-3

DE

Jalyn Holmes

Ohio State

2nd

S

Kyzir White

West Virginia

2nd

T

Chukwuma Okorafor

Western Michigan

With all that D and OL talent still available, it's going to be hard for them to look at WR in RD2 but damn, they really need to find one before the end of the day.

Last edited by DH13

I'm hoping the Saints trade was truly some future planning on Goof's part.  2 #1's is a lot of ammo.  

If I'm using my totally un-scientific and non-existent draft board I would guess if the Packers sit pat it's an offensive pick, OL or TE.  

I keep reading Landry would be purely a pass rush guy, no inside move, not sturdy enough.  Would he truly be worth trying to make a move up in the 2nd to get?  I'm just curious to see if any respectable pass rushers would drop to the middle of the round.  There must be some reservations about Landry.  

Dance for me draft monkeys.  

antiworst posted:

Yeah, I can't think of one CB that was a bit cocky and was successful. Not one. Give me that shrinking violet every time. Seriously? 

Where has anyone said they shouldn't be cocky? 

Herschel posted:

Million dollar idea.  Packers backfield nick name.  Ministry of Silly Walks.

Of course they'd be penalized into a 0-16 record. 

The Offense better be reading this.  Now that's an EZ celebration.

Last edited by Henry

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.