Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Well I am a long time Capitals fan (lived in DC for a long time) so its hard for me to pick them after all of their choking in the playoffs.  So I guess I would have to say the teams with the best shots are the Lightening, Bruins, Predators, Jets, and I can never count out the Penguins (just threw up in my mouth).

I havent seen much of Vegas this year but man that sure would be a cool story if they could pull that off.  

The Heckler posted:

Well I am a long time Capitals fan (lived in DC for a long time) so its hard for me to pick them after all of their choking in the playoffs.  So I guess I would have to say the teams with the best shots are the Lightening, Bruins, Predators, Jets, and I can never count out the Penguins (just threw up in my mouth).

I havent seen much of Vegas this year but man that sure would be a cool story if they could pull that off.  

Washington seemed in control most of the game vs Columbus, they seemed to get to the loose pucks first , yet somehow in overtyme  # 9 for Columbus went backhand, to forehand  and just snapped the puck right over the goalies shoulder   really nice goal.

good thing for the Capitals its a best of seven series   

I can only imagine how storied franchises like Montreal, Deeeeeeeeeeetroit and Edmonton must be feeling with the success Vegas is having , while perusing  the the world wide web I came across this little nugget, a look at expansion / charter teams only a few have found early success.....one Milwaukee Bucks,  OK their first season was not all that dazzling 27-55 in 1968-1969, but then the Bucks drafted Lew Alcindor in 70-71 the Bucks went on to win the NBA title by SWEEEEEEPING the Baltimore Bullets.  Oscar Robertson was not  to bad for Milwaukee either....   

good timing.  Washington scores in another overtime game to win 4-3 and go up 3 game to 2 over Columbus.   game 6 Monday in Ohio

A L S O

Tampa Bay beats New Jersey  3-1 to win series 4 games to 1 and advance to round deuce.

Last edited by skully

Only one game 7 left to play  between  Toronto @ Boston  tonight  6:30 pm

Second round Stanley Cup playoff openers:

Thursday April 26      7pm eastern

Pittsburgh Penguins

@

Washington Capitals

----------------------------------------

Thursday April 26     10pm eastern

San Jose Sharks

@

Vegas Golden Knights

-----------------------------------------

Friday  April 27      8pm eastern

Winnipeg Jets

@

Nashville Predators

the winner of game 7 tonight between Boston and Toronto will play

Saturday  at Tampa Bay

all games on NBCSN

good luck on the ratings Thursday against the NFL draft. 

Brainwashed Boris posted:

I got my Vegas G-Spots hat on!

nice hat to have on Boris  

so the expansion team goes to the cup finals in their very first year

plenty of rest for the Vegas team,   8 days before San Jose  in round two,

and 5 days rest before Winnipeg,   probably get another weeks rest  now before they meet Tampa.   for the cup....

talk about legal gambling, you could have bought Vegas at the beginning of the year for  500 - 1 odds  that should have the boyz in the desert a little concerned.

game 6 Monday night   7 pm between

Tampa 

@

Washington 

Last edited by skully

just about ready to get started  7pm  nbc

how do you like that, its 92 degrees in las vegas  and their playing a game on

frozen water.  how would you like to be the palooooooooooooza  paying that electric bill?????

caps are a whopping 8-2 as visitors.......  vegas is pretty impressive 6-1 at home

vegas small favorite on home ice    - 155

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.