Skip to main content

Last Friday night after the son's HS baseball game I threw a 16 pound Packer Brisket on the smoker at midnight. Took that clod 14 hours to hit 197F. Then 5 hours in the cooler wrapped in towels that the wife will have to replace at some point. 

I specifically saved 3lbs of that brisket to bathe in homemade beef stock for 3 hours tonight for Brisket dipped sandwiches. Like French Dip on steroids. 

Tito's. Fresh squeezed lemonade, Brisket. 

It's draft night!!!!

Henry posted:
Brainwashed Boris posted:
Rusty posted:

Good evening ladies,

Against the advice of my lawyers and therapists, I am once again operating all NFL Draft viewing operations for Timesfour. 

Here are simple rules I came up with to make sure that we all have a great time!

1. Please be nice to me.
  2. Do not own me.
  3. If your birthday falls on draft weekend, you have to change it to the weekend after next.
  4. Any mention of Capers of any kind or context will result in an electric shock to the balls. No question asked. No exceptions.
  5. The NFL is continuing to ruin a niche event by trying to add all sorts of distracting side shows and gimmicks to make it more appealing to the "mainstream" viewer. These changes are purely cosmetic and superficial gimmicks that don't solve any of the league's real problems, which when you think about is pretty much how I run my life except I don't have Robert Kraft using me as a puppet or a bunch of concussed steroid addicts trying to sue me lol.

Well played

Thanks Rusty.

Rusty is a ginger dink who loves The Wizard.  Did I cover them all?

El-Ka-Bong posted:

Dom Capers

Hungry5 posted:

Capers

Depends on whether I'm having something that goes with a red, or something that goes with a white. 

It's actually a French AOC wine, so it's Melon de Bourgogne, and most certainly not Moscato.

I've got an acquaintance from Romania who suggested I try a Feteasca Neagra, but the stores around here don't carry much of anything from Romania. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.