Skip to main content

excalibur posted:
excalibur posted:

Look, I know politics didn't make the cut for my Top 5 list of NFL Draft Viewing Party rules, but let's use common sense and not poke the bare.

Tell it to the bore.

Now you've gone and done it.  I even deleted my post.  See, I have a problem with you personally because I know what kind of POS you are.  

Strap in. 

Henry posted:

This is the new NFL!  It's a show among shows!

That's the other reason why I'm looking forward to tomorrow, it'll feel like the draft again.

Nope.  Apparently day 3 includes remote locations from around the globe where fans/dumdums announce the selections.  

The NFL really jacked up what used to be a great thing.

We have the last pick of the fourth, and the first of the fifth. Then, two picks in three late in the fifth. A good amount of talent left on the board yet.

The more I'm reading about Burks, the more I'm feeling better. He's a smart kid. So, while he's not polished as a linebacker, smarts + freakish athletic ability with Pettine to coach him, he's a project at ILB, but he should make an impact on special teams immediately. 

It would be nice to have some real speed and athleticism coming from ILB. 

Pakrz posted:
Henry posted:

This is the new NFL!  It's a show among shows!

That's the other reason why I'm looking forward to tomorrow, it'll feel like the draft again.

Nope.  Apparently day 3 includes remote locations from around the globe where fans/dumdums announce the selections.  

The NFL really jacked up what used to be a great thing.

Last year, the repeated orangutan picks nearly caused Mayok to walk off the stage.  This year there is going to be a parrot.

Must see tee vee.

Pakrz posted:

Ok... I've educated myself a bit on Oren Burks.  While I'm not thrilled with where he was drafted based on his production, this is a remarkable human being.  I mean, just a top shelf kid with loads of character, leadership, a sense of community and and a moral compass that is always pointed in the right direction.  

Ya mean Packer People??  

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.